Elky's ZZ/T build up completed pics Pg 15

This Forum is here for any members who have any other Isuzus or Opels from around the world (or Australia) that they wish to post up pictures of. EG; bellets, I marks, luvs, rodeos, piazzas, chevettes, kaddets etc… Keep it to one thread per car.. if you get more pics etc, add them to your existing thread, DO NOT start a new one
elky
Gemini Master

Post by elky »

cleanin the zz/t 2day and fitting the rest of the decals....

show is 2morrow!!!

cheers
PF60 Kev
Long Term Member

Post by PF60 Kev »

So, How did the show go?
elky
Gemini Master

Post by elky »

show was good.....i didn't get to look at any other cars (except for a nanna 54000km rx-3) as i was busy talkin to many ppl about gem's

the cars at the show was a bit disapointing cuase there was LOTS of rice burners there> mirages/180sx's/starlets/ etc (all auto salon style)

if this was to b a true "JDM only show there would of been only 20 odd cars instead of 140ish cars

some ppl even complained about tezza's ca18 powered tx being there, even tho they were driving maunfacturer imported cars

i overheard some ppl saying my car was not a real jap gem :shock:

but otherwise most were gob smacked when i pulled out the brohcures and showed what we didn't get

cheers
SHEEL

Post by SHEEL »

elky wrote: i overheard some ppl saying my car was not a real jap gem :shock:
don't worry about that man.... people talk sh1t about my car at shows....its just the way it goes.

people are stupid.
elky
Gemini Master

Post by elky »

yea doesn't worry me, u gotta b a gemini trainspotter to really know....i could make a fake zz and very few would know.....

cheers
smidge
n00b

Post by smidge »

well done Elky, took me ages to find this thread but you've done an awesome job couldn't have hoped for a better outcome for a car that almost became scrap! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

its great to drive huh! :D
elky
Gemini Master

Post by elky »

yea now that it has a lsd it is very entertaining!

i fixed the non functioning cold start idle too...was a vacuum switch that was siezed....thanks to coxy (redzone) for throwin the right part my way that had been sitting in his toolbox for a few years...

cheers
elky
Gemini Master

Post by elky »

gettin the injector guy out 2 service the injectors this arvo, then am gonna put some octane boost in , and play with the timing

we got a skidpan day on sunday so i want more bang....if you wanna come up , u may get a entry on the day ...maybe

i only found out on sunday, so i didn't bother to post it up

gympie road craft driver training centre 8:00am

if u wanna c my zz drifting come up, tho i will b recording it too...

another couple horses would b good....

cheers
elky
Gemini Master

Post by elky »

injectors are now done.....all is good, i took it for a spin and am lookin forward to dorifto.....

makes me wanna regrind the cams and do some match portin.... :lol:

cheers
elky
Gemini Master

Post by elky »

yea the skid pan was good....i gotta learn how to drive it, with the lsd it slides ALOT more and caught me out heaps, but when it is drifting on the throttle it is really controllable

i didn;t really rev it too hard....next time i won't b so timid!

i will post up a short vid on youtube, i just figure out the cam settings as the file came out HUGE for a short clip...

it didn'd miss a beat either so i am really stoked, can't wait for the next one!

cheers
PF60 Kev
Long Term Member

Post by PF60 Kev »

I've been surprised at how well the DOHC likes to rev - and the ratios keep it on the boil nicely. Definately the best combo DOHC/LSD/CR 5 speed.

Makes me want to convert the other gems to DOHC....
Stable:
09 Commodore VE SSV ute
08 Commodore VE SSV sedan (now driven by the fiance)
86 Isuzu Gemini ZZ/R Coupe
80 Holden Gemini TE SL Sedan
80 Holden Gemini TE Gypsy Van
77 Holden Gemini TD Station Wagon
elky
Gemini Master

PICS!!!!

Post by elky »

I posted the completed pics of the zz in "gemmy of the week" about 1 mth ago but it seems that thread does not get updated very often, so i have put them here:

i still gotta do little things to it , as i feel the need to tinker, the head might b coming off to replace the welsh plugs, and i might tickle the ports a bit and regrind the cams while apart.

It goes pretty well for a stocker, and the LSD makes the car handle more postively, as turn in understeer can b dialed out with more throttle, unlike a open diff which will promote more understeer, it is prolly the best handling gem i have had to date, but i have yet to take it thru my test road to confirm this

cheers
yldgem
Long Term Member

Post by yldgem »

elky, is the trim similar to the houndstooth wool from the zz/z's as it looks similar ( bar the colour of course) or is it just fabric like the sl/x models??
elky
Gemini Master

Post by elky »

totally different material dude....the tweed used in zz/z's was australian s*#t that was low grade, the jap stuff is a lot more hard wearing

cheers
LOK15
Gemini Master

Post by LOK15 »

found an old link to it , from many years ago

http://www.hotgemini.com/cgi-bin/galler ... =227&os=45
Getting too old for this s*#t!!