UPC High Performance Brake Upgrades

Have you got a great deal to offer all the members of OzGemini? If so Post the details here.
This is not for Private "for sale" add's
upc
n00b

UPC High Performance Brake Upgrades

Post by upc »

Hi guys,

We are a Melbourne based business and specialize in brake upgrades for most vehicles. At Ultra Performance Components (UPC), our passion is racing. Founder, Tony Edwards is widely known in the Australian motorsport industry and has been racing continually since 1982. He is presently competing in the Australian Touring Car Masters Series. UPC was born from a need to build in Australia, quality street and custom race car components that just work. The natural progression was then to make available to the general public the benefits from the investment in the expensive state of the art CNC machines needed to produce these quality race parts. These machines are now being used to produce any component needed from standard, to high performance brake upgrade and performance driveline kits.

For an example this is one of our brake upgrades available from us.

New 296mm x 28mm, twin piston front brake upgrade kit for all model Gemini, sedan or wagon / panelvan.

Straight slotted rotors supplied.

Curved slotted rotors add extra.

X drilled & slotted are extra.

X drilled & curve slotted are extra.

Red powder coated calipers are extra per pair.

A huge increase from your standard disc rotor to a massive 296mm x 28mm slotted disc rotor with twin piston calipers. The pads used in this kit have a larger surface area for even more superior braking. Our 4 stud rotors are machined from blanks and will pass any engineers report that are needed when increasing the HP of your Gemini. The rotors are machined from blanks and will pass any engineers report.

These are our own brand manufactured to our specifications from the same factory as another big name brand. These are high quality performance and long life rotors slotted in house then electroplated gold to stop rust on the non contact areas.

The brake pads are Police spec, high performance low dust pads as used in all our brake upgrade kits. The brake compound is similar to the Bendix Ultimate or OEM BMW & Mercedes pads.

The rubber brake hoses are street legal, ADR 7/00 (Australian Design Rule) stamped, pressure tested to 3000psi, approved and compliant for road use within Australia. Braided are also available at extra cost.

For the mechanically minded this upgrade is easy to fit and will improve braking for towing, performance applications and track day events. This kit will fit under most 15 inch wheels required.

No change to your booster or master cylinder is required as long as they are in good working order.

We recommend you check your rear calipers are in good working order or we can supply reconditioned rear calipers at extra cost.

Kit includes

2 x PBR twin piston front calipers
2 x UPC#040, 296mm x 28mm vented rotors
2 x UPC#1344, Police spec brake pads
2 x Custom made ADR 7/00 rubber brake hoses
2 x Holden adaptor hubs made from K1045 billet steel complete with bearings, seals & studs

Your existing caliper bolts are used to fit the kit

$895

Local pick up is available

Ultra Performance Components, Boronia 3155, Vic

IF PICKING UP WE HAVE EFTPOS FACILITIES

[03] 9720 2266 or contact info@upc-online.com.au
Attachments
gemini big brake kit 4 or 5 stud.JPG
gemini big brake kit 4 or 5 stud.JPG (50.25 KiB) Viewed 12276 times
LOK15
Gemini Master

Re: UPC High Performance Brake Upgrades

Post by LOK15 »

Hubs will require machining if you want to fit simmons. This seller is abusive towards people and gives crap customer assistance.

But we all know that already.
Getting too old for this s*#t!!
GEMWRC
Long Term Member

Post by GEMWRC »

Gems dont have rear Calipers
firebug
Regular

Post by firebug »

Looks very similar to a VT kit. If so a master cylinder upgrade is required. ..
"Can't stop addicted to the shindig!..."
upc
n00b

Post by upc »

GEMWRC wrote:Gems dont have rear Calipers
Hi,

Yes we know, these are a front brake upgrade, not rear.

Cheers.
upc
n00b

Post by upc »

firebug wrote:Looks very similar to a VT kit. If so a master cylinder upgrade is required. ..
Hi Firebug,

Master Cylinder upgrade is not required with this kit. Standard master cylinder will work fine.

Cheers.
upc
n00b

Post by upc »

LOK15 wrote:Hubs will require machining if you want to fit simmons. This seller is abusive towards people and gives crap customer assistance.

