CHEVINI MK I (TC HATCH)

This Forum is here for any members who have any other Isuzus or Opels from around the world (or Australia) that they wish to post up pictures of. EG; bellets, I marks, luvs, rodeos, piazzas, chevettes, kaddets etc… Keep it to one thread per car.. if you get more pics etc, add them to your existing thread, DO NOT start a new one
Crazytim

CHEVINI MK I (TC HATCH)

Post by Crazytim »

this is my vauxhall chevette hatch...i bought it as a parts car mainly for the gem engine that was sitting under its bonnet for $1300 a year ago.
It also had 2xweber carbs with rebuild kits, 1x redline twin inlet (new in box) 5 spd g/box, the wheels(newly powder coated) and new tyres, new chrome air filters, new extractors...cant remember what else. Anyway it was a good deal. The engine was 4 my chevini (see under gemini project threads), i then picked up another chevette parts car for $200 in running condition...then i realised i had enough parts to build a complete stock chevette...o dear!
Last edited by Crazytim on Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Crazytim

Post by Crazytim »

Fazio
Regular

Post by Fazio »

they look awesome!
cool little car,
goodluck with the project.
got my te gemi for $220 :)
new coupe... project under construction
http://www.ozgemini.com/forums/non-tech ... ight=fazio
Crazytim

Post by Crazytim »

so after deciding to get the car goin (just to save it from the scrapheap)
figured id sell it off for gemini money...but got a lil carried away. It started off pale blue...its now matt black, only a spray can job but seems to be holding up well. It has the fore mentioned rostyle 13's newly powdercoated with new chrome trims and orig vauxhall chrome centre caps, put in exhaust from 2nd parts acr which had 3 resonators on it so for a 1256cc monster 4 banger it sounds ok... basicly whole car came apart and almost every piece was cleaned, stripped and painted (or polished) same for engine which was totaly stripped down to a short block, timing chain changed, block re-finished in hi temp chev orange, rocker cover and sump in gloss black and polished inlet, carb, front cover and misc alloy parts (which went a lil dull once sealed with hi-temp clear kote but hey-bummer! rather learn these things on the car i intend to sell rather than a keeper) cleanened stripped and painted tanks and brackets on radiator in chev orange...(along with heaps of other things...for sum reason the colors are funny on the photos)
Obviously this aint intended as a race car...just a reliable daily driver thats cheap 2 run but looks kinda cool.
And 2 all uf you who think chevettes are ugly remember this...theyre GOOD UGLY!!!
Crazytim

Post by Crazytim »

update...
i crashed her!!! but no worry not major, and the fulla who caused it is paying up...and theres better news... its getting a tx gemini front professionally mounted on it next week @ $0 cost to me!!! tin ass lucky buggar that i am, gana start charging people to rub my belly for luck!!
i mean the guy could have told me 2 get fuct or simply just kept driving...
i came round a corner @ about 80kph and he was coming from other direction turning across road and i locked up and slid into a 4x4 signpost.
Tuff lil car just banged up the nosecone rite between the bumpers. Lucky i have all those tx parts in the barn. Anyway no one was hurt which is the main thing and the car wasnt a rite-off which is the 2nd most important thing.

Should have pics up of a tx hatch by next weekend...wish me luck!! (or i cud just rub me belly lol) :twisted:
Crazytim

Post by Crazytim »

crash damage...bummer! :evil:
Crazytim

Post by Crazytim »

when i 1st got her back... sorry pics taken 4eva... got it back in december!! 2 my defence dont have a computer!! here it is!
Crazytim

Post by Crazytim »

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmine!!! scored sum cheviot turbos off an auction site too...will do very nicely 4 now!!
MR ZZZ
Chatterbox

Post by MR ZZZ »

That looks mad :twisted:
The Platypus has the brain of a Dolphin, and can be seen driving a forklift through it's habitat of kelp..........
Crazytim

Post by Crazytim »

thanx...jus cant wait 4 it 2 have the mad engine 2 go with it... cant complain tho the 1256cc monsta 4 banger is economical az!!
eskylid
Chatterbox

Post by eskylid »

any updates?
Crazytim

Post by Crazytim »

http://www.ozgemini.com/forums/non-tech ... hp?t=20509
http://www.ozgemini.com/forums/non-tech ... hp?t=20510
http://www.ozgemini.com/forums/non-tech ... 387#251387
3 reasons why there is no progress on the chevini. The only thing i can think of that iv done recently apart from maintenance for Warrant of fitness purposes is putting the heater box in which is a massive pain in the butt... they made up of 4 pieces of plastic which have to be assembled into a tite cavity and as i have now learned it needs installing before pretty much anything else, lesson learned for green chevini and new wagon... anyhow thinking of a major change for this girl... i recently wrecked an isuzu tx (same as tc/d) sedan. The rear end has been calling my name recently and i am thinking of attaching it to this car making a 2 door tx sedan... does anyone know who on this site has done this, i recall someone changed a 4 door sedan to a 2 door... kinda brasilian chevy chevette styles... will have a look but if someone knows lemme know!! thanx
Crazytim

Post by Crazytim »

fitted this grill earlier tonite...its a lower valance grill off a jag... looks soooo sexxxy, jus needs to be mounted 15-20mm higher but ill put it on me roundtooit list!!
Crazytim

Post by Crazytim »

just a few pics i took 2day...inspiring me to perform gemini goodness this weekend...TG wagon should be all go real soon!!
Crazytim

Post by Crazytim »

This is the matty B beast 1st time I saw her. Was dropped off by a car transporter from wellington to auckland, $400 some bucks. Was intened as a partser so I didnt take many pics...