Oh, If I Worked At Holden...

Photoshop, Paintshop Pro etc.. how to's
Photochop requests
stock_gem
Regular

Oh, If I Worked At Holden...

Post by stock_gem »

i've been meaning to draw this for a while, although this started off as a really rough doodle and i rubbed out all the lines and drew over them, so it's all wonky and s*#t. it looks rad to me though. i pretty much threw a TG and a VE in a blender.

it'd be RWD, 4cyl with turbo and turbo diesel optional, sedan, coupe and maybe a 4 door wagon/5 door hatchback. also there'd be a panel-van sort of car based off it, sharing the front doors, but no other panels except for the wagon's taillights.

so ozgem, would you own one?
Last edited by stock_gem on Fri Feb 32, 3043 13:75 pm; edited 3.14159265 times in total
Anthony_Gemini
Regular

Post by Anthony_Gemini »

I love the idea but I see way to much commodore for my liking
ajs991
Long Term Member

Post by ajs991 »

Nope. Its a mini commodore.
List of people I hate: You.
stock_gem
Regular

Post by stock_gem »

Hell, geminis always looked like mini commodores. I'm sure someone compliments your sick VL every other week.

Besides, if holden were to make it, it'd look like a holden, wouldn't it?

So what specificly would you change about it?
Last edited by stock_gem on Fri Feb 32, 3043 13:75 pm; edited 3.14159265 times in total
ajs991
Long Term Member

Post by ajs991 »

Ive never had mine called a commodore. Its either a Torana or a Datsun :lol:

Of course its going to look like a holden. Thats the problem. Imo all the current holdens look pretty s*#t.
List of people I hate: You.
stock_gem
Regular

Post by stock_gem »

Well I for one like the styling of VE's, well the front anyway. The ass on them is too big. I was trying to make this so at a distance you might mistake it for a TG, while modern-ing it up a bit, drawing inspiration from a new car.

If holden got over the copyright issues with the name, got it in their fat heads no one wants to drive pos korean econoboxes and made something like this, I'd take out a loan and buy one immediately.

Of course, only if it retained that charm geminis have that keeps us driving them.
Cazz
Regular

Post by Cazz »

If it's physically smaller than a commodore and is actually able to be worked on without taking it to a dealer, then yes. I would love one!
You put you left foot in, You put your right foot in , You take your left foot out and you slide it all about!
firebug
Regular

Post by firebug »

If it was slightly smaller than a Commodore, RWD, V8 and Super 6 optioned, 6 speed manual, and called 'Torana' then I'd own one... :D
"Can't stop addicted to the shindig!..."
stock_gem
Regular

Post by stock_gem »

firebug wrote:If it was slightly smaller than a Commodore, RWD, V8 and Super 6 optioned, 6 speed manual, and called 'Torana' then I'd own one... :D
well that'd be my dream current model midsize car, i'm more interested in the small car though ;)

and yes, half the point of this hypothetical gemini is that it would be easy to work on, the engine bay would be devoid of plastic coverings and there wouldn't be a single torx bit headed bolt or screw in sight. it would have a decent seating position, great steering and pedal responsiveness and class leading rear-visibility.