Car club

This forum is here for VIC members to organise meets and/or Cruises in their area..
Miottz
n00b

Car club

Post by Miottz »

Hey guys, I'm in need of a car club so I can get a club reg. Can anyone recommend any good clubs, I'll wait out the year to be eligible, but paying rego for two cars when I'm a first year isn't easy.
Thanks in advance fellas
'75 TX Sedan, the rebuild begins for the 2nd time!
BigRed
Regular

Post by BigRed »

Rules have gotten strict with club reg now.
To and from club events or shop (only 90 days a year)
Logbook must be kept
Car must be roadworthy (done yearly)
Some others but can't remember off heart
"Chaos is our master"
modern bliss
Regular

Post by modern bliss »

BigRed wrote:Rules have gotten strict with club reg now.
To and from club events or shop (only 90 days a year)
Logbook must be kept
Car must be roadworthy (done yearly)
Some others but can't remember off heart

Quite the opposite. Doesn't need a road worthy if your club has a scrutineer, car doesn't require engineers cert if it's being scrutineered.
Under the new conditions of use, permit holders are no longer restricted to club sanctioned activities when using their vehicles. Club Permit vehicles can be used at any time for any purpose other than for the carriage of goods or passengers for hire or reward.

A logbook is issued to permit holders to record the use of the vehicle over the permit period. A log book entry must be made each day that the vehicle is used (unless the vehicle is within 100 metres of the garaged address).
http://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/Home/Reg ... ermits.htm

I'm about to change mine to club rego, I’ve done a fair bit of research and been in contact with my club on numerous occasions.
77 TC EFI TURBO

Four doors for more whores.