UPC High Performance Brake Upgrades

Have you got a great deal to offer all the members of OzGemini? If so Post the details here.
This is not for Private "for sale" add's
rotagem
Regular

Re: UPC High Performance Brake Upgrades

Post by rotagem »

Here is some more feedback. I also had to upgrade my master to XB as a my $300 dollar exercise to get the standard master on my TD reconditioned did not help at all. Pedal was to the floor and couldn't fill the twin pistons. Also had to machine hubs down for wheels to fit. Maybe include that in your ebay add and i bet sales will drop. If i had of read this was needed on your add i prob wouldn't of bought it as to get them machined and bigger 1" master fitted wasn't cheap and people should be notified of this. Your info is incorrect, SIMPLE
LOK15
Gemini Master

Post by LOK15 »

Under australian consumer law , it is illegal to sell a product that does not work as advertised. you could end up with quite a lawsuit if you dont amend your ad. Im more than happy to hunt down the legislation proving this if you like , but im sure you are aware of it already.

If you havent noticed , many people have now given you feedback on how to improve your product , but you still fail to do anything about it. that also then comes down to false advertising. All you need is 1 person to buy and have your kit installed by a licenced mechanic , then go hit a merc , police report finds brakes are not up to spec and you'll be forced to close your doors permanently

Step up to the plate and take responsibility.
Getting too old for this s*#t!!
upc
n00b

Post by upc »

Mate, im not sure how many times I have to say this. If your standard master cylinder is in A1 100% working order, it will work with our brake package...
rotagem
Regular

Post by rotagem »

Go to spec savers you blind c*#t. How many people need to tell you its f*#cked and wont work with standard master??? So a recoed master would be in a1 condition wouldnt you agree? Yeah me too and it still wasnt upto the task. Go to sleep c*#nts, lokis new kits will end your gemini business.... Have a nice day
upc
n00b

Post by upc »

There is no need for the foul mouth mate, lets all be adults here, shall we? I guess the 100's of other Gemini kits that we have sold over the past several years havn't worked with the standard master either?

Makes sense that the bad publicity in here is coming from another member who will be supplying a different kit to ours as competition if your statement is correct.
LOK15
Gemini Master

Re: UPC High Performance Brake crap

Post by LOK15 »

Yes , i am the one who will be supplying a kit. Mine will include actual road testing and every component needed including the brake master upgrade which is needed. If you read rotagems original post , he clearly stated he had his master cylinder reconditioned AND hubs machined down to fit. He didnt state whether or not he replaced his rear wheel cylinders with new units , but at a guess , i'd say ( seems as he spent the money getting the master reco's , that he spent the $25 for a pair and replaced them). Continually you have been approached by people , yet you have still done ZERO to rectify the issue and continue to say "it doesnt need an upgrade" . Maybe with the "hundreds" or kits you have sold , the people havent bothered getting back to you with feedback , but when they do , you ignore it , or blast them via email because you couldnt be assed to fix the issue.

There is screenshots of you calling me derogative names because i tried to help , but you ignored , then , only an hour after negative feedback was left, which i might add you had 6 ( thats right 6 days to respond , but only felt it nesessary to respond after i left negative feedback , then got a mate of yours to buy 2 kits and leave bulls*#t feedback trying to make yourself look good. Lets not forget the " last chance at 99c" , then run 5 consecutive ads with the same thing. Thats fraudulant activity , and 1 phone call to the ATO and FTA will have you investigated. You have had a chance time and time again

Im lucky , i have alot of sway in the gemini comunity , and the word is already out about your s%*tty kits. Soon i wil advertise on ebay stating the truth about the fitment.

If you have issues with this , i'd say pm me , but in reality.. im over helping you by addressing your quality issues.

This thread will soon be locked.
rotagem
Regular

Re: UPC High Performance Brake crap

Post by rotagem »

If you read rotagems original post , he clearly stated he had his master cylinder reconditioned AND hubs machined down to fit. He didnt state whether or not he replaced his rear wheel cylinders with new units , but at a guess , i'd say ( seems as he spent the money getting the master reco's , that he spent the $25 for a pair and replaced them).

I sure did install 2x new rear wheel cylinders with no joy.
When i found the problems with the master and hubs i messaged you on eBay, but what a surprise you just ignored me after you got my money. :roll: :roll: :roll:
Jonno
Korean Jesus

Post by Jonno »

UPC.
For what it's worth I've discovered the same issues as described above by rotagem and Loki.

My somewhat expensive Simmons wheels are having the same issues fitting.

Fortunate for me I'd discussed with rotagem about the conversion years before Loki had had this experience with you.
I'd bought the conversion off another dude who hadn't used it. Knew I'd need to upgrade the booster so I actually called hopper stoppers to order the booster.
I mentioned that your add says used what ever booster and the issues we had as above.
Their response was literally "For f&*ks sake another one"

I personally would have bought a hoppers kit straight up but this one came up cheap and the right time.

I intend on buying a set of lok15s brake upgrades for my panel van with the upgraded booster.

