W I L L O W B A N K - Saturday edition V 5.1

This forum is here for QLD members to organise meets and/or Cruises in their area..
LOK15
Gemini Master

Post by LOK15 »

quick update... head was fine , but changed anyway.. turns out the intake manifol gasket had been leaking straight into number 1.

new 1600 ported head and match porting of intake manifold.. and she's pretty much ready to go..

Willowbank site still isnt showing anything for august , so i dont know if there are test n tunes on this month.. if anyone knows , let me know asap please.. im keen to get it out there and run it!!
Getting too old for this s*#t!!
LOK15
Gemini Master

Post by LOK15 »

Ok , saturday the 12th of september is a designated test and tune , so i'll be heading out with coupe in tow.. anyone else keen for this outing?
suprafrog
Regular

Post by suprafrog »

LOK15 wrote:Ok , saturday the 12th of september is a designated test and tune , so i'll be heading out with coupe in tow.. anyone else keen for this outing?
might bring my wagon out, depending on how my head goes, i get my licence back at midnight on the 11th so it would be my first outing in 6 months, whats it cost?
Gemmy_boi
n00b

Post by Gemmy_boi »

hey man, ill come and watch you if im free that week end and i can hold the cam for ya
Mad C*NTS drive Gemini's
LOK15
Gemini Master

Post by LOK15 »

suprafrog wrote:
LOK15 wrote:Ok , saturday the 12th of september is a designated test and tune , so i'll be heading out with coupe in tow.. anyone else keen for this outing?
might bring my wagon out, depending on how my head goes, i get my licence back at midnight on the 11th so it would be my first outing in 6 months, whats it cost?

$40 to race by memory , and $5 for the andrea licence , you can bring a passenger for free
Andrew64
Regular

Post by Andrew64 »

What time ?
GEMI79
Chatterbox

Post by GEMI79 »

LOK15 wrote:
suprafrog wrote:

$40 to race by memory , and $5 for the andrea licence , you can bring a passenger for free
when we went last time it was an event not test n tune so this time it should be only $38 like normal.
my gemini may be s*#t, but ur ugly, at least i can fix my car
fj20hunter
Chatterbox

Post by fj20hunter »

Thinking about this date myself, go to Powercruise for the day and then have a skid afterwards at Willowbank :D

BTW it is now $40 to race at a Tn'T. They've put the prices up again! :evil:
SLIMER
Regular

Post by SLIMER »

im in, i will be going to this 100%.
What time you leaving LOK15? i might meet you at yours before you leave depending on what time your heading off.

Hoping to have my car ready by then...it would be pushing it but possible..

Haven been to a test and tune for awhile.
LOK15
Gemini Master

Post by LOK15 »

prolly leave around 3.30pm steve , get there roughly 4. will be stripping the car out sat morning to lose some fat off its ass and hopefully go quicker
GEMI79
Chatterbox

Post by GEMI79 »

i will meet u out there if i can make it would be keen to skid it up a bit
my gemini may be s*#t, but ur ugly, at least i can fix my car
suprafrog
Regular

Post by suprafrog »

dont know if ill make it out to race, dont think ill have my engine back together and have time to get my twins retuned, might still come out to watch though depending on what it costs..
LOK15
Gemini Master

Post by LOK15 »

suprafrog wrote:dont know if ill make it out to race, dont think ill have my engine back together and have time to get my twins retuned, might still come out to watch though depending on what it costs..
if you jump in the car with someone racing , its free ( 1 passenger per car )
jezza
n00b

Post by jezza »

someone just told me that power cruise is on that sat. 12th weekend and there will be so many cars there that u might only get 1 or 2 runs in. so don't know if you wanna do it that weekend or wait til the next one. cause I was trying to have my car done by then but don't know if it will be ready anyway so I might be at the next one.
LOK15
Gemini Master

Post by LOK15 »

jezza wrote:someone just told me that power cruise is on that sat. 12th weekend and there will be so many cars there that u might only get 1 or 2 runs in. so don't know if you wanna do it that weekend or wait til the next one. cause I was trying to have my car done by then but don't know if it will be ready anyway so I might be at the next one.
yeah , powercruise is on the same time , BUT , and this im not sure of , powercruise is run on the race track , not the drag strip , and from both sites , there is no mention of the test n tune not running on saturday night
With entrant numbers looking very good, I suggest punters head out to the track on Thursday 10th September if you can get the time off so you can get your car scrutineered early, find the perfect camping spot and generally get ready for the wildest 3 days of motoring fun that you’ll ever have. Access to the Raceway will be via the Willowbank Raceway drag strip and gates will open from midday and they’ll stay open until 10pm for new & pre entrant registrations, traders and vehicle scrutineering. I need to stress that ALL car trailers must be put in the designated trailer parking area so we can keep the roadway and camping areas clear.
so it MAY be a bit congested , but i have a feeling there will be more people for pwercruise events than the drags , but knowing my luck , i'll be wrong..

Im still planning on heading out.. even if only a few runs , theres sure to be a lot of action and top cars out there!!!!