Winton Funday Pics

Nimbus
Regular

Winton Funday Pics

Post by Nimbus »

Cruised up to Winton today for the funday with a few mates. Rod brought up his CDT. Was... Fun!

Pics

Looks like he's going to restore it fully back to original. Hopefully it gets done before the Ozday meet!

There were a couple of other gems

Other pics

^^ Got cash?!
Stockies.. :roll:
^^ Highlight for me!
^^ Hehe

I couldn't resist! I whacked on some 13's and Avon ACB10s.. Awsome grip!
The bus was tons of fun on the track!.. :lol:
Look kids! It's an internet forum!
GTX gem
Regular

Post by GTX gem »

good to see geminis still out and about

whats the rules with entering? do you have to have a cams licence, or go through scrutineering

also love the last pic of the nimbus in the commys slipstream ready to pass :D
Some say If you tune your radio to 88.4 FM you can actually hear his thoughts. All we know is, he's called The Stig.
Nimbus
Regular

Post by Nimbus »

Theres buggerall requirements for a funday. Good seatbelts, brake lights, either roadworthy or track rubber, no leaks, and a good throttle return spring.
Costs $30 for driver or passenger..

If you can get your hands on slicks or semi-comp tires you will have an awsome day. Even in a stock car. It isn't hard to track down second hand track tires with plenty of life left in them..

I live for fundays! :D

The driver of the stickytape mobile (that commodore), was flabbergasted that I could smoke him! :lol: Infact, nearly all the people that laughed at the bus at the start of the day, came over for a good look when I opened my bonnet.. :lol: (WRX drivers don't like nimbuses overtaking them mid-corner!) Avon tires rock!
cdtpf60
Regular

Post by cdtpf60 »

makes me want to get the pf60 running even sooner(damn not having money)look like you guy's had a ball.
paul
happiness is a cdt pf60 race car
now being worked on!!!!!!!
Nimbus
Regular

Post by Nimbus »

Yeppo! Quick quick.
Imagine seeing those two slug it out on the track! :shock: Especially when Rod turns his full stock again! It really needs the flairs on it to look the part I reckon.
It's awsome seeing a gem take down almost every other car on the track.
F3ARED

Post by F3ARED »

Nimbus - a mate went to one and he reckons it was a nightmare, all noobs to the track cutting you off left right center. How bad is it for someone thats never beenn?

Thinking of taking the DOHC TD but 165/65/13's arent productive to quick lap times lol
Previously GeminiCoupe/GeminiRollingShell/SCAR3D/Jonnoisac#nt

78 TD Gemini Sedan - R.I.P
81 TE Gemini Sedan
Nimbus
Regular

Post by Nimbus »

Yeah, it can be pretty frustrating when you wanna go full stick and some tool thinks it's a race and won't let you past..But thats the nature of it. It isn't hard to get stuck in the mindset that you have to get around everyone, and not let anyone pass you. This time there weren't as many people there as usual, so they let less people on the track at once. That speeds it up a fair bit. The last couple of sessions are grouse! Most people head home early, or cars break down during the day. The last session on sunday had about 6 cars all spread out. You could really let loose and not get held up.
For $30 it's awsome value. If someone comes up on me real quick, I get off the gas and let em through. If I'm stuck up someones arse and they are s!*tting me, I slow down for a bit to make some room.. Easy!

You get into the swing of it really quick if you're new. Everyone is on the job, so I reckon it's safer than commuting. Nobody is doin their makeup, changing CDs, or on the phone. They are concentrating on having fun.
If it feels too close for your comfort, wait a few sessions till it thins out.

Only problem is, we will miss the next one. We'll all be up north for Ozday!!

You gonna drive up with us? :wink:
Greg
F3ARED

Post by F3ARED »

Doubt ill be going Ozday got a bit on early Jan. Whens the next funday your actually attending? REALLY keen on going. I was going to take my TX [pwoar, prob 2yrs ago now?] but i blew the motor the week before [dickhead!]
Previously GeminiCoupe/GeminiRollingShell/SCAR3D/Jonnoisac#nt

78 TD Gemini Sedan - R.I.P
81 TE Gemini Sedan
Nimbus
Regular

Post by Nimbus »

Not sure when the next one after Ozday is.. I'll look it up. I'll make a big fuss and try get a heap of us going! :D
Bummer you can't come up north... Try work it out.. :D
headstrong
Regular
Location: putting my pets on facebook because i cbf paying them attention unless its online...

Post by headstrong »

GeminiCoupe wrote:Doubt ill be going Ozday got a bit on early Jan. Whens the next funday your actually attending? REALLY keen on going. I was going to take my TX [pwoar, prob 2yrs ago now?] but i blew the motor the week before [dickhead!]
cmon nick its end of jan... u can make it... twincam is running now...
Scroll down for the meaning of life.