Gemini Interstate Meet - Kiama 2011 Easter Long Weekend

This forum is here for Australia wide events
shiftyphuka
Regular

Post by shiftyphuka »

there is a cpl not in these photos..as jamie said check fb holden gemini owners page..I put my cpl up from the cruise..plus a heap of other gem pics
78 TD Custom UTE
82 TF Panelvan
78 TD Sedan / Drift Spec
LOK15
Gemini Master

Post by LOK15 »

once i unpack the car i'll sort out my photos.
There isnt too many unfortunately , but i did try get some ones whilst driving ( and yes germy , i was on the phone whilst trying to keep up around the twisty sections , and holding onto a camera out the window while on the downhill sections thru all the turns ).

Was a fun day..

Pics soon!
Germinator
Long Term Member

Post by Germinator »

Oh. I thought you were waving to the Lyre birds.... :wink:

I could see that, I was right behind you the whole time. The picks should be pretty good, different angles and showing real 'action'.

I was thinking it would have been good if someone with a quality SLR digital went ahead at some of those really twisty bends that dropped sharply and got some low angle shots. I went round that last really tight downhill bend with the inside wheels just skipping the ground. It cut in beautifully under throttle. I'll just stick inside the ripple strips next time though, that first big drop was 'extreme'. :shock:

I do not give permission for anyone to reproduce content from my posts.
Reposting any of my forum posts (or substantial parts thereof) breaches the copyright act.
Andrew64
Regular

Post by Andrew64 »

Here's a few I took:
Here's Lok and Germi:
Will we fit and save some fuel.
Kerry and the Group C 48 Coupe:
Image ©2009
dbart1961
Long Term Member

Post by dbart1961 »

shiftyphuka wrote:17 or 18 gems and a cpl support cars
There was actually 15 gems in the cruise plus a commo ute and a magna.
Regards, Dave
Germinator
Long Term Member

Post by Germinator »

Kerry doesn't realise it yet but we are bringing a set of 'spare' plates and this one is going to be in the next cruise too! :wink:

Reposting any of my forum posts (or substantial parts thereof) breaches the copyright act.
Jonno
Korean Jesus

Post by Jonno »

18 geminis not including this race car attended the meet.

I've included the two JTs that met us at the pub, Rick said they were going to come and meet us at the original meet point but they were running late.

Also Martins coupe wasn't used for the cruise but still attended the weekend.

:wink:
75 TX Coupe
GemiNats > https://www.facebook.com/GeminiNationals
#TurboFamily #Geminats #Bucketship
YT: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPKSHb ... akJ04sOYjw
Shadowmilo
Regular

Post by Shadowmilo »

Can't do one thats in the 2nd end of the year, and north from sydney? I would of loved to come on that cruise, and next years, but its too far away from me xD

Anything good thats like 50km's north of sydney? got any good places there somewhere?

Idk, never been on these cruises, and when i wanted to do it, it changed to the lower end of Oz thats too far away haha. xD
NANKERVIS08
Regular

Post by NANKERVIS08 »

Shadowmilo wrote:Can't do one thats in the 2nd end of the year, and north from sydney? I would of loved to come on that cruise, and next years, but its too far away from me xD

Anything good thats like 50km's north of sydney? got any good places there somewhere?

Idk, never been on these cruises, and when i wanted to do it, it changed to the lower end of Oz thats too far away haha. xD

what?
hooking up boost gauges correctly since I installed my first one
Shadowmilo
Regular

Post by Shadowmilo »

NANKERVIS08 wrote:
Shadowmilo wrote:Can't do one thats in the 2nd end of the year, and north from sydney? I would of loved to come on that cruise, and next years, but its too far away from me xD

what?
Ppl were saying, same place next year, i was just asking if we could do another cruise, in maybe sep-oct-nov sometime, and have it north of sydney, so i might be able to come.

Hey, its only a question, you dont need to change or make any new plans on account of one person, was just asking lol

EDIT: Oh, srry i thought kiamba was south, not north lol. Well kiamba was 600kms away from me, if only there was a cruise maybe like 300-400, i could probs make it, xD

Anyways.
Germinator
Long Term Member

Post by Germinator »

Kiama is just a bit south of Wollongong (about 500 odd km for me) and it was even more for a load of others. A number of people came from Melbourne, Bathurst and surrounds, Sydney and Brisbane as well as other rural areas.

The idea was to set a location to suit people from the southern states. The two previous years have been sited closer to the people from Qld.

I wasn't at these previous events but I believe there were some problems with the camp area at Port that didn't arise here. The Kiama park was pretty small but the access was easy (no security systems to have to pass through) and they have this (really dark skinned) mystery African security man who 'just appeared' out of the night and vanished again... Kinda bizarre really, everyone was intrigued by his ability to stealth in and out.

NANKERVIS08
Regular

Post by NANKERVIS08 »

Germinator wrote:and they have this (really dark skinned) mystery African security man who 'just appeared' out of the night and vanished again... Kinda bizarre really, everyone was intrigued by his ability to stealth in and out.
il say it...
cause he's black
hooking up boost gauges correctly since I installed my first one
Jonno
Korean Jesus

Post by Jonno »

Apparently he was hired by the local council.

Although didn't prevent MY f*#cking VALVE CAPS GETTING NICKED :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
75 TX Coupe
GemiNats > https://www.facebook.com/GeminiNationals
#TurboFamily #Geminats #Bucketship
YT: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPKSHb ... akJ04sOYjw
Shadowmilo
Regular

Post by Shadowmilo »

Germinator wrote:Kiama is just a bit south of Wollongong (about 500 odd km for me) and it was even more for a load of others. A number of people came from Melbourne, Bathurst and surrounds, Sydney and Brisbane as well as other rural areas.

The idea was to set a location to suit people from the southern states. The two previous years have been sited closer to the people from Qld.

I wasn't at these previous events but I believe there were some problems with the camp area at Port that didn't arise here. The Kiama park was pretty small but the access was easy (no security systems to have to pass through) and they have this (really dark skinned) mystery African security man who 'just appeared' out of the night and vanished again... Kinda bizarre really, everyone was intrigued by his ability to stealth in and out.
True. Just asking cause i only just got my P's and dont feel like i would make a journey like that, on roads i've never gone on xD lol
But hey, maybe next year? XD
dbart1961
Long Term Member

Post by dbart1961 »

WTF is "XD"?
Regards, Dave