Scammer from South Australia..............Brenton James Wood

This Forums is here for off topic discussion.. Please keep it partially relevant to the site.. we don’t really need to know what u had for breakfast..
ghemini
Regular

Re: Scammer from South Australia Named and Shamed.......ha h

Post by ghemini »

Anthony_Gemini wrote: only difference with him ( if he is a black belt, because not all instructors are) he can be given a harsher charge ( assault with a weapon etc )
Lol, the rubbish people talk on here. Being proficient in fighting/martial arts is not a "weapon". you cannot be penalised for having a skill. What is important, is the level of appropriate force you use when defending yourself.

A 27y yo boxer recently went to jail for 8+ years for repeatedly punching and killing a 46 yo guy in a pub. The sentence was given NOT because he was a boxer, but because he delivered about 25 punches that were unnecessary, then head stomped him when he was down. His actions were grossly excessive.

Also, if someone punches you, and you retaliate with a single punch, and it knocks them out, and they fall, split their skull and die, that is reasonable force. Yup. But if you floor someone, then kick them when they are down, and they survive with serious injuries, then you will be trouble . See the difference? Intent is 9/10th of the law.

The law allows self defence. In a fight situation you cannot be Robocop and place hits carefully to inflict minimum damage, you have to punch wherever is available. Just do the minimum that is required to disable your attacker, that is the key. If you continue to attack beyond that point, you have malicious intent. If that is proven, you can be jailed.
LOK15
Gemini Master

Post by LOK15 »

yes , but your missing my point. Any martial arts , or training to fight/attack is supposed to be only used as a defensive measure only , unless you are in an event ( boxing ring , dojo etc ). That is why most of them are called self defence , they only teach counter attack , not straight out attack. Only boxing and Maui-tai and related are attack specific , with defence , there is no counter attack , only blocking and attacking.
Getting too old for this s*#t!!
ghemini
Regular

Post by ghemini »

LOK15 wrote:yes , but your missing my point. Any martial arts , or training to fight/attack is supposed to be only used as a defensive measure only , unless you are in an event ( boxing ring , dojo etc ). That is why most of them are called self defence
Are you responding to my comment LOK? If so, I dont believe I missed your point at all. Did you get my point though?

I guess you meant that the skills learned are only to be used to protect yourself in self defence, as opposed to going around and picking fights? I would have thought thats how any decent human would behave irrespective of whether they are trained to fight or not?

How do you figure only Only boxing and Maui-tai are attack styles? Ever heard of Kung Fu? Karate? Perhaps defensive is what these homogenised and diluted family friendly styles that are being sold to kids and women these days are, but thats not real fighting. Go and train under a Chinese master (not some 20 something white boy) and you'll see what a real martial art is. You study to attack, and win the fight, not prance about in a ring or dojo. IT's closer to street fighting - no rules, whatever it takes - eye gouge, head kick, etc. You are not trained to wait for the first punch - that's a big no no.

Instructors just like to press upon their students to behave responsibly as some of their students may potentially be bullies. But whether you are 90 pound weakling, a 200 pound footballer, or Grand Wizard Master Poobah of the Iron Neck Crane at the Nudie Bar style, the key word is reasonable force in retaliation. The police have to abide by this as well. But there is no secret code of "use the force wisely Lok...err I mean Luke" embedded in our laws.

Just going back tot he previous page though, this comment
LOK15 wrote: Then legally , he cannot do anything physically to him , unless he is stuck first , then he can only defend/attack with same or equal force.
Dont bet on it. Have you checked the SA Criminal Code? IF you havent, you cant be sure. Now, If he was in Qld, Sections 267 - 272 of the Criminal Code would allow him to attack someone trying to enter his home against his wishes, or repeatedly insulting him, even if no one has even touched him. Those are just two examples.

Don't go assuming things based on your own moral views.
DrewZa86
Regular

Post by DrewZa86 »

ghemini wrote:
How do you figure only Only boxing and Maui-tai are attack styles? Ever heard of Kung Fu? Karate? Perhaps defensive is what these homogenised and diluted family friendly styles that are being sold to kids and women these days are, but thats not real fighting.
AMEN! Day care centre's hidden under teh guise of self defence and martial arts.
danman wrote:Seriously! A field of rape...
Jonno wrote:No gemini is a good investment
LOK15
Gemini Master

Post by LOK15 »

I guess you meant that the skills learned are only to be used to protect yourself in self defence, as opposed to going around and picking fights?

