Gemini Car Club

This forum is here for VIC members to organise meets and/or Cruises in their area..
samstg

Post by samstg »

Yeah i would defintely be up for it, there would be about 5 of us. Me mates have are not member of the site but they all have geminis one has a rotary in it as well number plates WILD TG, we live on the mornington peninsula we go cruising every so often but we wont more people so count us in
HYPO_TG
Regular

Post by HYPO_TG »

WELL...now the we all have gotten over the Melbourne-syndrome(plan something and it will never f*!kin happen) lets go about actually sorting this out. people so far that have expressed interest are:
Evlgem(paul),colgem, zzr81, tazzie zz/z, aka5000, gemhead, sheel, hsvgem(steve), tx hotrod, saidy, dj, emf, my77tdwagon, pub-jon, couped, buggzy, cdtpf60, TGCOUP, Gem-u-ine, samstg & myself

most were happy with my original meets so here it is again:

initial meet: Stamford Hotel Carpark, Rowville(melways ref 81 H3) or StudPark Shopping Centre(melways ref 81 J1)

meet points:
1. tunstall square shopping centre(melways ref 48 E2), or mitcham harvey norman(melways ref 48 G9) via stud rd, burwood hwy and springvale rd

2. lilydale safeway/b'ball carpark(melways ref 38 D5) via maroondah hwy

3. Bayswater Anaconda/maccas (melways ref 64 G1) via swansea rd, caterbury rd

this cruise route will be around 60 km's and take between 1 and 1.5 hrs not including actually stopping at meet points.

lets not let this cruise be forgotten again - for evlgem and some of the other original SEGCC members this is your chance to bring it back into the limelight...

all that is needed is a date/time, you can sort that out..

Cheers,
Mark
PF60 Kev
Long Term Member

Post by PF60 Kev »

Well, depending upon what day and the temperature outside I might be able to bring the van out. It only goes out once a year so this would be a mammoth event. :lol:

If not, I'd still be there in the ute. Probably wouldn't cruise though - that would just be silly.

Count me in - still interested.

Kev
pistonbroke
Regular

Post by pistonbroke »

Just found this thread.I'd be in.Even though I am on the wrong side of the yarra.
TGCOUP
Regular

Post by TGCOUP »

fuk yeah, thats the spirit.

this needs to be a regular happening.

Something we can cater for us enthusists to know eachother, help eachother with mechanical help or knowledgable info etc, and cruise, and rep our hood.

:D
cdtpf60
Regular

Post by cdtpf60 »

guy's if we can pull this it would be awsome as i work nights it would have to on weekends my wife and i are both ex segcc members and there is a couple of other former members that i still see on a regular basis,plus cdtpf60two (my younger brother)should have a gemini soon so is also intrested.unfortunatly until we can get club plates on the race car it wont be at cruise night's.
but maybe once my wife and i have moved into our house we maybe able to have meet ups at our house so those that are intrested maybe able to see the car as we restore it.
paul(segcc member for almost 10 years)
Buggzy
Long Term Member

Post by Buggzy »

4 pages not a lot resolved? :?
Boostin for lyfe!
Living Today
Regular

Post by Living Today »

Buggzy wrote:4 pages not a lot resolved? :?
agreed
Previously known as tx hotrod

tf s*#t box on the mend, but it's my daily.
cdtpf60
Regular

Post by cdtpf60 »

tx hotrod wrote:
Buggzy wrote:4 pages not a lot resolved? :?
agreed
without trying to cause trouble where does this help!
when the club was at its best we all worked together to get things done, whilst things wernt done every week some of us used to meet up at least every other week.
alot of water (and alot of greyhairs)may have moved under the bridge since ive got back into gemini's the same feeling seems to be there ive met a few of you out there and with abit of work on all sides this can go somewhere but it will take a little patience on all parts.
the begining is the organised cruise nighs (any chance of a saturday)
the next part is where to meet once a month or so and lets see where this takes us.
i hope this helps you move forward!
paul (now on my fourth gemini)
PF60 Kev
Long Term Member

Post by PF60 Kev »

There was talk of meeting around the Rowville area.

This works for the boys down towards warragul and even down the peninsular. It's not too far for peopel to come in from the city either.

Weekends (day time) are a biatch for me - but Friday & Saturday nights are good.

Kev
HYPO_TG
Regular

Post by HYPO_TG »

i say we should just set a date 2 weeks from now, because no matter how long we wait the first meet will be small. people will either just not show or get some amazing excuse as to why they didnt show!

i reckon make it the 2nd(friday) or 3rd(saturday) of March, you can argue over the best time because it wont concern me - although i suggest a 6-7pm initial meet at rowville so it is still light when we all meet up.

PAUL(evlgem) - if you are happy with this then change the topic title so it displays date/time

Mark
PF60 Kev
Long Term Member

Post by PF60 Kev »

Friday traffic is a prick so I propose we make it at 7pm on Friday the 2nd March. I'll bring the Gypsy unless it's raining.

Venue in Rowvile area?

Kev
HYPO_TG
Regular

Post by HYPO_TG »

ITS DONE!!!!!

SHEEL

Post by SHEEL »

I might come down for the meet... can't cruise though
I won't be in my car either, I just want to show up to show my support....
gemhead
Long Term Member

Post by gemhead »

you picked a really bad time to have the meet i would like to come but i'll be at work oh well cant suit everyone can ya maybe next time