Elky's ZZ/T build up completed pics Pg 15

This Forum is here for any members who have any other Isuzus or Opels from around the world (or Australia) that they wish to post up pictures of. EG; bellets, I marks, luvs, rodeos, piazzas, chevettes, kaddets etc… Keep it to one thread per car.. if you get more pics etc, add them to your existing thread, DO NOT start a new one
elky
Gemini Master

Post by elky »

car is still in the shop.... :cry:

i got the call on monday lunch, the diff was run WITHOUT oil :shock: and did i have another crownwheel/pinion pr for the lsd centre? i said yea i do but i am in brissy....so 3 hours later i had the spare bits down to them....then the bloke reckons the spare set might make some noise lookin at the teeth, as it came out of a zz lsd diff that shattered its sun gears, grrrrrr

so i said no worries i got a spare complete rear end at home i am can the crownwheel/pinion out of that.....so i get the axles and centre out only to findi it is a diesel center with 3.58 ratio f*#k!!!!!!

so they are goin with the second spare set i gave them, but they didn't have the right carrier bearings and had to order them in.....but they got sent to the wrong place and as of 4pm they still hadn't turned up!! double f*#k!!!!!

so looks like they are gonna have the car at least till thurs arvo...after reckoning it will only take a day.....

bugger!!!! better b worth it....

pics and vid soon

hopefully
elky
Gemini Master

Post by elky »

car is still in the shop....... :shock:
and it will b there at least till monday!!! talk about slack!

2 weeks to the show and there is stuff i wanna do....and next weekend is out workin on cars as i will b camped out on the couch watching bathurst!

so in better news, i got the jap spec tf/tg sports cluster 2day, cant wait to fit the 100km/hr buzzer!!!!!

so now i am prepping the rear sway bar/panhard rod for painting while i wait for the zz/t to come back from the diff shop

after that i got some parts today for the rotor coupe so i will b workin on that this weekend

cheers
elky
Gemini Master

zzt is go!

Post by elky »

i just got the car back 2day....lsd is in and it is tight! (toight like a tiger)
here is the result of a minor clutch dump....

here is a pic of the diff run without oil, u can just see scuffing on the driven surface of the teeth...

here is a good crownwheel off the lsd centre from japan, u can see the teeth are more uniform in finish...

here is the front end (still gotta p/coat the splash guard) and yes i know the oil filter has a dent in it....lol

and the super rare lsd disc brake diff....i just fitted up, painted nolethane panhard rod, and lower control arms as well[

URL=http://imageshack.us]Image[/URL]

now just doin little stuff, pretty much ready for the show....still gotta fix the cold start idle, and a few loose rattles

i took it for a strap around the industrial area b4 i put it on the trailer to take it home, no more whine! got a few looks too....

can't wait for the skid pan.......it just wants to step out when given curry.... :lol:
PF60 Kev
Long Term Member

Post by PF60 Kev »

That pic of the front supsension looks awesome - very factory looking. Now you need to detail the rest of the underside to match....
elky
Gemini Master

Post by elky »

yea everytime i look at it i think that......but i dunno if i will go that far....this car is gonna get dirty doin motorkhana's every so often....

actually it is pretty clean underneath, it's just that all the shiny stuff makes the rest look average...

cheers
elky
Gemini Master

Post by elky »

i fitted the overspeed buzzer 2day....when it hit's 105km/hr she starts to go ding....ding....ding

i guess u would b annoying but i like it

tested and verifyied on my elevated dyno.....(the hoist)

cheers
LOK15
Gemini Master

Post by LOK15 »

needs backmasking and underbody sound deadening , just to seal it up completely , plus improve the overall looks ( spare wheel well nice and blackened )
Getting too old for this s*#t!!
elky
Gemini Master

Post by elky »

nope no body deadener on this one....as is factory, maybe i might spray some white on the pans.....these jap cars have bugger all "sealer" and just dont seem to rust like the aussie ones

2 explanations>

1 is the holden stuff traps moisture as it ages

2 holden stamped bhp steel was more prone to rust

of all the jap gems i have seen the rust just dosent occur in the usual spots like the aussie ones.....tho i have seen pics of some pretty bad ones....

dunno....
dagwood
Regular

Post by dagwood »

vids of lsd in action or bannnnnnnnned
:D
06EMInick

Post by 06EMInick »

elky wrote:i fitted the overspeed buzzer 2day....when it hit's 105km/hr she starts to go ding....ding....ding

cheers
Damn that would be annoying. what happens on the way to Brisbane when half the trip has a 110km/h limit?
Buckna
Long Term Member

Post by Buckna »

06EMInick wrote:
elky wrote:i fitted the overspeed buzzer 2day....when it hit's 105km/hr she starts to go ding....ding....ding

cheers
Damn that would be annoying. what happens on the way to Brisbane when half the trip has a 110km/h limit?
nick, emma's first car was a toyota tercel, had the same thing, like a bell dinging whenever we hit 105. f*#k me did it get irritating. It also beeped inside the car when it was in reverse.
gene wrote:Lok for mod………………… HAHAHAAHAHA not realy???? LOL. When hell freezes over and cocks fall from the heavens
elky
Gemini Master

Post by elky »

well i dont think you would hear it at 105 or above, i could hardly hear it when the car was on the hoist in 5th with no road/wind noise

plus the zorst is a bit loud too

prolly never drive it bris anyways....not rego'd

i want it as original as possible....i reckon got the most original one now....

cheers
redzone (coxy)
Long Term Member

Post by redzone (coxy) »

my widebody starion has the 105 ding ding. u just turn up the stereo!
GARAGE REDZONE sunshine coast ph 07 54433507

1975 TX coupe 4ZD1 efi turbo 10.787 @ 123/128
1977 TC Fashion Pack sedan draw through turbo
1984 TG PF60E dohc Group A racecar
1984 TG Panelvan
2006 Crewman SS 6.0
elky
Gemini Master

Post by elky »

the zz/t is pretty much finished...just some minor stuff to do
can't wait for the skid pan....

i wil have finished pics next weekend....after it is detailed for the jap show

14th oct

if u wanna c the car in the flesh come to the show...free entry to spectators

cheers
SoYank
Has Fibre

Post by SoYank »

For you, elky. You & Darren are my co-heroes 8) :D 8) :lol: 8) :D 8) :lol: 8)

Springfield, the first city in America to abandon the metric system - Marge Simpson

- 1983 Isuzu I-Mark sedan
- 2003 Chevy Cavalier