OzGemini.com

:: Holden Gemini Forums
It is currently Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:35 am

Forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Beware Scamming Cnt Selling s*#t! People have been scamm
PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:02 pm 
Gemini Master

Cops wont do anything.. Its very sad.. Like the scammers , police are told , but nothing is done.

The thing is , the more proactive people get to stop this kind of thing , the less it will happen.

Just imagine... old mate steals crap , address is found , people go around to reclaim money , call ambulance on the way out. Guy tries to scam again , same thing happens , he gives up and goes legit. Story of what happened to him gets out , others try their luck ending with calls to ambulance.. Word gets widespread the car community wont stand for it and people will get hurt , then only the super smart crims will be doing it when they find ways to outsmart the stalkers who can track them down.

Other way is to pay via paypal only , so if anything happens , you can reclaim your money.

So vic people that know him , have been to his place , pull your balls out of your mothers purse and help a fellow gem member out.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:12 am 
Regular

TD_stripes wrote:

Yeah, mum is a bit of a trusting hippie. But at the same time, cops didn't do anything about them making death threats against a minor etc etc. And the buyer did technically steal the car. Cops were only interested when mum stole it back off them. :roll:

yeah I hear what you are saying. Here is a parallel. Some years ago in Gympie Jackson Bradey ( a 16yo schoolboy) was macheted to death by another homicidal manic schoolboy.

As this nutjob left his house to do the deed, the police were informed by the nutjob's grandmother he was going to kill someone, to which they replied "well what do you expect us to do about it?" . The nutjob made his way down to the shopping centre, chose Jackson at random, then chased him all over the shopping centre before killing him. The ambos were there first, the cops were there last some 20 or more minutes after the call from the grandmother(the station was just a block or two away from the attack site).

But...a mate of mine went down to a Gympie tow truck operators place to have a go at him for ripping him off.(stealing stuff off his car). The towie called the cops and they were there in less than 3 minutes. Sound familiar? Cops priorities are totally f*cked up.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:27 am 
Regular

cjcrow wrote:
So is it my fault being on the other side of Australia, trying to get parts, that I lose my money jsut because I am interstate from this guy? How do you suppose people from interstate practice safe trading, when you have to have some trust that when you transfer funds, they don't just disappear, as is this case? Please enlighten me!

mate, you still dont you get it, do you? You cant trust people! thats why Ebay has a ratings system, and Paypal with its protection (however dubious that protection is).

Yes it is your fault if you are going to blindly trust people and it goes wrong, because it will only be a matter of time before you get done. Except for Ebayers with scrupulously good feedback , or registered businesses, I will not buy stuff that I can not pick up personally. Yes that cuts out an awful lot fo stuff for sale on the net. Too bad. and I have never been scammed. How about that? :shock:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:56 am 
Regular

LOK15 wrote:
Cops wont do anything.. Its very sad.. Like the scammers , police are told , but nothing is done.

Its not that simple. Depending on the circumstance, its often a civil matter. Same as when you buy something from a shop and they dont honour their warranty with you, its not a criminal matter, its a civil matter, and you are off to civil court (QCAT).

Stealing is criminal, but then again, unless it has substantial value, the cops arent interested.

LOK15 wrote:
The thing is , the more proactive people get to stop this kind of thing , the less it will happen.

True, but dont forget where you are. Straya c*nt - its the land of loud mouthed hot headed bogans , but when it comes time to do anything , like band together for a common cause , ie protest to fight our f*$kwit govt, or deal with scamming turds, well, no one could be ar5ed.

LOK15 wrote:
Other way is to pay via paypal only , so if anything happens , you can reclaim your money.

Yeah but it can be a big drawn out drama reclaiming it. Dont expect Paypal to look after you and make it easy.. Theres plenty of scams going on using paypal if you are a seller , and unless you can prove you actually shipped the goods, you'll get done over there as well. World is complex, and not everything is so striaghtforward. Google "paypal scams"

LOK15 wrote:
So vic people that know him , have been to his place , pull your balls out of your mothers purse and help a fellow gem member out.

Would have been more sensible to employ Victorian connections in the first place to pick up the stuff locally? A few six packs would have staved off a lot of grief? Maybe the Gemini community neds to forge better links so they can pick up stuff for each other? but then again, this comes back to apathy , as mentioned before. We'd rahter kick back and suck piss rather than do any work?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:09 am 
Korean Jesus

I could suggest a ratings system on here?
AusRotor has it.

I think it's a bit of a s*#t situation here. No one expects to be ripped off by some c*#t from the forum. (although I've bought things I haven't been happy with or didn't recieve)

Unfortuantely there's people like that on every forum. No point upping people for getting scammed by some c*#t on here.

#TurboFamily #Geminats #Bucketship

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:59 am 
Regular

Jonno wrote:
No point upping people for getting scammed by some c*#t on here.

Agreed, telling someone that it was their fault, or saying that should know better, doesn't help the situation.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:16 pm 
Regular

Quote:
Agreed, telling someone that it was their fault, or saying that should know better, doesn't help the situation.

X2

Someone on Facebook picked up the Diff and paid and got ripped off which means it is not just Ozgem related and no-one is safe interstate or not. Dudes will have more chance of refund if paying Bank does the RIGHTY and follows up your inquiry. ANZ Visa does that for me = do not pay Cash .
I would be askin the guy who picked up Facebook DODGY Diff how he is goin with Police or Thugs then join whichever bandwagon you feel is best. :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:04 pm 
Regular

Tcar7 wrote:
Quote:

X2

Someone on Facebook picked up the Diff and paid and got ripped off which means it is not just Ozgem related and no-one is safe interstate or not. Dudes will have more chance of refund if paying Bank does the RIGHTY and follows up your inquiry. ANZ Visa does that for me = do not pay Cash .
I would be askin the guy who picked up Facebook DODGY Diff how he is goin with Police or Thugs then join whichever bandwagon you feel is best. :wink:

Already trying to sort it out!!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:47 pm 
Gemini Master

yeah , not much i can do from another state ,and havent been able to get the hacking happening this time.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:12 am 
Korean Jesus

Glock 9 Fixes everything.

Chick chick boom.

Remember that?

Another f*$kwit.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:16 pm 
Regular

f*#k this s*#t.,...if someone ever rips me off like this again I am going to shoot them...cops are f*#cking HOPELESS...like the other dude said that had the car stolen...its like the cops are helping them get away with it...and then when you/the victim has had enough and take it into their own hands (as any normal sane person would as they aren't getting ANY legal help) then the cops stick up for the criminals and actually "want to press charges against someone"...its ridiculous, seriously, cops must get trained/brainwashed taught that civil crimes are "standard procedure" and that it is an "option" if you decide to want to do the job/paper work on the crime...

pisses me off to the max.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:36 pm 
Regular

Cops are only here to keep you in check, to protect the 1% and rob you of your civil liberties.

Jonno wrote:
No gemini is a good investment

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:56 am 
Korean Jesus

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:35 am 
Regular

I agree

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:50 pm 
Gemini Master

he is back at it on facebook so be aware people.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next