Gemini LSD (coxy's lsd) INFO

This Forums is here for off topic discussion.. Please keep it partially relevant to the site.. we don’t really need to know what u had for breakfast..
MGOTD
Regular

Gemini LSD (coxy's lsd) INFO

Post by MGOTD »

Ok so here is the info in one place rather than going through pages of stuff looking for it

What you get:
4 pinion cone (clutch) type LSD center and Chromoly 28 spline Axles with bearings, covers and in any stud pattern you want

bolts straight into Small Salisbury diffs

Rebuild kits for the LSD centers are readily available

Costs:
LSD+Axels =$2050
LSD=$1250
Axels=$1050

So to get the ball rolling just need 10-15 interested people and if those interested could pm me:
Name
Address
Contact number and or email

I will forward all the info onto Darren at altra9 and then they will be in contact with you about how to make a deposit and about shipping etc

Kind Regards
Matt
Last edited by MGOTD on Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.
MGOTD
Regular

Post by MGOTD »

and if this could be made a sticky and put in the appropriate place and if possible put on the home page that would be greatly appreciated

Cheers
Matt
Jonno
Korean Jesus

Post by Jonno »

So from reading it's a send me money I send you back something for a diff shop to install arrangement?
Will his lsds fit any gemini diff? I would assume you would put that on the order form.
E.g. 1x 75 TX Coupe diff or 1x 79 TD wagon Diff.
I'm not super keen on the whole will fit a gemini diff Idea.
I've had issues before with people claiming things will fit and having to shave or modify them to suit my car.
I would assume he has put enough D & R into the diff to not have it wrong?
What time frame are we looking at?
No offence (and def not trying to create a arguement) but I wasn't real impressed on seeing a result
almost a year later, and I'm definitely not keen on waiting a year for it to arrive.

As far as I can see it hasn't been tested, when are we going to see some testing?

Or are these questions more call him and find out?

Cheers,
75 TX Coupe
GemiNats > https://www.facebook.com/GeminiNationals
#TurboFamily #Geminats #Bucketship
YT: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPKSHb ... akJ04sOYjw
MGOTD
Regular

Post by MGOTD »

well you could install it yourself i have pulled out a gemini diff center before and put it back in with the car on jack stands so easily doable at home

they only fit the small salisbury NOT the borgwarner diffs

coxy has his one fitted into a small salisbury sitting on the bench at his work shop so yes they definantly do fit

not sure on time frame the only reason the prototype took so long was that the fella was doing it in his spare time it was a side project that didn't get a high priority as it was all done with no money going his way. But he said once he had enough interested people it wouldn't take long to make them.

As for the testing coxy is hoping to fit the diff to his green car this weekend so should see some test vids etc in the next couple of weeks.

Cheers
Gorgonzola
Regular

Post by Gorgonzola »

will this be a one off? meaning if you dont buy one now hes not gunna make any more?
Previously Known As notorious.

Join It -->
https://www.facebook.com/groups/EliteGemini/
Kings.

Lover of Moose.
MGOTD
Regular

Post by MGOTD »

not 100% sure but from how i understand it they need atleast 10-15 people to start manufacturing them which i understood as they would be available for purchase individually once that number is reached......
so if i can get that many and tell him that there is also X number of people who are interested but don't have the funds available at the moment then i am sure they will make extras.

will ring him tommorow and ask

Cheers
Last edited by MGOTD on Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gorgonzola
Regular

Post by Gorgonzola »

MGOTD wrote:not 100% sure but from how i understand it they need atleast 10-15 people to start manufacturing them, so if i can get that many and tell him that there is also X number of people who are interested but don't have the funds available at the moment then i am sure they will make extras.

will ring him tommorow and ask

Cheers
thanks mate, keen to see vids of the action.

Join It -->
Kings.

Lover of Moose.
MGOTD
Regular

Post by MGOTD »

no worries....haha i can't wait either will get some 1080p vids when coxy is ready to test it out
redzone (coxy)
Long Term Member

Post by redzone (coxy) »

dyno on the 22nd, jambo that weekend after..

this has taken a while yes, but at least it has happened. of course it fits lol he has had a gem small salisbury at his she the whole time, and the 2nd prototype hemisphere is now inside it! i'll put up some pics of the first prototype later tonight, and the axles, which are freakin huge!
GARAGE REDZONE sunshine coast ph 07 54433507

1975 TX coupe 4ZD1 efi turbo 10.787 @ 123/128
1977 TC Fashion Pack sedan draw through turbo
1984 TG PF60E dohc Group A racecar
1984 TG Panelvan
2006 Crewman SS 6.0
Gorgonzola
Regular

Post by Gorgonzola »

just to clarify, which models have the salisbury?

Join It -->
Kings.

Lover of Moose.
MGOTD
Regular

Post by MGOTD »

TC-TG IIRC
su59em
Regular

Post by su59em »

MGOTD wrote:TC-TG IIRC
sorry to correct... but TD-TG have them... TX and TC both still use borgwarners.

As for the centres and axels im very keen for some pics as im pretty interested... as im about to take the diff route in my car and unsure weather to do shortend down commodore borgwarner or keep my gem diff?.

Will be keeping an eye on this thread :)
ajs991
Long Term Member

Post by ajs991 »

Question. Whys he need 10 to 15 people now, then available singularly after? Surely if he can do them singularly then, he can now? Hes already done the hard part of getting the first one right afterall.
Encyclopedia Ronnie
Long Term Member

Post by Encyclopedia Ronnie »

ajs991 wrote:Question. Whys he need 10 to 15 people now, then available singularly after? Surely if he can do them singularly then, he can now? Hes already done the hard part of getting the first one right afterall.

easy he gets 10 to 15 he makes decent cash on them he makes em 1 at atime he makes okay cash, they take more than 10 mins 2 whip up if u know what i mean
Yes, i do still own my coupe, Yes it is still registered and running and ATM driven daily.

oh and NO its not painted yet
MGOTD
Regular

Post by MGOTD »

as i said i'm not 100% sure if they will be available singularly after the initial 15 will call tommorow and find out but i would say mass producing the centers would be more cost effective than only making 1 or 2 every now and then so if they know that there is good interest in them (10-15+ people) they will do a big run.