The Vent

This Forums is here for off topic discussion.. Please keep it partially relevant to the site.. we don’t really need to know what u had for breakfast..
gem_shane
Regular

The Vent

Post by gem_shane »

Some stuff pisses me off , but some also makes me do a little wee in my pants at the same time cos it's just so funny....here's my rant for the day.

This can be the thread similar to PATAT but angry. Don't put any personal opinions about other members in here, keep that for kindergarten tomorrow. Just have your rant and be done...enjoy.

k....

I think it's funny that we as a country don't really follow a sport until we actually start winning in a world wide competition.

For my first example i give you "The Winter Olympics"...Now a few years back you may remember how Australia won a gold medal at the winter olympics, through no level of skill, but when the rest of the competitors fell over....true Aussie spirit comes into the picture, and we all love the gold medal winner, one Steven Bradbury??? (is that his name even...who knows? ) and we make him a famous sports star overnight. He however does not make it to the next olympics cos he is s*#t. But my point here is that no one in this fine country of ours even knew that speed skating or the winter olympics even existed, until we won a medal. Makes perfect sense that we idolise the "winner", right? Sure.

My next example is soccer. Now I have never been a fan of soccer, well not since primary school anyway, but I also didn't know any massive fans of the game the entire time i have spent growing up. If you liked soccer where i grew up you were classed in the group that homophobes lay their anger. Football, was football(rugby league) and soccer was a poofy game for girls to play in england. And that was it. Now suddenly, out of nowhere the Australian soccer team wins a games (which is funny cos this aparantly hasn't ever happened before) and what happens...? We get a full professional league in the country. From no where massive amounts of soccer fans emerge from the Greek and Italian filled suburbs like West End all over the country and we have thousands of people watching the game like they were always the biggest fans ever. And out of the woodwork come the diehard fan friends ...who have never even mentioned the word soccer in the 10 - 15 years that i have known some of them, and as far as i knew didn't even know soccer was a real game.(is it actually a real game? I don't know.) And now that we are actually looking good in the World Cup, the whole country is behind them, except little old me, cos I don't give a s*#t for soccer. Patriotism is good, but why let it just be for sports. Why not get in there and support the Australian Troops who are fighting crazy people with machetes and other new age weapons like ...rocks...and sticks, with hope for our country to remain safe, and to help the people of our neighbouring countries feel safe as well. They are at least doing something to benefit the country, taking away those new age weapons and giving them to starving children in bangladesh.

But we know all of this is too far beyond our reach, because we are too worried about how the hell we are gonna beat the team that invented the game we've been so lucky with this week, and who's gonna win Australian f*#cking Idol, or when does Shannon f*#cking Noll's new song come out, and will it sound like Bryan Adams again....

I am disappointed in the Nation.

Oh and go the Maroons..... :lol:
Last edited by gem_shane on Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
one
Long Term Member

Post by one »

everything.
Gene FJ20DEBT
Supreme Overlord

Post by Gene FJ20DEBT »

buckna...
"No thank you, Turkish; I'm sweet enough."

FAT93M
Regular

Post by FAT93M »

What Pisses me off? Emo Girls...

Why do some of them have to be soo HOT
ROTAHAVIK GEM
Long Term Member

Post by ROTAHAVIK GEM »

Gene FJ20DET wrote:buckna...
x2 :P :P :P

Previously Known As gemzilla1
kheading
Regular

Post by kheading »

People that include "LOL" as the english language while texting or talking on the internet. Its not like your writing a sentence and laughing out loud every 2 seconds.
Thought it was a good idea at the time to beat-box with shaving cream on my face, until it started snowing.
Buckna
Long Term Member

Post by Buckna »

gene...

and people who whinge about losing their talk zone.
gene wrote:Lok for mod………………… HAHAHAAHAHA not realy???? LOL. When hell freezes over and cocks fall from the heavens
FAT93M
Regular

Post by FAT93M »

kheading wrote:People that include "LOL" as the english language while texting or talking on the internet. Its not like your writing a sentence and laughing out loud every 2 seconds.
looks like someone hates me lol.. :lol:
Gem_Kid
Long Term Member

Post by Gem_Kid »

Buckna wrote:gene...

and people who whinge about losing their talk zone.
baaahahahha 'talk zone' rofl.

what the hell that was random.

umm probably tradesmen who expect the apprenices to kiss and wipe asses. you use something, you put it away and clean up your own mess - simple as that.

you want some - you get it, or ask nicely.

never expect.

:)

OH and also

- f*!kin footy/soccer/rugby people whjo constantl.y talk about 'their' teams who they supposedly own.

'we should win, we got our good players in and i reckon we'll win'

who the f&*ks we. i dont see you running around kicking goals ffs sit down and shut up.

theres not i and we, and definatley not a f*!kin football team either.
Last edited by Gem_Kid on Thu Jun 15, 2006 7:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
phatgemini
Chatterbox

Post by phatgemini »

^^ HIM ^^
mikuni
Chatterbox

Post by mikuni »

FAT93M wrote:What Pisses me off? Emo Girls...

mmmmmm emo.
HAHAHAH LOL etc
FAT93M
Regular

Post by FAT93M »

mikuni wrote:
FAT93M wrote:What Pisses me off? Emo Girls...

mmmmmm emo.
HAHAHAH LOL etc
Just to Prove my Point..

s2 Suicidegirls.com
HONES
Regular

Post by HONES »

quicksand
Gem_Kid
Long Term Member

Post by Gem_Kid »