W I L L O W B A N K - Saturday edition V 5.1

This forum is here for QLD members to organise meets and/or Cruises in their area..
15uzu
Regular

Post by 15uzu »

You need to have an approved helmet, long sleeves & long pants. I'm planning on going up to the next one coming up on Saturday - when were you planing on going up there?
LOK15
Gemini Master

Post by LOK15 »

yeah , saturdAY the 7th , this one coming.. i'll be there.. gates open at 4pm , racing from 4.30pm.

adam.. there is new laws coming in with helmet approvals.. new standards or something.. but they still are ok with the AS1698 ones.

I'll be there a bit after 4pm with coupe in tow.. fixing torque tube mount this week , and getting some more tyres sorted out
Getting too old for this s*#t!!
15uzu
Regular

Post by 15uzu »

Yeahthey're chnagingthe helmet rules, but I don't know whether the test n tune meets are affected.
jezza
n00b

Post by jezza »

k well I'll have to buy a helmet or borrow one. but I got some bad news today. my thoughts were confirmed that I'm gonna need to replace the timing chain in the fj. so it might be outta action for a month or so depending on when it can get done and how long the parts take to arrive. but I'll see whos keen to go again when its done. thanks for the info.
15uzu
Regular

Post by 15uzu »

I'm taking to Monza out for something different....lets see if I can crack a 20 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
GEMI79
Chatterbox

Post by GEMI79 »

not gonna make it too much on :( :(
my gemini may be s*#t, but ur ugly, at least i can fix my car
GEMI79
Chatterbox

Post by GEMI79 »

how did u go tonite loki
LOK15
Gemini Master

Post by LOK15 »

3 runs , is all i got before the starter motor kicked the bucket

Tyres this time were 215/50/13 BF goodrich 90% tread , has an almost identical rolling diameter as a 185/60/13 , so pretty much back to the same rolling diameter as my first outing

1st run was @ 10 deg advance , gotta say , the car felt sluggish , and showed it , the time was 16.919 @ 79.8MPH in the right hand lane

2nd run... timing back to 4 deg advance , felt more responsive , needless to say this run was shocking , done in the left hand lane , i got wheelspin for about a fifth of the track ( its a fuken gemini , they dont spin the wheels ) and the guy previous to me i watched spin for 3/4 of the track.... Needless to say , i got a 17.3 @80.46MPH

3rd and final run ( had to sit in the staging lanes with the car running as at this point i was unable to shut it off as the starter shagged out ) was an excellent run , but still a little boggy off the line ( need to tweak the carbs as they die off the line if you feed it too much ) i managed a 16.5 @ 80.6MPH

All i need to do is leave the line cleaner , i dont see why i cant break into the 15's

So next time hopefully , i'll be diff locked , and carbs running better from low down RPM

Once again.. only gemini out there
LOK15
Gemini Master

Post by LOK15 »

20MB in size , so dont watch if on dial up , only if your really keen

this isnt last nights runs , its the previous week , where on the last run i bogged down at the lights.

Many thanks to andrew64 for the filming duties
GEMI79
Chatterbox

Post by GEMI79 »

16.5 is still not too bad i think well done lok ill do my best to get there next time in the gem
b3n_9sec
Regular

Post by b3n_9sec »

Well done Lok. wish I was there. have you changed your stall yet??
LOK15
Gemini Master

Post by LOK15 »

b3n_9sec wrote:Well done Lok. wish I was there. have you changed your stall yet??
not yet , wont be doing that for a while , i want to get the motor at its peak before changing stall.

Due to a few things happening in the next few weeks , wont be going back out for a while , but will keep thread updated as to when i go out again
fatTG-TE

Post by fatTG-TE »

LOK15 wrote:
b3n_9sec wrote:Well done Lok. wish I was there. have you changed your stall yet??
not yet , wont be doing that for a while , i want to get the motor at its peak before changing stall.

Due to a few things happening in the next few weeks , wont be going back out for a while , but will keep thread updated as to when i go out again
well mate we r we going out next?
LOK15
Gemini Master

Post by LOK15 »

fatTG-TE wrote:well mate we r we going out next?

I have cracked the head , and may look at changing it this weekend , to a 1600 head , ported cam etc ( currently running a G200 head )

Then i'll find a good saturday to take it out , and get as many runs as possible with the new head , and then its Downdraught carb time!!! we'll then see which is better!!!!
LOK15
Gemini Master

Post by LOK15 »

ok , checking the willowbank calender , it doesnt have any test and tunes for august , the next saturday one is on the 12th , so thats the date i plan to be running the coupe out next , with new head on it.