Pro Rally Enterprises Introduces Custom LSD Centres

Have you got a great deal to offer all the members of OzGemini? If so Post the details here.
This is not for Private "for sale" add's
06EMY
Regular

Post by 06EMY »

beevus wrote:sorry guys, i'm having a few problems with my gem. (the missus drove it into a pole) i do have some footage, but it sucks, i have some serious power issues atm, recently found out i've been setting my valve clearances wrong for years and now i've reset it correctly and have no idea why i have no torque. i plan on haing a look on the weekend. i also had the boot pretty loaded with crap. incidentally the shot goes really s*#t when i start my monsterous burnout. but if you look before the burnout, you can see the (very even) lines i made on my previous attempt.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eK1iOi56a80

if i can figure out why i have no torque, i'll most likley film again.

Cheers,
-Beevus
You've got to be joking right???

This is how it's done:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CPWdjpW4Zc
MY PRIDE AND JOY - "THA ROTOR COUPE"
GEM-DEO
Regular

Post by GEM-DEO »

Hahaha sold!

Try getting torque by sitting on valve bounce and dropping the clutch at full lock and leave your foot flat to the floor :roll:
Dylan - 25 - Gold Coast Qld
See You An Tea
Buggzy
Long Term Member

Post by Buggzy »

06EMY wrote:
beevus wrote:sorry guys, i'm having a few problems with my gem. (the missus drove it into a pole) i do have some footage, but it sucks, i have some serious power issues atm, recently found out i've been setting my valve clearances wrong for years and now i've reset it correctly and have no idea why i have no torque. i plan on haing a look on the weekend. i also had the boot pretty loaded with crap. incidentally the shot goes really s*#t when i start my monsterous burnout. but if you look before the burnout, you can see the (very even) lines i made on my previous attempt.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eK1iOi56a80

if i can figure out why i have no torque, i'll most likley film again.

Cheers,
-Beevus
You've got to be joking right???

This is how it's done:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CPWdjpW4Zc
thats awsome well done whoever's gems they were.
Boostin for lyfe!
GEM-DEO
Regular

Post by GEM-DEO »

At first I didn't realise who's gem the rotor was cause of the night vision thing f*!kin up the colour
but then Jeff sticks his head out of it LOL
Dylan - 25 - Gold Coast Qld
See You An Tea
beevus

Post by beevus »

Woot! Engine fixed.

Cant do burnouts this weekend cuz i'm going to the alpine rally, and i dont want the event to be canned for people hooning.

yes, nice burnouts boys. incidentally i was at peak revs and i did have my foot to the floor for those, hence, i had a problem... a big problem... too much oil in the air filter... so much, too much that it wouldn't even rev up to valve bounce, whoops...

well, all is good now, i'll still try and get something this weekend or before, but i wouldn't hold your breath.

Cheers all!
-Beevus
archangel62
Long Term Member

Post by archangel62 »

Ok, so the video posted wasn't exactly great (or convincing..) but he's giving it another shot. Let's not give him too much of a hard time. Everyone's struggled to spin it up in a stock Gem. Let alone one with twice the traction.

Mate, a thought, maybe if you rolled in a circle at full lock, with someone taking video (thus proving it allows free spinning when unloaded), then mashed the go pedal in second? It's a trademark of the open diffs that they just spin the inside wheel, and therefore don't get sideways whatsoever. An LSD, spinning second at full-lock turn-in, should DEFINITELY end up sideways.

Pending no fuel surge issues from the stock carby, you should have no trouble. All you really need to do is prove basic function of the unit.. Then the first buyer can put it to the test with some more power, and more challenging activities, like drifting etc.

I'd love a better video as much as the next man.. If you could attempt the above, with a slighlty better cameraman ;), I'm still willing to be the first buyer and "lab rat" as soon as finances allow - which should be a matter of weeks, despite a $650 pain-in-the ass from some bent valves the other day :evil:

Cheers,
Eli

P.S. Wouldn't it be ironic if, indirectly, dropping a big burnout/donuts earnt you money? lol!! If only it always worked that way, the class divide wouldn't be so prominent :lol:
My Gemini drift videos: http://www.youtube.com/PandamoniumDrift
Follow us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/PandamoniumDrift
Current tally: 5 Geminis and a Piazza
beevus

Post by beevus »

lol, if only it was stock, i was just having some crazy power issues, and i have pulled wicked burnouts before, i know how to do burnouts, it was just being a turd. all fixed now. should have some vids posted soon.
GTR33T
Owns a ZZR

Post by GTR33T »

Hi Beevus PM was sent to you Wednesday AM .Thanks.
CUL8R
n00b

Post by CUL8R »

any updates?
beevus

Post by beevus »

hey folks, yes, there are updates.

we have recieved a zz/r diff which is being modified as we speak.

i also just laid some rubber about an hour ago. i'll get the vids up hopfully tonight. pending the owner of the video camera sending me the fottage.

also not done the way i wanted, but the vids should show what you all want. due to my car not having as much power as i would like, i got both wheels spinning, but the outside wheel didn't smoke as much as i would like.

cheers,
-Beevus
beevus

Post by beevus »

lukes_tg
Regular

Post by lukes_tg »

hahahaha mad!
lukes_tg
Regular

Post by lukes_tg »

also, any cheaper for a group buy? say we get 5 people to get it done at the some time you chuck 100 bucks off the price? :D
PSIGEM
Long Term Member

Post by PSIGEM »

Getting there mate... but still id like a video like was described earlier
Mate, a thought, maybe if you rolled in a circle at full lock, with someone taking video (thus proving it allows free spinning when unloaded), then mashed the go pedal in second? It's a trademark of the open diffs that they just spin the inside wheel, and therefore don't get sideways whatsoever. An LSD, spinning second at full-lock turn-in, should DEFINITELY end up sideways.
That way it shows it fully unlocks when not under power and will lock up in a instant when power is applied.

Its not hard to get a few decent videos?
I love old cheeseburgers ...
GEMWRC
Long Term Member

Post by GEMWRC »

yep should be doing donuts and s*#t man .. get ya act together. could of sold 20 of these with one good vid