Yes , exactly my point. If you have training to fight , and you pick a fight , you get in far more trouble than average joe who hasnt been "trained". I know this from a court case i was involved in many moons ago where i managed to get in a fight with a boxer , needless to say i lost , but in court it was found he was high on drugs at the time and anything i did to him wouldnt have been felt! after my case was heard , he was charged seperate to assault ( the ambo's were a few cars behind me when the altercation took place , so cops were called ) with possession and use , trespass and evading/resisting arrest.
LOK15
Gemini Master

Post by LOK15 »

And AFAIK boxing isnt taught as a defence , its block and attack.
ghemini
Regular

Post by ghemini »

LOK15 wrote: Yes , exactly my point. If you have training to fight , and you pick a fight , you get in far more trouble than average joe who hasnt been "trained". I know this from a court case i was involved in many moons ago where i managed to get in a fight with a boxer , needless to say i lost , but in court it was found he was high on drugs at the time and anything i did to him wouldnt have been felt! after my case was heard , he was charged seperate to assault ( the ambo's were a few cars behind me when the altercation took place , so cops were called ) with possession and use , trespass and evading/resisting arrest.
What you say is true tho still slightly misleading (and you didnt explain how your court case was relevant). Its not by virtue of having the training that gets you a greater penalty. It still comes back to excessive or unfair use of force. May be this will make it clearer.

If you start a fight without provocation, you can expect a more severe sentence for that alone. (trained fighter or not)
If you have an unfair advantage to inflict damage on an opponent (fighting skills, strength, size, block of wood, knife, etc) and you use that advantage excessively, you can expect a more severe sentence. (trained fighter or not)

Getting back to our maggot SA friend here, just be aware he may legally be allowed to clock you first if you threaten him and front him on his home turf.
SLIMER
Regular

Post by SLIMER »

ghemini wrote: Getting back to our maggot SA friend here, just be aware he may legally be allowed to clock you first if you threaten him and front him on his home turf.
yeh no fight was started on my part (he was pretty close to starting something at one point...when he figured out I was fully onto him and his ways) but yeh, so many other people have come forward about him (most have been females who have been in some sort of relationship with him). One lady by the sounds of it has said he had him molest a kid at some point....dude if I knew that back when I was onto his ways it would have went down a WHOLE different way.....im all for the death penalty for pedo's
Im all in for the B.A.C.A rules mate.

Even his own kid has been talking to me about his crap.....i wont go into detail as thats got nothing to do with me (just gives me an insight on his personality which is NOT GOOD.
SLIMER
Regular

Post by SLIMER »

Ha suck s*#t to the f#*ker.......lol

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100006013065394
TD_stripes
Regular

Post by TD_stripes »

Haha nice one
SLIMER
Regular

Post by SLIMER »

Ha ha ha...more of this story to come.....watch this space.....
SLIMER
Regular

Post by SLIMER »

ha ha ha ha :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

im guessing the dumb ass thinks by posting this people will believe him and not me when they are reading about him scamming me....ha ha ha...

http://www.reverseau.com/0421-646-875.html

...give ya a tip in life buddy....learn how to spell and people might think you have your head screwed on properly....ha ha ha ha ha...

What a dumb ass...lol
SLIMER
Regular

Post by SLIMER »

this one lady has the s*)ts with him and wont give up

http://www.reverseaustralia.com/lookup/0403212327/

so he made a page for her too...lol...

http://www.reverseaustralia.com/lookup/0424366312/
DrewZa86
Regular

Post by DrewZa86 »

Wow, its takes a special breed of dumb c*nt to spell ISIS wrong...

LOL @ Gang affiliated claim.
danman wrote:Seriously! A field of rape...
Jonno wrote:No gemini is a good investment
SLIMER
Regular

Post by SLIMER »

yeh ha ha ha

ha ha ha, he claims I have stolen cars at my mums house too...ha ha ha ha..yeh I got like 40 stolen cars at my mum retirement home ha ha ha...... he just put his foot in in.... I would put money on it that HE is actually keeping stolen cars at his own mother house. He often makes claims about other people and uses his situations as the reason etc.......lol..doesn't take a shrink to figure that out....hmmm..

might have to inform other people that are after him about that comment.

the dude keeps digging his own hole...just keeps getting deeper and deeper