Hello from Brisbane Southside

This Forums is here for off topic discussion.. Please keep it partially relevant to the site.. we don’t really need to know what u had for breakfast..
LOK15
Gemini Master

Re: Hello from Brisbane Southside

Post by LOK15 »

Get some rare spares panels , and make sure you clean the welds after and paint them with a durable paint or underbody spray
Getting too old for this s*#t!!
ghemini
Regular

Post by ghemini »

cwtiger wrote: I was working out weather to get a floor pan from the wreckers and weld it in or to get a sheet of metal from Bunnings shape and weld it in. With the boot I was looking at fibreglass repair kit to fix it..
Cmon, fiberglass? Weld it and do it properly. Get on old bonnet and cut the sheet from that - cheap $$$.
Sent me an unsolicited PM? Look at your fkg Outbox. Wakey wakey
Tcar7
Regular

Post by Tcar7 »

my wagon floor has had an incomplete repair, I will need to clean it up and check welds/seams + may weld in replacement dead pedal
here is where the water comes in
rear floor is saveable just in time
boot floor needs weld in replacement was fibreglassed LOL
never seen rust up here before
saveable was F'glass resined
ditto
neeeds battery tray resto
more work than I hoped but saveable and result should be worth it if done well, will likely weld in steel half cage and Club permit register
cwtiger

Post by cwtiger »

I had and have no intentions of fibreglassing the floor. I was and will only plate it. I was talking about the hole in the boot I was going to fibreglass. This will give my son the experience of welding as I said fibreglass as I said and then any tiny holes bogging. Why would I fibreglass the floor it has no strength to it and I wouldn't ever do it on a floor.
moley
Long Term Member

Post by moley »

I'd recommend the rare spares panels, I made a roll pan for my coupe from scratch and made all the other Panels after trying to buy second hand and they were just as bad as what was on the car. Just grind all the rust off weld New panels in, spray it all with rust converter, etch prime it and hit it with c guard out of a Shultz gun no one will see if your welds are bird s*#t because it builds 3mm thick rippled finish. I have just finished doing my interior after stripping all the original deadner and rust il update my build thread
Coupe rebuild number 6..
viewtopic.php?t=44564
LOK15
Gemini Master

Post by LOK15 »

updates?
Getting too old for this s*#t!!
ghemini
Regular

Post by ghemini »

If this car had "Sherrif", "Sherriff", or "Sheriff" written on it, it would be a goer.