350 chev gemini coupe

This Forum is here for each member to post pics of his/her Gemini project cars. Keep it to one thread per car.. if you get more pics etc, add them to your existing thread, DO NOT start a new one
kartracer1841
Regular

350 chev gemini coupe

Post by kartracer1841 »

as this will be my last gemini i want to do everything i want to do to a gemini here is a list
tg dash conversion (done)
front and rear end conversion (done)
hidden wirring (done)
rust free :D (done)
front lip
rear boot spoiler
custom interior (done)
vt front brakes and custom master cylinder (done )
roll cage
i will mark off when i have done each one.

please keep you negative comments to yourself guys
Last edited by kartracer1841 on Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:34 am, edited 27 times in total.
kartracer1841
Regular

Post by kartracer1841 »

Today I just stripped it down to nothing only has doors and the front guards on it now. I went rust hunting and I only found a little bit in the drivers side floor plan like the size of a 1c piece. Tomorrow i will start to do the rear conversion and if i have time start welding some of the holes up in the engine bay that are not needed. Then I need to find a good tg Gemini radiator support panel.
Here are some pictures of what I got up to today.
kartracer1841
Regular

Post by kartracer1841 »

here are some of the pictures of what i did today i still have to grind down all of the welds and bog them to get them smooth Today I started to do the rear end conversion it is all cut off and the new one is tacked welded on there. I also started to weld up some of the holes in the bay I only have two left to do I have only welded them I have not grinded the welds down yet. I also found out that the paint for car you can just buy it in a can so when the rear end is on and bogged up I will spray some on the rear end to see what it looks likes. Has anyone put early bumpers on a late model car I am just wondering what it would look like.

here is the link

http://img253.imageshack.us/g/2702102126.jpg/

i dont have a phone for a while so i cant put pictures up for a while but i will still update it. the radiator support panel is off now just waiting on a new one
Gromet
Chatterbox

Post by Gromet »

It looks like a good little project, what color are you thinking of? It will be interesting to watch...

keep the s*#t talk out of my thread and ill keep it out of your, deal?
kartracer1841
Regular

Post by kartracer1841 »

Gromet wrote:It looks like a good little project, what color are you thinking of? It will be interesting to watch...

keep the s*#t talk out of my thread and ill keep it out of your, deal?
ok deal i was thinking a pearl white with a black engine bay i dont no yet i am a long way off of painting it so i am sure i will change my mind. should have the rear end cut off and the new one welded on tomorrow i hope
kartracer1841
Regular

Post by kartracer1841 »

i am going to go for a look like this car but with a tg dash and maybe a front lip

http://cartown.jp/new_detail.php?pcode= ... rby=&fsw=3
vinesy92
Regular

Post by vinesy92 »

Nice.

TE round headlight front will look good.

Not many around, and in my opinion looks better then late model coupes.

Goodluck kart
djbrooksy
Regular

Post by djbrooksy »

can i ask what the big holes in your inner guards are for
you have ya earth lead on one a :?: :?: :?:
http://www.miniriders.com.au/index.php?referrerid=13836

click this link guy join the forum so i can win a ipod
BLK-TDPANO
Regular

Post by BLK-TDPANO »

should of just brought my coupe. was just asking for a rear end convo..
kartracer1841
Regular

Post by kartracer1841 »

djbrooksy wrote:can i ask what the big holes in your inner guards are for
you have ya earth lead on one a :?: :?: :?:
http://img87.imageshack.us/i/2702102128.jpg/ in this picture those holes. it had a turbo motor in it before i brought it there are welded up now. there is one on the other side too for the cooler pipes
kartracer1841
Regular

Post by kartracer1841 »

matt_parish wrote:should of just brought my coupe. was just asking for a rear end convo..
yer i was thinking about it but you were in Melbourne and this coupe has only a little bit of rust in it on the front floor
kartracer1841
Regular

Post by kartracer1841 »

half time update i was rubbed back and painted (primmer) the rest of the bay and welded in a new drivers side front floor. now i am going to rub back and paint under the front guards both sides i hope. as i cant find a good condition from radiator support panel i will just get it ready for it to go on when i find one. i am also hopping the rear end will be on the car today too i am half way through it now . cheers
Boosted26L
Regular

Post by Boosted26L »

do you not realise it already has a TG radiator support?
Previously Known as rust3
GEMWRC
Long Term Member

Post by GEMWRC »

Ooo your lucky Boosted26L told you that.... I was being Cruel seeing if anyone would notice and tell you ... :twisted:
kartracer1841
Regular

Post by kartracer1841 »

yer but the bottom bit is still a coupe radiator support so i will change it so it is all the same