350 chev gemini coupe

This Forum is here for each member to post pics of his/her Gemini project cars. Keep it to one thread per car.. if you get more pics etc, add them to your existing thread, DO NOT start a new one
kartracer1841
Regular

Post by kartracer1841 »

UPDATE

i have done abit but nothing really worth updating about until not. i have finished welding the blocks in for my flat floor. i have aslos welded the tabs on for the brake lines. the last thing i have done is welded a centre brace for the car so i can mount my harrness belts on to it. the motor is getting machined up i got the heads back this week so once the bottom end is machined i can start putting it together. i dont plan on doing much over christmas as i am going away but i do have some more parts coming from the states so over the week off i have after christmas i plan on getting abit done.

here is some pictures

ImageShack Album - 22 images
kartracer1841
Regular

Post by kartracer1841 »

update time. i havent really done much as i am waiting on alot of parts from the states but i have stripped my sump and the nos bottle ready to get painted. i have also stripped the diff down and put new bearings pinion shaft and put that back in but i am waiting on the bearings for my diff centre and a pinion seal. once i have that i can put the centre in a put the diff hat back on and get my axles made up to suit. also i have a picture of the rear suppport for the shockers and it will also make fitting my boot set up easier. i also cleaned the oil galley and the water ports with a die grinder on both of my heads up so they can get sent any and rebuilt very soon.

here are some pictures

ImageShack Album - 5 images
Turbocoupe75
Long Term Member

Post by Turbocoupe75 »

Why do you need a rear support for the shockers?

-PS you welded it in crooked

Also I noticed that your going to mount your harness to the bar running across the floor, is that for the shoulder straps or the lap belts ?
#Turbocoupe75
kartracer1841
Regular

Post by kartracer1841 »

Turbocoupe75 wrote:Why do you need a rear support for the shockers?

-PS you welded it in crooked

Also I noticed that your going to mount your harness to the bar running across the floor, is that for the shoulder straps or the lap belts ?
i know it is in crooked i was drunk, lesson to be learned dont weld drunk hahaha. the bar accross the top shocker will also be used to mount the rear floor in the boot .the bar across the floor is the strenghen the centre on the car and to mount the lap belts the shoulder straps will be mounts on the rear shelf thanks
Turbocoupe75
Long Term Member

Post by Turbocoupe75 »

LOL perhaps an AA meeting and some welding lessons would help!

With ya welds try a few less amps and more wire speed.
#Turbocoupe75
kartracer1841
Regular

Post by kartracer1841 »

Turbocoupe75 wrote:LOL perhaps an AA meeting and some welding lessons would help!

With ya welds try a few less amps and more wire speed.
ok thanks i will try that. i am far from a pro welder but they are strong they just look like crap i am learing with each weld i do. the motor is soild mounted so i will be putting a piece of square at the front of the car just behind the radiator would it be worth it or just leave it as it.
kartracer1841
Regular

Post by kartracer1841 »

once i have finished putting in all of the flooring i will put pictures up of it. i have the stuff sitting here so i should only be a few weeks before most of it goes in. the motor is also getting machined up now once i get it back i am going to start to screw it together thanks
kartracer1841
Regular

Post by kartracer1841 »

i have been bust away working atm. i have done some stuff to it. here is a update with pictues. i have started to do te inside of the car with checked plate i am doing all the boot and the door trims and all that. i have mounted the gearbox and blocked off the speedo hole using a welsh plug. the work has started on my motor i am building it from the ground up. i had too speedflow fitting tapped into to the top of my mainfold o they can run to te radiator as i am not running a normal top hose. it is all money atm i need more hahahaha. the next step is to finish of the interior then build the motor so it is getting there just very slowy. i am only 19 so i havent done much o this stuff before so i am learing as i go.

here are the pictures i hope you guys enjoy the pictures

ImageShack Album - 8 images
kartracer1841
Regular

Post by kartracer1841 »

i got a 9 inch diff and a 31 spline full spool coming for it just need to order a ladder bar kit from melbourne. but my main foculs atm is the motor. i got so many picutres of what is have done but cant upload them to my computer atm.
GEMWRC
Long Term Member

Post by GEMWRC »

you have destroyed this coupe. some people (inc me) should not be allowed to weld.
kartracer1841
Regular

Post by kartracer1841 »

GEMWRC wrote:you have destroyed this coupe. some people (inc me) should not be allowed to weld.
mate it is only a gemini get over it. the coupe was written off so this is all it was good for or being scrapped
kartracer1841
Regular

Post by kartracer1841 »

:D
kartracer1841
Regular

Re: 350 chev gemini coupe motor is all go go go yay.

Post by kartracer1841 »

bit of a change up with the car. now has a 9 inch. 620hp full maunal trans. will get photos up of what has been done. havnt really had much time for forums anymore.