Wasp and Stout

This Forums is here for off topic discussion.. Please keep it partially relevant to the site.. we don’t really need to know what u had for breakfast..
OldTD

Wasp and Stout

Post by OldTD »

Hello,

I have been chasing info about a Dizzy, tried to join a Twin Cam forum with no luck. Anyway, I found pictures of a Wasp beside a Stout. It is a 1 1/2 Ton truck going back to the early 60's. Came in any colour you want as long as it was green. Like most early Jap stuff, built like a brick outhouse. There is quite a bit of BS Posted about them by people that have no idea. If you know someone with a Stout, I have some factory service manuals as I used to own one. I have memories of a few, my Dad bought 4 over about a 10 year period. The Lite Stout was grey, and only rated at 1 Ton. It had a smaller engine, smaller wheels and an independent front end. The Cab was the same, and not much more. Theiss was the Toyota commercial distributor, there was a local LWB version. They cut and stretched the Chassis. 6.7 Diff. Low gear was very low !
Regards Chris

Original owner of a 79 TD
elky
Gemini Master

Re: Wasp and Stout

Post by elky »

I picked up a stout for a mate and it had a beam front axle with leafs?
OldTD

Post by OldTD »

Elky,

That is right 15 inch split Rims, twin leading front drums. The back was leading / trailing. Same King pin as a Dyna IIRC 5R three bearing crank, the early ones were a 3R 1900. 25 amp alternator on later ones. Early ones had a strip speedo, and some push button switch's on the dash. Twin round headlights on all. Most were retired to farms. When I saw the Wasp and Stout together I started looking, and there seems to be a number of people with them, not as forgotten as I thought.
Regards Chris

Original owner of a 79 TD
1976luv
n00b

Post by 1976luv »

I stored a mates stout for a while, we got it running and replaced a lot of the wiring loom. My mate sold it on when he bought himself a wasp ute!
redzone (coxy)
Long Term Member

Post by redzone (coxy) »

Bugger the stout, i want to hear more about the Wasp!
GARAGE REDZONE sunshine coast ph 07 54433507

1975 TX coupe 4ZD1 efi turbo 10.787 @ 123/128
1977 TC Fashion Pack sedan draw through turbo
1984 TG PF60E dohc Group A racecar
1984 TG Panelvan
2006 Crewman SS 6.0