My, for some reason 1st GEM TF 5sp

This forum is here for NT members to organise meets and/or Cruises in their area..
SKITZ

My, for some reason 1st GEM TF 5sp

Post by SKITZ »

Well after finding out that heath wouldnt sell me one of his like million geminis, i finnal got my own, just a little project for now as i have a daily! Im actually in adelaide at the moment and have been since july, but coming home in december, and hopefully bringing the gemi back with! Picked it up for 400 buks, the lady said they couldnt get it running. Im quite mechanially minded so i thought yeah she'll be right ill get it going, exchanged money for keys, chucked it on a trailer n the mechanical s*#t started!

Replaced simple things like dizzy cap, rotor button, spark leads, plugs, points, put a carby kit though the carby, cleaned it all up with carby cleaner, drained all the fuel, as it had been sitting for awhile (stail feul). Had a small oil leak coming from rocker cover, so replaced the rocker gasket, no more leak! Now turned her over and started to backfire through the carby, like pretty bad, flames n s*#t every where. Went through everything i could think of, even went baught a gregorys manual!

After checking what i could think of, rang old mate HEATH, aka slydwyz! So after a small discussion on how cool i was and he wasnt! JOKES! He got to telling me the biznas end of things, he said just go back and check every thing! and more but i cant remember what he said now, but it helped either way, got off the phone checked some more things, and after all my messing around at some point i had leads 2 and 4 swapped around! I know, dickhead!

Bang, she fired! Just running rough, as i dont have a timming light down here, i just kept her running and slowly moved the dizzy body untill it run as good as i could hear! Shes a running rego'd gemi now baby! Oh its only green for now! matt black soon! :lol:

brap brap brapalishious rotor gem!
wasfishing
n00b

Post by wasfishing »

let me be the first to say rotor gem....

congrats 8)
Davidf_96
n00b

Post by Davidf_96 »

well done! adelaide is pretty good for picking up cheap gems... cept cops pick on u wen u have one a fair bit.
slydwayz
n00b

Post by slydwayz »

what a piece of..... great deal bro, is what i meant to say ! now you just need a set of 20inch rims painted mat black along with the car, about 5 foot lowering job by the looks of the photo, huge thumping stereo so we can here you coming from kathrine on your return from adelaide !

good to see you finaly in the gem club YO YO MA NIGGA !
SKITZ

ss

Post by SKITZ »

Cheers shane n heath! Yeah im actaully affraid of that, the whole adelaide cops thing! Fkn crap stories i hear, not like darwin! I once baught a magna for hundred bux and it wasnt rego'd looked dodgy as f*k and drove it every where, and never got pulled over, even afetr i hit a tree doing 90k's in the rear quater, all dented in, still no cops pulled us up! HA

Too right, have to lower it and paint those mags at the least! I may even keep it green instead of going matt black, not sure yet!
brap brap brapalishious rotor gem!