Australia Day Meet

This forum is here for Australia wide events
Nimbus
Regular

Australia Day Meet

Post by Nimbus »

Hey all.
This is how the Port Macquarie Australia Day meet went for me. I have refrained from posting 300+ photos :wink:

Rod and I cruised over to Grants joint so we could convoy up together. You know, so the ultra reliable Nimbus could assist in the event of certain Gemini failure.. :lol:

As most of you are aware, the Nimbus was the cause of a 5 or so hour hold-up, I smashed my clutch plate on the freeway :oops:

A MASSIVE thanks to Grant, Gemicoupe (Nick), the bloke who had a spare one, and my mates Mike and Adam, who drove it out to us..
Before the unexplained (I dropped it in third and stood on it at 110) clutch disaster, I managed to hang out the window and squeeze off a few shots of the boys.

About the time we were supposed to be in Sydney, meeting up with the Seductive crew, 4am, we were still in Victoria..

We finally pulled into the park around 8pm the next day.. :roll:

Nice joint..

Here's some shots from that night

Ghost Tezz checks his car is locked!

The next morning.
I had to take one....

We were eating some toast when the call came in that the Maccas breakfast crew had organized a meet! Trin and I boarded the Tezz mobile and headed down!
Tezz reveals secret info!

Then it was off for a cruise. Which didn't manage to stay in formation. (Melbournians can cruise!)However, seeing as this should become an annual event, it's something as a group we need to address.. :lol:
Anyway.. Sheepz is happy with deployment!
Jonno and Jesus happily voicing their disregard for the seaside air quality!
Photographing the photographer!
Then we stopped again..

Back up the road there was a nice spot to line 'em up..
Some of the locals negotiated second story photos. Sadly, the shots were mostly obscured by palm trees and other landscaping paraphernalia!
Sorry Grant.

Then it was off again to burn around and check out the local coastline, which was tops.

We were then led, by I can only assume, our fearless leader, whom I never met, to a carpark of uncanny exact size for our gathering.. :?:

And then the camera battery went flat :roll:
We decided that although there were BBQ facilities where we were, they sucked. We headed back for lunch.
After lunch, the beers started flowing,(for me anyway), and I took less photos.

The beers were still flowing,(for me anyway), so a game of totem tennis was in order. Which didn't work. My giant ball, teamed with the rock hard ground, proved no good...

Anyway, by 10 or so, after catching 0 fish, a couple of drunken swims in the ocean, (for me anyway), this was the standard of photo..

:lol:
Along with these

Well, that pretty well sums up Port. That so called drinking competition that brewed up in off topic, was unintentionally won by me. I just had some fun, and ended up drinking twice that of everybody else combined :wink:
Was a good night, made some good mates, talked some s*#t, and even backed up Lok in a fight he started and couldn't lose! :lol: :wink:
Thanks everyone who attended and made this meet a great one. It must become an annual event!

THEN, Trin and I headed for Canberry, where we were treated to an awsome car scene, great hospitality and a ton of fun! Cheers to Jonno, Destie, Pin, and Sheepy for taking us in..

Heres some shots..

Desties machine..

Huh! Jonno gets his car into the meet thread without actually getting it started! :lol: :lol:
And one of the ute.. It's for sale you know.. :wink:

Here is what happens when you have an awsome car, a great location and a bit of time. Micheal's car came up great!

My favourite!

These photos are the low quality versions. If you want the Hi-res version let me know. There are tons more too. These photos are free to use for whatever you like, so long as it doesn't incriminate me or the subject.

All you gem owners who didn't come should be jealous, we had a great time!

Greg
Look kids! It's an internet forum!
LOK15
Gemini Master

Post by LOK15 »

excellent pics!!! cheers for that!
Getting too old for this s*#t!!
headstrong
Regular
Location: putting my pets on facebook because i cbf paying them attention unless its online...

Post by headstrong »

top stuff
hi res of my car and the groups with mine in it :D
email em headstrong6t9@hotmail.com wen u get the chance..
ChEeRz GrAnT
Scroll down for the meaning of life.
JORDZ GEM-70Y

Post by JORDZ GEM-70Y »

awesome pics boys
Jonno
Korean Jesus

Post by Jonno »

Lol!

some great pics nimbus.

Look at danmans diesel. Sitting in the passenger seat i didn't realise how much smoke was coming out of the back!

The old man made the cut
And my ute lol!
(the gem a little early though i haven't finished it and was going to put pics up when its driving around again)

Nick will be over the moon with those pics to!
75 TX Coupe
GemiNats > https://www.facebook.com/GeminiNationals
#TurboFamily #Geminats #Bucketship
YT: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPKSHb ... akJ04sOYjw
sheepz89
Chatterbox

Post by sheepz89 »

and u were out the window when that idiot decided to drive on the wrong side of the road hahaha those long exposure photo's we took under the bridge here in act look AWESOME!! i'm in one of them ;)
Urban Dictionary wrote:sheepy:
Person that is deemed utterly useless most often due to a hangover and is in need of a "sheep" herder
FLAMIN2DOORTX
n00b

Post by FLAMIN2DOORTX »

Greg Love all your photos man am I stretching the friendship if I ask that you either e-mail or burn onto a CD all pics of my car ??
Flamin2doortx......."Flaming for the RAAF"
Danman
Danmother

Post by Danman »

WOW! Its just like being there! nice work.

Diesel power! :lol:
Jonno
Korean Jesus

Post by Jonno »

FLAMIN2DOORTX wrote:Greg Love all your photos man am I stretching the friendship if I ask that you either e-mail or burn onto a CD all pics of my car ??
x2 Do all of em man.

Ill send you cd if need be :P
75 TX Coupe
GemiNats > https://www.facebook.com/GeminiNationals
#TurboFamily #Geminats #Bucketship
YT: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPKSHb ... akJ04sOYjw
seductive autostylez

Post by seductive autostylez »

x 3 please i'll also send you a cd if needed or a dvd as well
my other rides a garbage truck
Nimbus
Regular

Post by Nimbus »

Thanks guys. Did I miss anyone's car, or forget part of the story? :D

Maybe I could work out how to RAR them all together or something and put the file somewhere it could be downloaded by others..?? Easier than CD's and post...

The file should be smaller than 500MB if the files are 2130x1400.. Only a few of Mike's car under the bridge look good at 4000x3000 odd.. Which is massive. Would print up into a poster well though!

Just got no idea where to send it though.. Any of you blokes net savvy enough to explain a way to do it?

Greg
Look kids! It's an internet forum!
LOK15
Gemini Master

Post by LOK15 »

host them as a torrent file on mininova.org , but be prepared to have a lot of downloads!!!!
Getting too old for this s*#t!!
skittles
n00b

Post by skittles »

hey lok if i ask really nicely once you have a copy can yuo burn it for me please as im on el crapo dial up til we get cable connected at new place
was mzseductive but ain't no more
Gemi Coupe
Long Term Member

Post by Gemi Coupe »

if you dont want to do it as a torrent, then you can also use Rapidshare.
http://rapidshare.com/

it'll allow single files of upto 100mb. so you may need to rar it in 4 or 5 seperate archives, but once its loaded up, just put up the link and anyone can download it, you dont need to keep your computer on and seeding.
84holden_turbo
Chatterbox

Post by 84holden_turbo »

who took all the photos .. awesome picture quality....!! shame the links for the piss up photos etc aren't working.... might have to make the trip myself in 2010 if gem is up and going give this mr nimbus a run for his money lmao.... (skulls a beer .... ) ooo its on..! lmfao
I may only have one nut but i still have more balls than you..!!