Thanks
75 TX Coupe
GemiNats > https://www.facebook.com/GeminiNationals
#TurboFamily #Geminats #Bucketship
YT: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPKSHb ... akJ04sOYjw
firebug
Regular

Post by firebug »

Don't lock this thread. It's way off getting out of hand yet. This is still a healthy discussion about the UPC kits. Lets give anyone involved every chance to forward their argument...
"Can't stop addicted to the shindig!..."
LOK15
Gemini Master

Post by LOK15 »

firebug wrote:Lets give anyone involved every chance to forward their argument...
I think you've come in rather late... He has been given chances and shown various times that the product has fault. Nothing has been done to rectify that issue.

It took 6 days to reply , and he only replied because i left negative feedback , and that feedback was warranted.
LOK15
Gemini Master

Post by LOK15 »

This is his replies to me , he is free to post up what i wrote originally , it cant be doctored , as i have what i posted as well.. I was nothing but polite and helpful and all i got was abuse.. thats not very good customer service... Then they go ahead and say they have new management , but we all know thats BS as emails are still signed with "tony"

firebug
Regular

Post by firebug »

Not late at all Lok. I chimed in very early if you read back. The reason I suggest this thread to remain open for discussion is to educate through experience of many, not just a couple of people. As I said earlier, I have a similar spec kit to the UPC (my rotors are different) and I experienced the same soft and low pedal that others are stating in this thread. I fixed it with the 1" master as what was suggested through this forum in threads that were still open to ask questions in.

The info Lok has posted above now is useful in knowing what sort of person you are dealing with if you choose to deal with UPC. He states now he wont be making any more Gemini kits despite selling hundreds prior to this discussion. How it looks to me is that a problem that UPC either knew about or is now aware of but is not willing fix, is now discussed on a public forum that Google will more than likely direct anyone to if they do any research. So in the text above, he is blaming Lok for pulling the product, which is a little lame. FYI, they are still available on eBay. $995 buy it now. So this product alone has earned UPC a turnover of at least $100,000+ according to the text above, but claimed to be discontinued because of Lok's attitude? Please...
"Can't stop addicted to the shindig!..."
upc
n00b

Post by upc »

Not once has anyone said we are under new management? You really need to learn to get your facts right mate. It states we have friendly new staff.

You have it all wrong Firebug. So 3 or 4 people out of hundreds who have had this problem must mean that our kit isn't right, I guess the other 90% of our customer base with these Gemini kits who havn't had a problem are wrong then.

You're only giving us bad publicity because you are offering a cheaper kit than ours and are wanting to undercut us.

That's fine mate, after our last 2 kits are sold we aren't doing kits for Gemini's anymore, they are all yours. It's a shame for our customers who were quite pleased with our product.
Jonno
Korean Jesus

Post by Jonno »

upc wrote:Not once has anyone said we are under new management? You really need to learn to get your facts right mate. It states we have friendly new staff.
Thanks for clarifying this, so we can guess that the new owners want to do right from previous negative feedback? If so I think the aim of the argument is the fact that as much as you think it does or the previous owners have led you believe that using the standard master cylinder would work sufficiently.

Obvious facts from most people are this isn't the case.
upc wrote:You have it all wrong Firebug. So 3 or 4 people out of hundreds who have had this problem must mean that our kit isn't right, I guess the other 90% of our customer base with these Gemini kits who havn't had a problem are wrong then.
I think the reality is that your probably right, however how many people who have the kits either
A. haven't bothered to install them as yet (like me)
or B. Just can't be bothered with the dealing with issue and send them to a machinist or brake shop to make things work.
Firebug read that he needed a master cylinder up grade (like me) cause the standard arrangement, like rotagem mentioned even with a brandnew/rebuilt one still has issues with pressure and pedal feel.
upc wrote:You're only giving us bad publicity because you are offering a cheaper kit than ours and are wanting to undercut us.
Lol I had wondered when this comment would come out. Lok15 is a multi million dollar operation that's really keen on under cutting the big business people in the world.
I heard he's also making Brembo kits as well.
upc wrote:That's fine mate, after our last 2 kits are sold we aren't doing kits for Gemini's anymore, they are all yours. It's a shame for our customers who were quite pleased with our product.
That's your business decision. As I mentioned earlier if infact the business has changed hands that's great nice work on the purchase however I'd be more working on having to attempt to I guess make amends with people who have had this negative experience with the previous owners and adjust a few things in your advertisements to counter so. I'd say a simple, yes it appears that if you run a rim with x centre bore you will require machining to suit.
Yes this may (may would have covered you if the consumer didn't know then discover how rubbish the brakes are with a standard 'reconditioned' booster) require the fitting of an after market brake booster

Business TIP > We offer these brake boosters for X amount.

If out of 100 people 95 are pleased of the product and 5 have had a s*#t run with it and make a note of it.
Odds are on there's more than 5 people who have had this problem.

See my comment about people who can't be bothered following up issues.

Good luck with the business and your future developments.
75 TX Coupe
GemiNats > https://www.facebook.com/GeminiNationals
#TurboFamily #Geminats #Bucketship
YT: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPKSHb ... akJ04sOYjw
upc
n00b

Post by upc »

Sorry but again, the business hasn't changed hands, it has new staff members, like myself :-)