Darwin Gemini Cruise - Friday 28th July

This forum is here for NT members to organise meets and/or Cruises in their area..
Gem...
Regular

Post by Gem... »

wat u recon we organise a cruise in 2 weeks.
friday the ummmm that one. :?
not this friday and not the next one but the one after.
wat u guys think?
orange_gem
Regular

Post by orange_gem »

yeah thats ok, ill get it off work. the 3rd of november that is, i hopefully will be ready cause i gotta throw my system in and hopefully get my black carpet for the boot and dash and shelf in my, but its cutting it close.

i reckon we cruise around town in to town and then out to tdz or something just to show our gemini and they are better than those stupid lancer pieces of this. i HATE lancer's so much bloody posers.

i getting another gem next year which will be manual for me. my girlfriend wants to keep her auto but i dont know why. but i wasn't gonna put the SR20 in straight away it was gonna be about 2-3 months cause i want to f*#k the isuzu pone right up, if i can.
Keepin it sideways in the territory
Gem...
Regular

Post by Gem... »

ok.
well my gem wont be looking so good, has damage to the passenger side rear door. and at the moment is sitting on stocks on the rear couse the rims got damaged
paddles
Regular

Post by paddles »

yea the g180 and g200 bolt straight in. just like dropping another 1600 in.
I was going to mount my head unit in the glove box but found it wasn't deep enough, but your dash is different to mine so it might work...

As for the sr install Adam from Rev It Up does some top work and he knows what he's doing. Dont know how cheap he is though...

Im not too keen on TDZ, maybe head out to East Point for some piccies of the gems under the lights at the entrance
Gem...
Regular

Post by Gem... »

yeh,
we should think of actually organising something this time.
last time was a bit crap lol
so sumthin like meet up at truckcity, cruise to the city maybe, then around a bit then eastpoint for pics or sumthin.
dunno there isnt a hell of alot to do in darwin :?
Gem...
Regular

Post by Gem... »

and we gotta remember there are alot of cops around now, so we dont wanna be doing stupid s*#t and try make your car as roadwerthy as possible, no bald tyres lol
paddles
Regular

Post by paddles »

yea thats why I want to stay away from tdz and driving around in a convoy of gemini's in general. but sacrifices must be made :P
orange_gem
Regular

Post by orange_gem »

yeah the cops will only be out this weekend and thats it cause they got some high up bloke from down south inspecting there night squad with street racing or something. we can stay away from tdz it was just a question on were ppl want to go.

that sound like a good idea start truckcity then down mitchell than to east point for some pics.

thats sick the g180 fits. i really gonna try and get that in my girlfriends car next year cause it needs it. even though stock standard will be flash still.

so we all agree the 3rd of november thats friday in 2 weeks from tomorrow.
Gem...
Regular

Post by Gem... »

wat u got wrong with driving around in a convoy of gems alex?
sure it might atract some cop attention.
gotta get some tyres for my other stock rims for the front.
yeh that date should be ok.
paddles
Regular

Post by paddles »

got nothing against it... just nothing like a line of 5 or 6 gems at night for cop bait!
that date should be ok... should have the 2 litre in by then
Gem...
Regular

Post by Gem... »

hmmm wat u think i should do alex?
should i put the g200 in my car or just sell it or sumthin couse my car is damaged?
not sure wat to do
paddles
Regular

Post by paddles »

how much are you getting from insurance?
Gem...
Regular

Post by Gem... »

ohh i havent told u yet.
the full $1600 and keeping the car wich will not have the rego or anything canceled. so im in the middle of a cheap and bush mechanics job of repairing just so it dont rust. :p
gotta try get the diff out this weekend
but dunno how long that will take.
if your ever free u can help :D
paddles
Regular

Post by paddles »

yea ill give you a hand wit the diff and the panel beating, i've honed my craft on the datto, that gets knocked around a fair bit.
Just not for a week or two :D
orange_gem
Regular

Post by orange_gem »

so who else will be coming? i seen a TD sedan at video ezy last night at cas. was that one of yous? it was a green sorta metallic colour. it looked like a burnout machine (rear flare where covered in oil and rubber and dirt.

so what time we gonna start.

i got my system i just gotta make pod and should be right by the 3rd