Gromets project

This Forum is here for each member to post pics of his/her Gemini project cars. Keep it to one thread per car.. if you get more pics etc, add them to your existing thread, DO NOT start a new one
Gromet
Chatterbox

Gromets project

Post by Gromet »

I got my TC gemini off a mate at work.
Its got a bit of rust in it but the body is straight and all the bits that cost alot or are hard to find at there : )

the worst of the rust is in the drivers side door, so I got another door and welded a new plate in it.
I got some new Rims and a front lip to try and complement the stupid side skirts, I guess its good to have something different to separate mine from all the other 17inch wheel leb gems around these days...
Im polishing up the rims and still getting rid of the rust. I'm getting a mate to come around and weld up holes and replace rusted spots with new plates as I go.
Gromet
Chatterbox

Post by Gromet »

today I finished off the back its ready to sand back for the paint.
Gromet
Chatterbox

Post by Gromet »

Looked at some rims today. I will and up painting the centers black/dark grey, with the chrome lip please post your thoughts here >>> http://www.ozgemini.com/forums/non-tech ... 1&start=45
Gromet
Chatterbox

Post by Gromet »

sanded the boot lid back to almost bear. and gave it a coat of 2pac quality primer, from dads work (used for there PPG paint) here is a pic before its painted.
and here are all the bits Ive been getting for it as I go. up swept exhaust, left hand mirror as there harder to get (right is in the post somewhere) and a diseptacon badge for LOLZ!!!

Again any comments or tips go to http://www.ozgemini.com/forums/non-tech ... highlight=
Gromet
Chatterbox

Post by Gromet »

I didn't get to do alot this weekend, The girlfriend was up for a few days and she doesn't like me working on it while shes there. she thinks its more important to me then she is, I haven't had the hart to tell her the truth yet baha!!!
The boot is all prepped for paint now, did a guide coat and sanded it with 800grit It looks really good and straight.
and I got a start on the other door to. just had a bit of surface rust in the corners, so its bogged up. I'm getting More 2pack spray putty through the week so I had to just seal it with acrylic :cry:
http://www.ozgemini.com/forums/non-tech ... 1&start=45
Gromet
Chatterbox

Post by Gromet »

Went and spent $96 on 1ltr primmer/filler, hardener and thinners like a dick at autobarn today :?
Gromet
Chatterbox

Post by Gromet »

Don't have any Pics for yas today, But That door in the other picture is under coated and the boot is done, Basically the Rear half will be done by next weekend, Im picking up my wheels this week, I have it sitting on gold 17s atm... It looks like a cartoon haha
Gromet
Chatterbox

Post by Gromet »

Got a bit done yesterday, The 1 front door is ready for there first guide coat and the other is ready for its last guide coat. The boot is ready for the last guide coat, I also fixed the passenger sill. and I got a mat from work I was gonna clean and cut it to fit my boot when I do the install, Oh oh and here are the wheels to : ) Thoughts?
http://www.ozgemini.com/forums/non-tech ... 1&start=60

Gromet
Chatterbox

Post by Gromet »

got the bonnet done. there's a few gashes still in it that will need knifing putty after I guide coat it and sand it...

Got a lil bit side tracked this weekend, thought I might pint a pocket bike...
ImageImage

bahahahaha :lol:
Gromet
Chatterbox

Post by Gromet »

today I got a bit done, Im on holidays for a week so I thought today I might get stuck in... I striped the front down and started sanding :lol:
Gromet
Chatterbox

Post by Gromet »

As you can see by the pics ive realy pulled my finger out again on this. with hopes to get it ready for power cruise. I have the fuel flap at my dads work getting color matched so i can get 4 litres of the orange. I gotta get the paint before I can put the doors back on... other then that Im about 3 days of solid work away from Guide coating, blocking, re primer filling... THEN ITS PAINT TIME!!!!!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Gromet
Chatterbox

Post by Gromet »

Im stripping all the orange off because it is very thick and looks to have water bubble type circles in the paint... So it is all coming off even if its still got orange in the pics when sanded...
vvv Please post your feedback here vvv
Gromet
Chatterbox

Re: Gromets project

Post by Gromet »

Haha this looks like one of these projects that never gets finished. lol
Gromet
Chatterbox

Re: Gromets project

Post by Gromet »

BUT SHES PAINTED WOOOP :D :D :D