W I L L O W B A N K - Saturday edition V 5.1

This forum is here for QLD members to organise meets and/or Cruises in their area..
Andrew64
Regular

Post by Andrew64 »

I'll come along and be crew
Image ©2009
GEMI79
Chatterbox

Post by GEMI79 »

if i can muster up enough cash i will come out in my gem to c wot its capable of

maybe even give ur secet herbs n spices a shake c wots there lol
my gemini may be s*#t, but ur ugly, at least i can fix my car
155-low
Regular

Post by 155-low »

Hey, I am heading out on saturday if you can't find someone to tape it. I'm keen.
LOK15
Gemini Master

Post by LOK15 »

sweet.. looks like a few will be coming.

andrew , alone or not? I have a spare seat which means no entry fee , but i doubt i'll be there all night , a quick few runs and home again.. still playing with the tune/wheels etc
Getting too old for this s*#t!!
Andrew64
Regular

Post by Andrew64 »

Alone, Leanne is working = What time we leaving, I might ride out :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Image ©2009
GEMI79
Chatterbox

Post by GEMI79 »

good nite out tonight! :D

also cheers for the advice loki, cya out there next time hopfully in the gem :D :D :D
tristan
n00b

Post by tristan »

did you run the gem or the ss steve? what times you get? :D
GEMI79
Chatterbox

Post by GEMI79 »

i ran the ss this time go 15.2 u should come next time we go out i wanna run the gem then
tristan
n00b

Post by tristan »

f*#k yeah man 15's arent bad aye. yeah i'll definately be out next time... got all the ball joint in over the weekend now just waitin on the misses dad to do the welding haha
LOK15
Gemini Master

Post by LOK15 »

Yeah was a good night , pity it was bracket racing... after the first 3 runs , it was crap! amount of waiting was ridiculous , hence i only got 3 runs in.. not very happy with them either... slower than the first time , so next time i'll have smaller tyres on , get back to being consisant.. and try cure that dead spot that occured on the 3rd run at the lights..

After comparing the last few runs , it seems that my reaction times need work , and need to hit 135kph to break into the 15's. Im doing fairly constant runs , all around the 131kph ( 81mph ) , so just have to tweak something to gain that little extra top end speed.. gear changes are around the 6000rpm mark.

It may well be the fact im still running a stock auto that hasnt been serviced in probably 7 years , or not.. but i do know , the tyres need to be a smaller rolling diametre , last night i had on 185/65/13 , whereas the first runs i used a 185/60/13. So next time i'll retry the 185/60's , and also some 215/50/13's ( unless they have the same height as the 185's ).

If one of these tyre combo's gives me nice consistant times , i'll then throw on downdraught 40mm carbs without changing anything and see how they go performance wise , whether i gain or lose time , so we can find out which is the better carby to use for power gains.

Video uploaded soon
LOK15
Gemini Master

Post by LOK15 »

Video program is p!ssing me off to no end.. uploads them , but wont let me edit GRRRRRRRRR

Next time i go out will be 7th march , its a designated test and tune day , as the 4th is a wednesday. Should be set up a bit better by then i hope.. trying to crack into the 15's , but have a long way to go yet!!!

P.s soon as i get spare time i'll have another crack at editing
GEMI79
Chatterbox

Post by GEMI79 »

hopefully i will be able to join u in the gem
tg2000power
Regular

Post by tg2000power »

anyone keen next wednesday, 4/3 ? ive been challenged by this car..

http://www.aus12.org/index.php?showtopic=3677
15uzu
Regular

Post by 15uzu »

LOK15 wrote:so just have to tweak something to gain that little extra top end speed.. gear changes are around the 6000rpm mark.
Bzzzzzz.....wrong answer!!!!! You need to focus more on getting the car to launch harder & pick up time in the first 330ft. Make up a few tenths here & you'll be surprised how much overall it helps :wink:

ps...terminal speed of the green ute was only 135 & it was running 14.2's :wink:
jezza
n00b

Post by jezza »

I'm keen to go to a test n tune. haven't been before, but I have to get a few things done on the fj first. what do you need to make the run? helmet? anythin else?