moving to darwin

This forum is here for NT members to organise meets and/or Cruises in their area..
Davidf_96
n00b

moving to darwin

Post by Davidf_96 »

hey guys... ill be moving to darwin on the 19th of october.
and have no idea what its like there.
anyone wanting to give me a run down on what its like therewould be appreciated.. like wats there to do in darwin and wats the car scene like?
just general things to no about darwin?
haha cheers.
paddles
Regular

Post by paddles »

There's not much to it really. Fairly laid back etc. Cops are good.
Not much of a cruising car scene on the street unless you feel like going to TDZ and racing against p-platers in mums Getz. Most of the car scene revolves around the track, and in that sense its quite good.
Most people dont like it at first as there's not as much of the typical things you can do from down south. Grows on you though, and we have places like ww2 airstrips 30 minutes from town for going nuts without the po-po caring.
orange_gem
Regular

Post by orange_gem »

ok fellas its time to pull our finger out and have another cruise. i still wont be on the road with mine, should be about half way through of novemeber. so i think a cruise is in order. hopefully heath will have one of his on the road by then.
Keepin it sideways in the territory
Gem...
Regular

Post by Gem... »

hopefully sr gem will be back on the road by then, and white gem will have g200, might beat ya with getting g200 in stewert... :lol:
orange_gem
Regular

Post by orange_gem »

just wondering bro, what gem do you own? any pics so if we see you we know who it is?
slydwayz
n00b

Post by slydwayz »

sup guyz ? another member for darwin, bou yeh ! gems just seem to be multiplying up here, wicked.

david, would be great to have another gem up here, cant wait to meet, and greet, oh, and see your car, which is a gem, what ? tx,tc,td,te,tf,tg, or the dreaded rb ? sedan, wagon, or coupe, PICTURES , PICTURES ,PICTURES !!!!!!!!!! PLEASE !!
Davidf_96
n00b

Post by Davidf_96 »

sorry it took so long to write back guys.
i only got here yesterday!
and no luck on the car i doubt she would have made it up here and i couldnt afford to bring it up..
i mite just have tostart over with something i can find..
but for those interested she was/still is a purple te nothing to fancy 15" rims custom door trims resprayed dash/roof lining and carpet with a soundstream system in it. Its running gear was stock except for the 5 speed i put in it. Nothing to special but turned heads and got me around.
From what ive seen the car scene up here isnt that great, i dont think ive seen a decent import yet, and i havent seen a gemini.
whats getting around? anyone with anything above average?
orange_gem
Regular

Post by orange_gem »

mine will be above average hopefully. well for darwin the are some good cars. in the lastest hot 4's or fast fours i cant remember but my mate owes TEMPT the black supra thats in it. its alright i guess but the write up is a crop of shiet. the only decent thing about it is it sounds like a jet going pass ya at something off the clock :D :D :D (speedo only gets to 180.) :P

i would say let do a cruise but 2 off us hae no gems on the road. i shold have another soon though so will be up for one then.

see you around
stewart
slydwayz
n00b

Post by slydwayz »

yeah, car scene isnt that great ! over time you will see some exceptional
specimens on four wheels, there are a few gems around, theres about 8 of us that associate from time to time,
orange gem (stuie), robo,and myself have a shed in coconut grove industrial village were we can work on the gems, of which we are allmost done on stuies gem, soon to be back on the road ( thank christ more shed space) robos got a te sedan hes slowly turning into something worthy of track drift, and ive got three 1. my missus te,(std) 2. my td wagon(needs carb) 3. my babby, te sedan, matt black, going for that drift look , 1.6ltr n/a stg.4 crow cam, 100lbs valve springs(crow item) major port and polish, acl bearings in a std bottom end ( very soon to change that) see if i can send you a couple of pictures, may not work ok !
ImageImagehttp://img266.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... 610qm3.jpg
slydwayz
n00b

Post by slydwayz »

slydwayz
n00b

Post by slydwayz »

s*#t, ill get this soon enough, i keep forgeting how to post up images throgh imageshak !
[img][img=http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/7811/p5042610qm3.jpg][/img]
slydwayz
n00b

Post by slydwayz »

slydwayz
n00b

Post by slydwayz »

slydwayz
n00b

Post by slydwayz »

Image[/URL][/img]
slydwayz
n00b

Post by slydwayz »

anway, when you want to meet up jist give me a call, were at the shed allmost every night, within reason, so give me a call on 0404560000 or drop into casuarina INDEPENDENT MOTOR MART, my name is heath.[/img]