What was your First Car?

This Forums is here for off topic discussion.. Please keep it partially relevant to the site.. we don’t really need to know what u had for breakfast..
GEMWRC
Long Term Member

Post by GEMWRC »

TE Gemini PanelVan , had roundheadlight grille and a 1.6L 4 speed .. I broke the grille before i even had my licence . It was 1995 , i was 17 and id sneak the gem out when my olds weren't home, had this huge steep driveway and that wwent through a carport and into a shed , ripped it off reversing in when i was a kid , then i threw it out thinking it was the s*#t front end , i then bought a new TG grille. The Van ended up wth a G200Z twin 40's , dragways , custom rear for sleeping in :wink: ..
dbart1961
Long Term Member

Post by dbart1961 »

My first car was a 1974 model GSR Subaru. That was in 1979. Fuk I must be old :cry:
Have tried searching for a pic of one for years and can't seem to find one. This thing had a 1.4L boxter engine with twin carbs and small cam. It could do a 100mph and the engine rattled like s*#t. Sounded like the bottom end was stuffed. It was very modern for it's era. Tacho, roof console, even a light to tell you the washer bottle was empty!
I beleive it was the beginning of the WRX's.
Regards, Dave
ratrod66
Regular

Post by ratrod66 »

GEMWRC wrote:TE Gemini PanelVan , had roundheadlight grille and a 1.6L 4 speed .. I broke the grille before i even had my licence . It was 1995 , i was 17 and id sneak the gem out when my olds weren't home, had this huge steep driveway and that wwent through a carport and into a shed , ripped it off reversing in when i was a kid , then i threw it out thinking it was the s*#t front end , i then bought a new TG grille. The Van ended up wth a G200Z twin 40's , dragways , custom rear for sleeping in :wink: ..

yeah, my te sedan had the round headlights and grille, swaped them for a tf or tg lights and grille, only becouse i ran into the back of a car in wollongong who had no breaklights working.
ratrod66
Regular

Post by ratrod66 »

here's two pics that i found of my fist car, 81 Te gemini, number plates where LMQ 191 i think, or was LMQ 194

if anyone knows where this gem is now would like to know. i sold it to a guy out east corrimal in 2001 or so.

[/img]Image
gemsince88
Regular

Post by gemsince88 »

TX sedan rust bucket! Inherited from my stepfather. He bought it second hand mint and completely stuffed it in 7 years.
LOW081

Post by LOW081 »

hq 2 door 350 monaro. silver with orange stripes. given to me by my dad. had it for 12 mths. sold it to some guys out west who killed themselves a week later when they lost control at high speed and took out some trees. that was in 1982 i think. sold it for next to nothing. kicking myself ever since as it was a mint coupe.

cheers terry
Be-Hating

Post by Be-Hating »

I had a vk berlina, injected black 202. Then sold it and bought a hk kingswood. Now im selling the hk to buy a gemini. :D
Bundy1983
n00b

First Car

Post by Bundy1983 »

Fireball red TC sedan owned by my mate's grandad who was a big man so it was almost like it had bucket seats lol. Still own it now was restoring her but it just got hit by the neighbours territory but that's a different story
If it ain't REAR WHEEL DRIVE,
it ain't a REAL GEMINI!!!
Why_gemini
Regular

Post by Why_gemini »

1980 TE Gemini Wagon, loved her so much but sadly wrote her off due to the guy running a red light :(
Kytabu

Post by Kytabu »

My first car was and still is a ZZ/Z. My grandparents bought it brand new in 1983 and handed it down to me at the start of last year. The only major problem is that my nan dinged the left rear door against a pole in a car park.

Such a good car to drive, I'm gonna get her fixed up after my HSC :).
tobytj
Long Term Member

Post by tobytj »

1953 Humber Super Snipe, 4 iltre engine, 4 speed on the tree, 8 miles to the gallon.

This car was one of 10 super snipe limo's imported to support the 1954 tour of Queen Elizabeth 2. Liz would have got them in the country tariff free and sold for a profit I reackon. Ended up with this drinking mate of the old mans who left this cattle dog in it while he was in the pub. The dog chewed up the red leather seats.

Anyhow it ended up as my first car. You never had to worry about a flat battery becase it came with a crank handle - one good yank and that big long stroke 6 would purr straight into an idle. The front bonnet took up half the length of the car, good for 160 kph and it weighed 2 tonne plus.
Anthony_Gemini
Regular

Post by Anthony_Gemini »

1980 red TE Wagon, 5 speed stock everything, 3rd owner after two old lady's , came complete with 360,000 odd kms and rust in the rear beaver panel and spare wheel well for $1100 IIRC , nice slow original car to learn to drive in , my dad talked me into this particular wagon over a modified wagon I had liked , I guess he prefered me to have no power for my first car , I ended up doing a backyard black paint job and putting a g200 & weber in with centreline rims , ended up buying a sedan and losing interest in the wagon.. So sold it for under a grand