knox cruise night. has been saved..14 oct is next one.

This forum is here for VIC members to organise meets and/or Cruises in their area..
OLDSCHOOL
Regular

Post by OLDSCHOOL »

Plenty of cops around checking cars. I'm glad i didn't bring the gem.
TX Coupe. Isuzu G180, gemini auto and gemini diff. 10.84@127mph

TG Panel Van- G180
headstrong
Regular
Location: putting my pets on facebook because i cbf paying them attention unless its online...

Post by headstrong »

i may have to have a word to the little piglet i know that works at knox station about what the f*#k was going on down there.. people must be obeying the laws and there revenue targets aren't being met.. scum of the earth... losers that feel important in uniform.. /rant
Scroll down for the meaning of life.
jimmymeik89
Regular

Post by jimmymeik89 »

yeah as i was leaving in my gem there was noone in front of me for a while and i saw the cops look at me and i was light on the throttle and as i passed them the copper jumped in his car and pulled behind me and i thought i was done... and then a bloke went through the red light and he chucked his sirens on and went around me... i was so relieved.. and made it home no problems..

does anyone know who owns this mint looking gem??Plates NVMYGM

This was mine:

i heard they were cracking down but i took my chances :P
SHEEL

Post by SHEEL »

my cousin took my gem there, Had no issues.
He spoke to one of the organisers who said after some of the last few events the cops threatened to shut it all down completely. So the organisers actually asked for a stronger Police presence to show them that the crowd can be well behaved and also to discourage highly illegally modified cars from driving.
So the cops were basically there to control things in general and also to target either absolute sh1tboxes or on the other end of the scale full blown drag cars that shouldn't really be driving on the street.
As a person who has modified their car by the book, and spent quite alot of money and effort in doing so, I support the cops in this case.

Only problem is it starts out like this then it just takes one power crazed dickhead cop to canary a lightly modified car where the driver is just cruising along doing nothin wrong...
headstrong
Regular
Location: putting my pets on facebook because i cbf paying them attention unless its online...

Post by headstrong »

SHEEL wrote:my cousin took my gem there, Had no issues.
He spoke to one of the organisers who said after some of the last few events the cops threatened to shut it all down completely. So the organisers actually asked for a stronger Police presence to show them that the crowd can be well behaved and also to discourage highly illegally modified cars from driving.
So the cops were basically there to control things in general and also to target either absolute sh1tboxes or on the other end of the scale full blown drag cars that shouldn't really be driving on the street.
As a person who has modified their car by the book, and spent quite alot of money and effort in doing so, I support the cops in this case.

Only problem is it starts out like this then it just takes one power crazed dickhead cop to canary a lightly modified car where the driver is just cruising along doing nothin wrong...
All cops are like this, they get praised and encouraged by mother pig when they bring home lots of revenue, and modified cars look like overflowing piggy banks to them.. lol
Scroll down for the meaning of life.
jimmymeik89
Regular

Post by jimmymeik89 »

did anyone go there the other night??

i didnt make it but i heard there were a s*#t ton of cops there with plate scanners too??

jimmy
SHEEL

Post by SHEEL »

didn't go... had a date :)

tits > car :P
Miottz
n00b

Post by Miottz »

I was there in my gold tx sedan. Saw one other gem. It was orange. Pigs galore. Nearly got busted, but mainly coz I'm a p plater in a loud car, and that
May be2 inches too low...
'75 TX Sedan, the rebuild begins for the 2nd time!
cdtpf60
Regular

Post by cdtpf60 »

it got a write up in the local paper this week..doesn't look good for the long term health of the event :cry: as 28 defects were given several people not sticking with the proper use of club rego..a couple of unregistered cars a couple of dui's and unlicensed driver's.
people when are you going to understand there are laws that the cops have to control...unlicensed drivers and car's are just the thing to close down a great event such as this...all because of a few dickheads!!!!!! :evil:
happiness is a cdt pf60 race car
now being worked on!!!!!!!
Scotsman

Post by Scotsman »

I've heard about this meet before.

Do the boys in blue often show up? Or is everyone usually well behaved and they leave us alone?

Anyone had a defect from just being there before?
gemani
n00b

Post by gemani »

over the last 2 cruze nights there has been a lot of cops there because of dickheads
doing burnouts in front of the knox police station after the january one
a lot of canarys, epa notices,etc,etc
if your car is loud, scrapes on speed humps or looks unroadworthy,
then you could get done..
they had the licence plate recognition cameras there the last couple of nights ,
booking unregistered cars, unlicensed drivers

10th april is the next and last of this season... back on in october

cheers
dave
eco-tec v6 te sedan
121 rwkw
14.29 @101.29mph
jimmymeik89
Regular

Post by jimmymeik89 »

apparently there wasnt many cars last night...

the cops should have just dealt with the people that did the burnouts and not penalized everyone else...

i think this CHARITY event is ruined now..

didnt go last night, my car isnt unroadworthy but dont need the attention by the piglets..

/rant
gemani
n00b

Post by gemani »

hey guy's

knox cruze night is starting a new season on the 9th october...

OVER $16,000 DONATED TO CHARITY LAST SEASON...

we have been told that the cops wont be hassling us as much as they have been...

they have proved there point that if the dickheads play up, the will come down hard on us....

SO PLEASE DONT PLAY UP...

cheers
dave..
eco-tec v6 te sedan
121 rwkw
14.29 @101.29mph
cdtpf60two

Post by cdtpf60two »

good night till the rain can't wait for the next one
Topha
n00b

knox cruise rip