But we all know that already.
Hi LOK,

Sorry if you didn't have a great experience with us. We always try to deliver the best customer service during and after a sale. We have an all new friendly team of staff :-) Hope we can help in the future,

Cheers.
upc
n00b

Post by upc »

Hi everyone,

We have been receiving a lot of messages about our kits. I just wanted to say thanks for all the support :-)

Cheers,

Terry
UPC.
LOK15
Gemini Master

Post by LOK15 »

Just so you know , i bought one of your kits , and even with fully bled brakes and new rear wheel cylinders , it requires a master cylinder upgrade if you run the booster.. I currently am not running the vacuum booster so i have usable brakes.
upc
n00b

Post by upc »

LOK15 wrote:Just so you know , i bought one of your kits , and even with fully bled brakes and new rear wheel cylinders , it requires a master cylinder upgrade if you run the booster.. I currently am not running the vacuum booster so i have usable brakes.
Hi LOK15,

Standard master cylinders are suitable. Running the vacuum booster or not makes no difference to how much fluid is being pushed into the piston. , it just assists the cylinder.

Cheers,

Terry.
LOK15
Gemini Master

Post by LOK15 »

And im telling you , as a CUSTOMER who has bought your product , and offered feedback that your clearly ignored, that the standard brake booster , either assisted or not, isnt up to the task.

And yes , i am aware that the booster only assists , but my pedal is almost to the floor, qnd if i run the booster , the brakes are a little too precise closer to the floor than i'd be comfortable with.

. I really dont want to hear you say i dont know what im talking about or assume i dont have a clue..
upc
n00b

Post by upc »

LOK15 wrote:And im telling you , as a CUSTOMER who has bought your product , and offered feedback that your clearly ignored, that the standard brake booster , either assisted or not, isnt up to the task.

And yes , i am aware that the booster only assists , but my pedal is almost to the floor, qnd if i run the booster , the brakes are a little too precise closer to the floor than i'd be comfortable with.

. I really dont want to hear you say i dont know what im talking about or assume i dont have a clue..
Thanks LOK15,

I understand what you are saying here BUT we have never had a customer have a problem with our kits with the standard brake booster so not sure whats going on...

Cheers,

Terry.
LOK15
Gemini Master

Post by LOK15 »

Alot of people dont give feedback , like the people who had to machine their hubs down to accomodate their wheels , so you are only making the assumption that it is ok. Ebay feedback is only a guide as its often left before the product is fitted or used.

Quick feedback for ya from others on facebook

Putting the call out... Who has bought a UPC VX brake upgrade kit and fitted it to their car using the standard brake booster?
Like · Comment · Share

Paul Susgem Dingeldei: Me
30 mins · Like
Lachlan Hope: Have you driven the car and how has the pedal responded?
29 mins · Like
Paul Susgem Dingeldei: Pedal was very low with the stock master but the brakes still worked good
29 mins · Like
Lachlan Hope: would you say having the pedal low would be a roadworthy issue as they have a maximum allowable safe travel?
27 mins · Like
Lachlan Hope: Also , if driving " with spirit ", if you happened to have brake fade , do you have enough pedal travel left to pull the car up to a stop without the pedal hitting the floor? And have you had to adjust the pin mounting on the pedal?
25 mins · Edited · Like
Paul Susgem Dingeldei: Yeah I wouldn't be driving around like that for too long. It's pretty close to the floor even with the pin adjusted at the booster end.
19 mins · Like
Dave Cox: Needs one inch master, stock booster is fine.

So there you have it... feedback. Wasnt too hard to do now was it?
firebug
Regular

Post by firebug »

Lok, how different are these kits from a VT conversion? Other than being new, or combination of new and refurbished parts, are the specs any different? Just asking as I have a VT conversion on mine and everything as described above regarding low pedal was the same. I went with a 1" master and problem solved.
"Can't stop addicted to the shindig!..."
LOK15
Gemini Master

Post by LOK15 »

Pretty sure VX and VT are the same just looks cooler saying its VX lol