Elky's ZZ/T build up completed pics Pg 15

This Forum is here for any members who have any other Isuzus or Opels from around the world (or Australia) that they wish to post up pictures of. EG; bellets, I marks, luvs, rodeos, piazzas, chevettes, kaddets etc… Keep it to one thread per car.. if you get more pics etc, add them to your existing thread, DO NOT start a new one
Buckna
Long Term Member

Post by Buckna »

hey elky.. is there supposed to be that cut in the front apron? or am i seeing things?

edit: never mind, noticed you modified it... :)

looks awesome, I'll have to come up to see it sometime soon :D
gene wrote:Lok for mod………………… HAHAHAAHAHA not realy???? LOL. When hell freezes over and cocks fall from the heavens
MRJUCY
Chatterbox

Post by MRJUCY »

love the job... top work
zzr81
Regular

Post by zzr81 »

Elky did it have the oil cooler?
elky
Gemini Master

zz/t

Post by elky »

no oil cooler, i guess was a option across the range,

rust wise heres the deal>

minor 2cm strip under bootseal, cut and welded up

bottom right of boot behind wheel, minor, could of been ground out and bogged , but i cut it out and welded a new section in,

top of right rear door under window seal , cut and welded (again so minor could of been ground/treated)

the rear left door had bog in it and rust spots, so i got a replacement from my many spares :lol:

NO rust in BOOT/ tailight recess, doors, guard bottoms, battery tray or behind front wheels

this car appeared to b 100% rust free , but as always you do find more you strip, this one is the best EVER that i have had!!!

when ppl say "rust free" i take that with a grain of salt!! i can usaully find more!!!

more pics soon
SoYank
Has Fibre

Post by SoYank »

here is the c pillar trim, this is moulded plastic, unlike our cheap masonite board and vinyl!!
Mine has the same type but 26 yrs of Florida sun have cooked it into the brittleness of a saltine!
It's cracked all to hades.
Oh well, interior color change is on my list (for later) as it is cream and a really bad light green. :?
Springfield, the first city in America to abandon the metric system - Marge Simpson

- 1983 Isuzu I-Mark sedan
- 2003 Chevy Cavalier
elky
Gemini Master

zz

Post by elky »

interesting....

i may buy a diesel i mark and bring it over!!! should b able to find some room in those big containers that they put cadillacs in!! (might even fit in the boot!) :lol:

yeah mine is starting to go chalky, was gonna trim it but it will get a coat of dye instead

cheers
elky
Gemini Master

zz

Post by elky »

here is some more pics, the front of the car is now straight, am workin on the rear quarters now,they have quite a few "outies" but so far no bog has been used on the pass side....is very slow work as i am not a panelbeater and prior to this never did any serious beating b4!!!

here is the guard tops being sealed up, this is so the section underneath doesn't get water soak and hence rust out, don't worry it was smoothed out and will b highfilled shortly....

i reckon it will sit now for a few weeks as i goto back work, and continue to pull gems apart, hopefully will b painted soon!!!
yldgem
Long Term Member

Post by yldgem »

Elky, whats the black tube thing near the passenger headlight?
SoYank
Has Fibre

Post by SoYank »

If you mean the thing sticking thru the rad support just inboard of the headlight hole mine has the same. It is an air tube connected by flex hose into the snout of the stock air filter housing to help bring in cooler outside air for the carb. The opening is off to the side instead of front facing to keep down catching debris. (like a periscope)
Springfield, the first city in America to abandon the metric system - Marge Simpson

- 2003 Chevy Cavalier
yldgem
Long Term Member

Post by yldgem »

another thing they left of the ozzy spec gems......
elky
Gemini Master

pipe

Post by elky »

yeah that would b useless in a carby gem tho....mine is efi and the a/f meter and airbox are where the battery normally goes

diesel gems have a similar set-up but suck sideways beside the headlight
Cuz
Regular

Post by Cuz »

Can I ask what you used to seal up the top corners of the guards?
elky
Gemini Master

guards

Post by elky »

i used sikaflex.....

u can use non hardening sealant but that can deform....

only prob with it is if the guard needs to b taken off...will crack the paint, but as this guard was already sikaflexed on , what's a bit more?

makes the joins look smooth

cheers
SoYank
Has Fibre

Post by SoYank »

My battery mounts on the RH side.
The only thing where that air tube comes thru is a relays junction box and the windshield washer reserviour/bottle.

- 2003 Chevy Cavalier
DryftKult
Long Term Member

Post by DryftKult »

make sure you use a non acid curing type of silicone if your sealing the guards otherwise it will eventually set off rust...... big time.