Carb jet information required.

This Forums is here for off topic discussion.. Please keep it partially relevant to the site.. we don’t really need to know what u had for breakfast..
KeithS
n00b

Carb jet information required.

Post by KeithS »

Hello all.

I am unable to post in the tech section, so I'll just post a lead here and hope for the best.

Just wondering if anyone here has some information on the jetting for a carb?

I'll add a little bit more here. I do not have a Gemini, but an Isuzu Trooper, 1983, with a G-200 lump in it. The carb is a twin barrel affair, you are all probably pretty familiar with it, I am guessing. Recently, to pass some emissions test, some fellow in a work ship fiddled around with the jetting, because he had an emissions test rig. The jets he changed were not the main jets, but the ones on the top of the body, just inside the intake (round about where that idle solenoid is, you know). He replaced one that was a blind jet with one that is open, presumably to weaken the mixture. But he lost the original blind jet he took out. The problem, the mixture , despite passing the test, is FAR too weak for normal use, and the plugs overheat after 15 minutes driving, which means I have to pull over and switch off until the engine cools again (actually, it cuts out itself, as you would expect, when they get too hot).

Now, does anyone know, or has a diagram of, ALL the jet sizes for this carb? If you think you might have, but need more information, I can post a picture of the carb.

Thanks!
KeithS
n00b

Re: Carb jet information required.

Post by KeithS »

Ah, yeah. Forgot to update this. I fixed the darn thing my own self. Alternately stuck the end of a toothpick in each of the suspect open jets, effectively blinding them in turn, until it was running reasonably well, left the end of the toothpick wedged in that one, then fine tuned the main jets and airscrew until it was running perfectly. Nice brick red plugs now, no more flaky, sandy cream deposit or cutting out.

All good. Disregard first post request. TY.
Jonno
Korean Jesus

Re: Carb jet information required.

Post by Jonno »

Nice fix! Lol
75 TX Coupe
GemiNats > https://www.facebook.com/GeminiNationals
#TurboFamily #Geminats #Bucketship
YT: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPKSHb ... akJ04sOYjw