"THA ROTOR COUPE"

This Forum is here for each member to post pics of his/her Gemini project cars. Keep it to one thread per car.. if you get more pics etc, add them to your existing thread, DO NOT start a new one
06EMY
Regular

Post by 06EMY »

Well it seems this is taking longer than first thought. Nothing has gone smoothly at all. Most parts that weren't suppose to be on a coupe, seem to require extensive modification to fit. But I'll work through it all slowly.

This is the bay as it sits right now.
I've done the oil cooler lines, oil filter relocation kit, hydraulic clutch line all in speedflow fittings. Alternator wiring runs to where it needs to be. Starter motor is wired.

I ran my -6 braided fuel line from the weber to the back of the car today. I got my fuel tank back also. I had it cleaned, the fuel sender for my gauge put in and the pick up modified. The original fuel pump was taken out and the steel line was replaced with a larger 10mm one.

I mounted my Sparco fuel filler a few weeks ago.

I've been fortunate enough to get my hands on these:
I purchased one on eBay quite some months ago, thinking that I would never find the other side. To my suprise, the other one popped up and I was straight onto it.

They are both NOS in perfect condition.

I had a play around with the Simmons last week. Just checking how bad the current offset is.
MY PRIDE AND JOY - "THA ROTOR COUPE"
06EMY
Regular

Post by 06EMY »

WELL PEOPLE, I'M BACK!!!!!

It's been a solid year since I've touched the coupe, due mainly to work. But I'm back and fired up to get this thing complete.

My main focus at the moment is get everything done so I can start this thing.

I've hooked up the Sparco fuel filler to the neck of the tank. I used some crazy heavy duty hose that has no flex in it at all. It was used because of the diameter that was required.
As you can see, there was a little bit of cutting needed to get access for the assembly of this. All of it will be welded back in though.

The fuel tank is all assembled. I've hooked up my Carter Gold fuel pump and ran the braided hose all the way to the engine bay. The speedflow and hose job was a solid 8 hour job. Aswell as red raw hands....

I spent today making up this plate to hold my tacho and speedo in the dash. This won't be seen when the dash is finished. The thing needs be glassed then trimmed.

Any comments or questions can be PMed to me. DO NOT post in this thread - forum rules.
06EMY
Regular

Post by 06EMY »