THOMAS4PARTS--FOR ALL YOUR TURBO & PERFORMANCE NEEDS--

Have you got a great deal to offer all the members of OzGemini? If so Post the details here.
This is not for Private "for sale" add's
storyteller
n00b

Re: THOMAS4PARTS--FOR ALL YOUR TURBO & PERFORMANCE NEEDS--

Post by storyteller »

H/D valve springs still available?
Old Man Butters
n00b
Location: currently split between Burpengary QLD and Bridgewater TAS.

Post by Old Man Butters »

Hi mate. I have me a fresh reco 4ze1 ( late model one ) and i was wondering if you do / can do / know of anywhere that does custom engine mounts for these? I have the diesel diff to help me out, and everybody is telling me to slot the standard mounts and swap them over. I am not keen on mounting my engine this way, and was wondering if you have had enough experience with these installs to help me out at all? Also, i am loving the look of your turbo manifolds, i plan to use a gtr 3582 turbo with mine. Gett8ng ahead of myself, i was looking at the altra diff setup, would one of those heavey duty torque tube rubbers still be required? I am also using the rodeo 4spd auto as my licence restricts me to autos at the moment because of my leg. Do you know if these boxes are any good or are they shite. I want to run the motor in as na first, then do the turbo conversion along with a rebuild specifically to get the most out of my motor cam/valve/pistons and rods ( have seen the spool packages ) so i will turn back to you then good sir for help with parts and advice. I was going to run a haltech 1000, and likely snaffle one of your dizzy's along with a pack of coils to sort out ignitiom. Any hellp or advice you could give me regarding mounting the engine properly would be well appreciated, to start things off. You can reach me on 0488443214 or ken dot Mcmillan at live dot com. Thanks cobber.
Jonno
Korean Jesus

Post by Jonno »

This sounds interesting^

Build thread stat.
Plus PM BAD 44U he had a decent mounting kit from his old drag car for sale for a good price.

If you're going to use a Altra 9 diff leave the petrol one in there.
You will need a decent torque tube and rubber.
Talk to your engineer before turbo'ing it.

Haltech is a excellent unit if you don't want to bother with wiring myself and DR_Gem both had LT10s Microtechs for sale to setup to suit 4ze1.
75 TX Coupe
GemiNats > https://www.facebook.com/GeminiNationals
#TurboFamily #Geminats #Bucketship
YT: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPKSHb ... akJ04sOYjw