Gemini Car Club

This forum is here for VIC members to organise meets and/or Cruises in their area..
gemracing
Gemini Master

Post by gemracing »

Might have to get a trade plate for the day :D :D :D :D

Regards,
Darren
Current Car.....

-G180 TX red coupe 9.20@148.6mph on a 26x8.5" tyre and no nitrous 2380lbs with driver
zzr81
Regular

Post by zzr81 »

great to see some progress, I will be on holidays but have fun
Living Today
Regular

Post by Living Today »

i am there. just got news tyres and ball joints and tie rods will be in so am up for a good night.

pretty stoked to actually c it all happening.
Previously known as tx hotrod

tf s*#t box on the mend, but it's my daily.
FieldEffect
Was dangerous_dave

Post by FieldEffect »

Will the club organise any off road events etc?

What sorts of agenda's does it have?

Im not really into cruises around the city, but if there was a group organising track days, trips to calder etc etc id support that 100%

Why not organise a drive up the dandenong mountains one weekend or somthing? Or Jells park? Fill the carpark with 20 gems and put on a BBQ or somthing?

Sheel whats involved in getting a car club "CAMS"'d? Ive never been in a car club before, can it make it easier to get and maintain a cams license / other things you require for amature racing?
Gemini: Light weight, low cost RWD automotive platform.
SHEEL

Post by SHEEL »

gemracing wrote:Might have to get a trade plate for the day :D :D :D :D

Regards,
Darren
I wouldn't if I were you Darren, Its the Knox patrol area. The cops there are hardcore.
I couldn't think of a Legit story to tell a cop when you have trade plates on after 7:30pm...it won't fly.

I'd drive my car on my permit if I could, but its Knox...

Why don't you just drive your missus' car?
SHEEL

Post by SHEEL »

dangerous_dave wrote: Sheel whats involved in getting a car club "CAMS"'d? Ive never been in a car club before, can it make it easier to get and maintain a cams license / other things you require for amature racing?
Yeah to get your CAMS licence you need to be a member in a CAMS affiliated car club. I'm in the Nissan Datsun Sports Owners Club.
They hold Sprint races once a month and a hillclimb once per year.
They also have a big "national" meet with a shown shine and trophies ect...

I could look into what it takes to get CAMS affiliated... I dare say it'd be pretty involved.

FYI The S.E Gemini club of old used to hold an annual Fours and rotaries show and shine at the Burvale Hotel with trophies and trade stands ect...
AFAIK they discontinued due to escalating(sp?) costs in Public Liability insurance.
its all about the money.....
FieldEffect
Was dangerous_dave

Post by FieldEffect »

They hold Sprint races once a month and a hillclimb once per year.
Thats the s*#t we need!
Gemini: Light weight, low cost RWD automotive platform.
HYPO_TG
Regular

Post by HYPO_TG »

one thing can lead to another - i can safely say that if the first few meets go well then bigger things will come - so show your support and we can get the ball rolling!!
gemracing
Gemini Master

Post by gemracing »

SHEEL wrote:
gemracing wrote:Might have to get a trade plate for the day :D :D :D :D

Regards,
Darren
I wouldn't if I were you Darren, Its the Knox patrol area. The cops there are hardcore.
I couldn't think of a Legit story to tell a cop when you have trade plates on after 7:30pm...it won't fly.

I'd drive my car on my permit if I could, but its Knox...

Why don't you just drive your missus' car?
Just kidding Sheel,
The missus car is up for sale soon,minus the good engine.
Regards,
Darren
Current Car.....

-G180 TX red coupe 9.20@148.6mph on a 26x8.5" tyre and no nitrous 2380lbs with driver
ONLYA4
Regular

Post by ONLYA4 »

I would think about coming, but i'm a bit worried, the places you have chosen are pretty big cop spots. Baysy Anaconda has a massive carpark yeah, but it's on the corner of 2 very main roads and last time people I know had a meet at Anaconda the cops came and that Adam Pettit or whoever he is rocked up with the TOGgy's and made sure everyone f*#cked right off very quickly.
The Holden Gemini - it's Australia's answer to the Corvette, assuming the question was very badly worded.

PF60 Kev
Long Term Member

Post by PF60 Kev »

(Quick Google Search on Adam Petitte)...Seems adam hates the ricers etc

Perhaps we should move it over to (say) Waverley Gardens or somewhere like that?

Kev
HYPO_TG
Regular

Post by HYPO_TG »

well im open for meet point suggestions, just as nobody has been much help(just agreeing or disagreeing with my suggestions)..the initial meet point seems to be a winner so lets run with that - LETS HEAR SOME PLACES TO MEET!! - it will be another 2 months before a cruise if people dont voice their opinion and make another option...

Mark
PF60 Kev
Long Term Member

Post by PF60 Kev »

Have you seen the Stamford lately - I drove past it today and it's undergoing a bit of work.

I'm happy with the Stamford or anywhere close by if anyone has a better option. If not, then the Stamford it is.

Kev
Living Today
Regular

Post by Living Today »

i would suggest somewhere but i am unsure of where cops hang out up that way. ( this seems to be everyone's issue.) if no one is f*#cking around it shouldn't be a problem. that said if everyone is keen we could always do a peninsula run. meet in frankston and cruise to arthers seat and down to rye, sorrento. there are some nice roads and i think a heap of gems up at arthers seat would be sweet as.
Previously known as tx hotrod

tf s*#t box on the mend, but it's my daily.
cdtpf60
Regular

Post by cdtpf60 »

dangerous_dave wrote:Will the club organise any off road events etc?

What sorts of agenda's does it have?

Im not really into cruises around the city, but if there was a group organising track days, trips to calder etc etc id support that 100%

Why not organise a drive up the dandenong mountains one weekend or somthing? Or Jells park? Fill the carpark with 20 gems and put on a BBQ or somthing?

Sheel whats involved in getting a car club "CAMS"'d? Ive never been in a car club before, can it make it easier to get and maintain a cams license / other things you require for amature racing?
first you have to get the club going .
in the early 90's we (the old segcc) ran a couple of sprints with full cam's affilation but it was very expensive so after three years the sprint's were dropped.
because you are looking at a small membership to start with i'd look at where to hold monthly meetings and the basic things after the first couple of successful criuses.
paul (i cant be there on friday's iwork nights but good luck)