Not much action...

This forum is here for TAS members to organise meets and/or Cruises in their area..
1985tgslx
Regular

Not much action...

Post by 1985tgslx »

Well, I'm getting back into the world of Gemini's soon I hope. Thought I'd sus out what's been going on here. Apparently not much though. :lol:
So, who's who in Tassie?
Dagwood...you still around? I want my TG back biatch.
redtf
Chatterbox

Post by redtf »

tassies a slow place some nice gems getting around tho
R.I.P Sam taken too soon at just 18 forever in my heart and mind, I'll miss you mate.
dbart1961
Long Term Member

Post by dbart1961 »

Going to drive mine down from NSW in October. Maybe I will pass you
Regards, Dave
moley
Long Term Member

Post by moley »

mine lives in pieces
1985tgslx
Regular

Post by 1985tgslx »

Not wrong, redtf. Not seeing many Gems around Launceston. Bit of a shame.
dbart1961
Long Term Member

Post by dbart1961 »

So. How will I make sure my Gem will manage to do a 3000km road trip and not break down?
Also, what do you guys recommend I see in Tas?
Regards, Dave
redtf
Chatterbox

Post by redtf »

dbart1961 wrote:So. How will I make sure my Gem will manage to do a 3000km road trip and not break down?
I recommend staying indoors and turning ya heater on lol

As for things to see theres some caves at mole creek, the Great lake if ya feel like freezing your nuts off. The bay of fires has a nice beach again you'll probs freeze your nuts off at this time of year.

Theres MT ben lomond near launceston or MT wellington near hobart at least you'll expect it to be cold there.

take the ghost tour at port arthur it sure to be really cold down there.
Also keep a sharp eye out for the inbred six finger two headed tasmanian :lol:

Really dude all the above mentioned places are quiet nice at the right time of year but its pretty cold down atm.

I went camping with the missus the other weekend and it didnt get above 3 and was below -5 at night.
R.I.P Sam taken too soon at just 18 forever in my heart and mind, I'll miss you mate.
redtf
Chatterbox

Post by redtf »

1985tgslx wrote:Not wrong, redtf. Not seeing many Gems around Launceston. Bit of a shame.
I've seen a few the day i crashed my te I passed five average looking gems traveling together, also seen a neat looking te/tf painted supercheap blue.

Where abouts in launy are you I've been getting around a bit lately, ya might have seen me. red tf lowerd (kingspring not makita :lol: ) with jeelybean mags and p plates.
1985tgslx
Regular

Post by 1985tgslx »

I'm in Trevallyn / Riverside (on the border pretty much). I do see the odd grasnny-spec Gem here and there when I wander through the city.
Description of your Gem rings a bell. May have seen it in the city a while ago.
I've got a white series 3 R31, dumped a heap and white glare strip. You may have seen it literally bouncing around the place. :lol:
Noticed you're out Ringarooma way. What's it like out there? Looking at renting a place out that way if all goes well with this new bus driving job. Telstra be the only phone network that works out that way?
redtf
Chatterbox

Post by redtf »

1985tgslx wrote:I'm in Trevallyn / Riverside (on the border pretty much). I do see the odd grasnny-spec Gem here and there when I wander through the city.
Description of your Gem rings a bell. May have seen it in the city a while ago.
I've got a white series 3 R31, dumped a heap and white glare strip. You may have seen it literally bouncing around the place. :lol:
Noticed you're out Ringarooma way. What's it like out there? Looking at renting a place out that way if all goes well with this new bus driving job. Telstra be the only phone network that works out that way?
Sounds familiar, possibly seen near the cinemas or even on the blocky route :lol:

It's not bad out here very quiet and the locals can be pricks but its not too bad. yeah telstra is the only phone service that works here and even thats very unpredicdable.
dbart1961
Long Term Member

Post by dbart1961 »

redtf wrote:
dbart1961 wrote:So. How will I make sure my Gem will manage to do a 3000km road trip and not break down?
I recommend staying indoors and turning ya heater on lol

As for things to see theres some caves at mole creek, the Great lake if ya feel like freezing your nuts off. The bay of fires has a nice beach again you'll probs freeze your nuts off at this time of year.

Theres MT ben lomond near launceston or MT wellington near hobart at least you'll expect it to be cold there.

take the ghost tour at port arthur it sure to be really cold down there.
Also keep a sharp eye out for the inbred six finger two headed tasmanian :lol:

Really dude all the above mentioned places are quiet nice at the right time of year but its pretty cold down atm.

I went camping with the missus the other weekend and it didnt get above 3 and was below -5 at night.
Well, I intend coming down at the beginning of November so hopefully it will be warm enough. What's it like going across in the ferry?
I have mapped a route that takes us right around the island, about 1000km. Should get a pretty good look at everything I reckon.
Thanks for all the info.
Regards, Dave
1985tgslx
Regular

Post by 1985tgslx »

Redtf, you quite possibly have seen it near the cinema! I do get around a bit. :lol: Might look at moving up the West Tamar a bit. There's a cheap place at Deviot at the moment. Would be great to have a bit of room in preparation for a project Gem.
Where abouts did you take your lady camping? Wasn't up Myrtle Park? I've been there a couple of times. Not a bad spot.
Dbart1961, when you come to Tas you will be cold, as Redtf mentioned a couple of times. :D If you're in Launceston I'd recommend checking out Cataract Gorge and the Automotive Museum.
In Hobart, meh I hate Hobart, I'd be checking out Salamanca Markets (if you're into hippy sort of stuff.) Joes Garage is worth going to for a beer or 20 (it's a bar that's decked out with a HEAP of car bits and pieces.)
If you want a cool drive that actually takes you somewhere, head out west to Strahan. Very cool place. Very touristy though.
redtf
Chatterbox

Post by redtf »

actaully it as myrtle park :shock:
1985tgslx
Regular

Post by 1985tgslx »

I've been watching you. HAHA. Nah. Figured that'd be the only decent spot close to where you're at. Those fire pots with the swivel plate to cook on are great aren't they!?
initial_zolnazak

Post by initial_zolnazak »

I've got a red 83tg with a dent in the hood, and just got some 13x8 chrome jellybean mags put on for my 18th.
Just putting that one out there!
I'd be very keen to meet up with some local Gemini owners, especially the owner of the blue gem with jellybean mags.
Very, Very neat :D