OzGemini Interstate Meet. 2011

This forum is here for Australia wide events
Gemi Coupe
Long Term Member

Post by Gemi Coupe »

^^^^

Definately worth looking at. Chances are the truckie will be happy for you guys to travel in convoy with him too, so you can stay with your cars at all times too.
EVL WON
Long Term Member

Post by EVL WON »

Oh I'm serious about coming.
I'm not keen on driving the whole way in EVLWON though, so carriers to at least Adelaide are it.
Some of the previous comments make it sound like some driving nirvana in NSW. 8)
“Horsepower makes you fast in a straight line, lightness makes you fast everywhere” - Colin Chapman
Jonno
Korean Jesus

Post by Jonno »

LOK15 wrote:$10 PW saved will net just over $500 for the trip next year!!!

Open up an account and start saving.

I sure as fuk dont wanna hear " i lost my license" or " my water pumps broken " or any other lame excuse because you were too assed to save a tenner a week which could have gone towards a new water pump..

i went down with car overheating whole way.. car was rego'd 2 days before we left , so no excuses ( unless there is a death in the family )
Fking Oath man!
I'll have bags of cement on hand to dish out to any one who goes soft next time around :D

Gemi coupe & EVLWON thats a rad idea.
75 TX Coupe
GemiNats > https://www.facebook.com/GeminiNationals
#TurboFamily #Geminats #Bucketship
YT: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPKSHb ... akJ04sOYjw
headstrong
Regular
Location: putting my pets on facebook because i cbf paying them attention unless its online...

Post by headstrong »

LOK15 wrote:$10 PW saved will net just over $500 for the trip next year!!!

Open up an account and start saving.

this years trip took me 3 tanks of fuel ( stock 2lt modded carby with 5 speed ) accommodation for 3 days was $147 - this will be cheaper hopefully with a new venue, food was approx $70 all up including munchies during the day.

Its not as expensive as people think , so now you know rough costs , you know that for under $500 you can have a pretty good weekend and meet some interstaters , lounge around , and enjoy a relaxing weekend..

I sure as fuk dont wanna hear " i lost my license" or " my water pumps broken " or any other lame excuse because you were too assed to save a tenner a week which could have gone towards a new water pump..

i went down with car overheating whole way.. car was rego'd 2 days before we left , so no excuses ( unless there is a death in the family )
you know funny you should say that..... i had a death in the family on the wednesday before the weekend and the funeral was the wednesday following and i was still on my way but more than a water pump snapped.... other will vouch for the death.. you all know about my unfortunate luck already
Scroll down for the meaning of life.
LOK15
Gemini Master

Post by LOK15 »

headstrong wrote:
LOK15 wrote: so no excuses ( unless there is a death in the family )
you know funny you should say that..... i had a death in the family........................................................ and i was still on my way but more than a water pump snapped.... other will vouch for the death.. you all know about my unfortunate luck already

Take this mans lead....

he doesnt have to drink concrete.. he IS the concrete.....

Def gets the 2010 hard luck award for the trip..

Still yet to hear what happened to the motor dude... or did i miss the post somewhere?
Getting too old for this s*#t!!
headstrong
Regular
Location: putting my pets on facebook because i cbf paying them attention unless its online...

Post by headstrong »

yer i posted it up somewhere..
but when we pulled the engine out and started stripping it the head bolts where no longer torqued down (one or 2 where not much tighter than finger tight) so theory is they stretched and/or the head is too soft... also the weber was running way to rich and was washing the bores so glazing had started to occur and the rings wern't bedding in properly but that didnt cause it to fail so basically the head has to be hardness tested and taken from there, new headbolts and a hone....
Scroll down for the meaning of life.
JaZZZa
Regular

Post by JaZZZa »

im keen for the trip over as well, but just getting time off to make the trip as well as the weekend could be a bit tricky

2012 ill 100% be there thou, im driving my gemini around aus and will make sure ill b there a good week in advance :)
elky
Gemini Master

Post by elky »

EVL WON wrote:Oh I'm serious about coming.
I'm not keen on driving the whole way in EVLWON though, so carriers to at least Adelaide are it.
Some of the previous comments make it sound like some driving nirvana in NSW. 8)
The drive across the nulla is awesome, as long as you got a comfy car with a big bar on the front! I am keen to do it again, last time we went back east to SA we were only doing 75km/hr as the box in the car was very unwell...

i wouldnt do it in a gem...well maybe a diesel with soft springs... :D

I am keen for next year hopefully , but we will trailer the ZZ, as the family will be coming too...

or maybe i could just buy a shitbox down there and drive that around! :lol:
Germinator
Long Term Member

Post by Germinator »

I'd do Perth to Sydney in a diesel Gemini!

Did Albury to Cairns (around 3200km with deviations) in a fully loaded Diesel Gemini and we did it non stop except for a few meal and toilet shower stops on the way. I fitted van rear springs just so I had the suspension firmness and height to cope with the extra load. We were following the storm from a cyclone that had been downgraded to a tropical depression and it was pissing down rain most of the last half of the drive. We had to re-track just over the Qld border and alter course when we found the road ahead had flash flooded.

Lets face it, driving a Gemini is part of the fun, it ISN'T a later model comfortable car and that's part of what it's all about.

I do not give permission for anyone to reproduce content from my posts.
Reposting any of my forum posts (or substantial parts thereof) breaches the copyright act.