LOK15
Gemini Master

E.O.I - TF SL sedan auto ipswich

Post by LOK15 »

TF Sedan
SL strips and badges
91000km
Auto
Front Nanna visor and rear aunger visor.

Currently being restored ( paint is faded and small amounts of rust needing repair ) motor is 1600 condition TBA

Will be available in about 4-6 weeks time. Factory white , factory motor , dark blue vinyl interior. Car will have Pedders lowered rears springs ,13" wire wheels on it but will come with original rims and hubcaps in boot. Front springs will remain standard

will be Chasing +$3k with current RWC.

If GFC wasnt hitting , this would easily be a 5-6k valued car IMHO.
Last edited by LOK15 on Sat Jun 14, 2014 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Getting too old for this s*#t!!
LOK15
Gemini Master

Re: E.O.I - TF SL sedan auto ipswich

Post by LOK15 »

As you can see... paint is very average from sun. Was bought from mechanic who was selling on behalf of elderly man who was 2nd owner.
Last edited by LOK15 on Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
elky
Gemini Master

Post by elky »

i would b only touching up the parts that need it, looks like original paint, so it is a survivour, painting it would just make it another gemini that has been done up, easier to sell to a p plater but they are only original once!

the survivour car movement is growing quite quickly (there is a aussie magazine out now devoted to it) and i find myself admiring originals rather than restored cars

just my 2c

cheers
LOK15
Gemini Master

Post by LOK15 »

the paint has been cleaned with thinners or similar by previous owner , which has destroyed the paint , so im only repainting the outside back to original , and will be refitting side stripes and bump moulds
LOK15
Gemini Master

Post by LOK15 »

Car should be ready to go in 3-4 weeks. Will be rustproofing all the doors and body to help keep it rust free.
ghemini
Regular

Post by ghemini »

LOK15 wrote:If GFC wasnt hitting , this would easily be a 5-6k valued car IMHO.
You cant keep using that excuse forever. People arent paying much for these. This poor guy cant even get a bid on this little beauty. Ya gotta stop living the dream.....
LOK15
Gemini Master

Post by LOK15 »

no excuse. considering what some have sold for , im on the money. I know everything is devalued atm , hence my actual selling price , which is below what i feel its true value is ( started as an IMHO ).

And if you really read the ad , he says , all original , then goes onto say all pollution gear removed , the there is the photo where you can clearly see the drivers doorlock is missing , so its possibly been broken into, and no total km have been given , seatbelts aren't original items either. Then last but no least " perfect to restore to show car". Mind you , melbourne atm has an abundance of geminis for sale.. It used to be brisbane , but its moved south , soon it'll move to another state where lots will be for sale , but thankyou for the interest in my ad and the kinda free bump its been given.
ghemini
Regular

Post by ghemini »

Air pump removed, door lock missing, seatbelts - big deal. You can see its a very tidy gem. But my point is the GFC. Its how the world is now since Aug 2008, and will be till the 20s. Get used to it. The middle class just cant afford what they used to 7 year ago.
F3ARED

Post by F3ARED »

ghemini wrote:
LOK15 wrote:If GFC wasnt hitting , this would easily be a 5-6k valued car IMHO.
You cant keep using that excuse forever. People arent paying much for these. This poor guy cant even get a bid on this little beauty. Ya gotta stop living the dream.....
Having looked at that car, i can tell you why it hasnt sold.

Rust in boot floor [not too bad admittedly, few pin holes]
Rust under LH corner of rear window
Rust on LH rear quarter behind mudflup
Rust on bottom of RH front gaurd
Starting to rust along the bottom of the rear beaver panel

The rust spots arent bad. What IS bad is the clown put a tow bar on the car to tow his hilux [4x4, 35" muddies etc] to the workshop and back. LH floor pan under the back seat has pulled away and broken the spot welds, LHR door alignment is starting to grow. RHS was ok.

Keeping in mind this was all obvious looking at the car at night, plus the fact that it had been sprayed before, not worth the hassle.
Previously GeminiCoupe/GeminiRollingShell/SCAR3D/Jonnoisac#nt

78 TD Gemini Sedan - R.I.P
81 TE Gemini Sedan