UPC High Performance Brake Upgrades

Have you got a great deal to offer all the members of OzGemini? If so Post the details here.
This is not for Private "for sale" add's
LOK15
Gemini Master

Re: UPC High Performance Brake Upgrades

Post by LOK15 »

You seriously dont research do you..
VT m/c has a 1" bore and a 1 1/8" fast fill chamber (the bit at the back that looks like the piston. VS has a 7/8" bore and a 1 1/16" fast fill chamber.
nothing to do with filling the master from the reservoir , its quickly filling the master piston to take up the "slack" in the amount of fluid that needs moving.

And then there is this , from a company that was running well before you were , that provides excellent information and facts.
Master cylinder and boosters
Some registration authorities are quite strict that the master and booster used in a brake
conversion are off the exact same make and model as the rotors and calipers.
Whist this may sound foolproof it is not always practical and those with experience know
that there are other brands that mix and match. The problem is of course having the
experience.
A good starting point will always be to use the same bore master and booster regardless
of where the rest came from, but you really have to go into it much deeper than that.
Car companies sometimes use smaller bore masters and reduce the pedal ratios to
compensate.

So in saying that , thats why TC TD TE gemini boosters run an XB master , as its 1" and straight bolt on. I now make a billet alloy adapter that allows a VX ( same as the brakes i am running ) master to bolt onto a TF booster. The same applies for the rod guys who run gemini boosters. ( i happen to know a few rod building guru's )

You say you've sold 10,000 units.. How many of them are FACTUALLY gemini specific kits? And realistically , how many people can/could be bothered to follow up if something isnt right. Thats right , very few. And as you have seen , some have stepped forward and said yes , they have had to machine their hubs , but obviously they werent bothered to contact you to bring the isue to your attention like i did. I mean , i wouldnt be doing my own upgrade kits if you would've sent an email back within the 6 days i gave you simply saying , " thanks for the feedback , we will look into the issue" , and that would have been the end of it , but because you didnt reply , and took attitude towards me , you left me no choice but to continue on my current path.

I think ive been pretty good up to this point in trying to show you there is an issue , it is you that continually says there isnt , and refuse to look into it and do further research. And once again , please continue making threats of ATO fair trading ACCC etc , as you know as well as i do , it will backfire on you. You have zero evidence , apart from me constantly saying there is a problem.

So please , continue to put me in my place and show me how wrong i am.
Getting too old for this s*#t!!
LOK15
Gemini Master

Post by LOK15 »

Oh , if the unemployed statement is referring to me , do your research.
upc
n00b

Post by upc »

The problem does not lie with us not being capable of machining them to the spigget size of the wheel, we do so regularly. Problem lies with idiots like you that don't tell us what spiggot size they need, are we supposed to guess? It's easier to remove material then it is to ad, it's even easier to advise size. To go off on whatever tangent you like, you are still wrong, still missed the point, doesn't matter what car it's fitted to, its the master cylinder size that counts.
LOK15
Gemini Master

Post by LOK15 »

Now you say the master cylinder soze does count , but yet earlier you were saying it doesnt..

I guess this is why you are only a retailer , telling people what they want to hear. Sorry , but doesnt work with me. I do my homework to make sure what i say is factual and correct.

BTW , here is more proof of your false knowledge...

I didnt know sydney australia was a region/providence in china..

So who is falsely advertising here? DBA or yourself?
upc
n00b

Post by upc »

News to me DBA make 4000 series in 040 rotors for VT's, only high end 2 piece rotors are still made in Australia by DBA. When rotors are boxed in Australia they can say they are Australian made, doesn't mean the rotor is... Wrong again. WE ARE THE MANUFACTURER not a retailer and I don't care what you want to hear im setting the record straight.

Do you believe everything you read, or only the parts you write? We have better things to do then try to educate one who can't be educated.
LOK15
Gemini Master

Post by LOK15 »

I give up , you clearly have illusions of grandeur.
Andrew64
Regular

Post by Andrew64 »

upc wrote:Problem lies with idiots like you that don't tell us what spiggot size they need,
So now your calling your customers idiots because they think they are buying a product to suit an old car but your only catering for new wheels.
It would be so much easier for you to ask people what size is needed, now theres a thought "customer service"
But seems your idea of customer service is get what your given and f*#k off.
Wanker :!:
Oh and a few posts up you say you recommend 1 inch master yet all your adds (ebay gumtree) state no master upgrade needed.
Image ©2009
LOK15
Gemini Master

Post by LOK15 »

upc wrote:The problem does not lie with us not being capable of machining them to the spigget size of the wheel, we do so regularly. Problem lies with idiots like you that don't tell us what spiggot size they need, are we supposed to guess?
Do you even know what size a stock gemini hub is? , You sell kits for a gemini , but supply commodore sized 4 stud hubs. We as customers should be able to purchase a product with the research and development already done. There should be zero reason why a "new" product designated for a specific make of car has to be modified to fit pre-existing parts.

You might think im hating on you , but realistically , im bringing problems to your attention. Notice how no other members here , out of the 1000+ views have stood up and defended your product? Even some who have purchased have complained , and you still do nothing except take money and not reslove issues. Why not machine your hubs beforehand? Or do you like charging extra ontop of your sale price so they will actually fit peoples cars!

Oh , and in saying that.. I am now bringing the hate as your narrow mindedness and blatant lying constantly shows. You have no consistancy with your knowledge. Are you a qualified brake mechanic? Im not , but apparently i know more than you.. Now for someone supplying brake products , shouldnt you be more educated than me? An apparent unemployed dole bludger going by your description of me?

Im still awaiting the threats from ATO etc to become reality.