Gemini Interstate Meet - Kiama 2011 Easter Long Weekend

This forum is here for Australia wide events
NANKERVIS08
Regular

Post by NANKERVIS08 »

Lil Willsy wrote:
Crazytim wrote:
tezza wrote:
did the vibration come and go... I have a mystery vibration hits at around 100km/h and stops after about 110km... sorry for thread hijack was admiring pics.... jealous of so many awesome gemmi's in one place, NZ scene is a tad different, only way you could have a heap of one make/model is if it were yuk skylines or similar, and that would attract the cops like a fiddler attracts a square dance!
hahaha one of my mates has a wagon doing this, he is still trying to find what it is that is doing it, so far, replaced diff, tailshaft, wheel bearings, torque tube rubber, pretty soon he is replacing his gearbox..
ever think that the rims wernt balanced properly?

just an idea lol
hooking up boost gauges correctly since I installed my first one
Lil Willsy
A Nice Guy

Post by Lil Willsy »

NANKERVIS08 wrote:
Lil Willsy wrote:
Crazytim wrote: hahaha one of my mates has a wagon doing this, he is still trying to find what it is that is doing it, so far, replaced diff, tailshaft, wheel bearings, torque tube rubber, pretty soon he is replacing his gearbox..
ever think that the rims wernt balanced properly?

just an idea lol
tryed different wheels it was the first thing he tryed, and it makes no difference, its only doing it between 98Kph and 115kph, no other time.
TD. daily.
TE 2dr
Kevin wills 6/7/08

I Don't Like Hills...
Jonno
Korean Jesus

Post by Jonno »

Actually come to think of it mine does this at 110 for about 10 seconds.

only does it when I'm hard on the power though So i figured it was just the car
75 TX Coupe
GemiNats > https://www.facebook.com/GeminiNationals
#TurboFamily #Geminats #Bucketship
YT: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPKSHb ... akJ04sOYjw
Shadowmilo
Regular

Post by Shadowmilo »

Lil Willsy wrote:
Crazytim wrote:
tezza wrote:
did the vibration come and go... I have a mystery vibration hits at around 100km/h and stops after about 110km... sorry for thread hijack was admiring pics.... jealous of so many awesome gemmi's in one place, NZ scene is a tad different, only way you could have a heap of one make/model is if it were yuk skylines or similar, and that would attract the cops like a fiddler attracts a square dance!
hahaha one of my mates has a wagon doing this, he is still trying to find what it is that is doing it, so far, replaced diff, tailshaft, wheel bearings, torque tube rubber, pretty soon he is replacing his gearbox..
I got a rattle in my dash too, sound like a tiny ball bouncing around inside the air vents, but when you push the dash, it stops. All the screws are tigth etc. Idk wtf it is lol
tezza
Regular

Post by tezza »

Shadowmilo wrote:
Lil Willsy wrote:
Crazytim wrote: hahaha one of my mates has a wagon doing this, he is still trying to find what it is that is doing it, so far, replaced diff, tailshaft, wheel bearings, torque tube rubber, pretty soon he is replacing his gearbox..
I got a rattle in my dash too, sound like a tiny ball bouncing around inside the air vents, but when you push the dash, it stops. All the screws are tigth etc. Idk wtf it is lol
Didnt you see the Supercheap ad. Have you checked the ashtray for your GF's earings.
Drive fast..Take risks!
Crazytim

Post by Crazytim »

Lil Willsy wrote:
NANKERVIS08 wrote:
Lil Willsy wrote: ever think that the rims wernt balanced properly?

just an idea lol
tryed different wheels it was the first thing he tryed, and it makes no difference, its only doing it between 98Kph and 115kph, no other time.

ditto with wheels... f*#k.
car is in bits getting some love at the mo... cant find my project thread on here to update.
mite swap gearbox for one of my many other 5speeds while engine/box out... will let ya know if any joy
(if I get around to changing box :? )
Started as a split seam across trans tunnel had to remove heater/dash and g/box so decided to do some rust repairs in the engine bay and gut whole bay out and freshen up... taking forever!
Crazytims Chevini (Chevette Hatch with TX Gemini front panels) currently in the build... watch this space!!
http://www.ozgemini.com/forums/non-tech ... 9&start=30