Much love you bunch of homos.
75 TX Coupe
GemiNats > https://www.facebook.com/GeminiNationals
#TurboFamily #Geminats #Bucketship
YT: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPKSHb ... akJ04sOYjw
shiftyphuka
Regular

Post by shiftyphuka »

Gem Luv Jonno.....Gem Luv....lets change the cruise route up alil..not completely..ask dave..theres plenty of other decent routes.we could incorperate into the old 1..wouldnt mind goin up that tight mt we went down..but plenty of time to sort that out yet,,,u fairys and softies who didnt make this 1..start preparin now. for the GEMINI INTERSTATE MEET 2012
78 TD Custom UTE
82 TF Panelvan
78 TD Sedan / Drift Spec
Germinator
Long Term Member

Post by Germinator »

There is a tighter mountain road with the best curves and climbs, the Jamberoo Mountain Road opposite the Robertson pie shop. I went down that way on the way to Kiama and it's challenging. There are quite a few good roads in the area.

The biggest issue I see is the number of speed cameras camouflaged all over the place. That whole area seems to be a hot spot for cameras. I'll be surprised if none of us picked up a speeding ticket. Especially worrying that it was a double demerit point weekend so P platers only have to get one fine to blow their licence.

I do not give permission for anyone to reproduce content from my posts.
Reposting any of my forum posts (or substantial parts thereof) breaches the copyright act.
elky
Gemini Master

Post by elky »

so how many GEMS turned up?

i gots to know brother...
dbart1961
Long Term Member

Post by dbart1961 »

15 Elky! :)
Hey Germy, What speed cameras?
Regards, Dave
tezza
Regular

Post by tezza »

Well , finally made it home last night. Except for the mistery vibration everthing ran smoothly. Covered 2554km by the odo. The wags was my daughters daily driver so all you "maybe next year's' better have some more cars there next meet. I passed a Corvette,MG.Morris and Falcon GT club on the way home so next year we need to overrun Kiama with Gems.
Drive fast..Take risks!
Germinator
Long Term Member

Post by Germinator »

dbart1961 wrote:Hey Germy, What speed cameras?
LOL I had a feeling people might say that.

There were a dozen or more positioned at ground level all over the place. The town of Berry was littered with them, I saw at least 6 there in the one pass through. Each time I drove through it they had been relocated to a different position, some were paired on opposite sides of the road at the same spot, some were on their own. There was a pair at Gerringong as well.

The one I was most critical about was chained to the 50/100km/h speed sign on the Kiama side of Berry pointing in to the 50km/h zone. You came round a corner down a slight dip and the speed sign with camera was right at the base of the up hill slope as you exited the 50km/h zone, the road turns right as it starts up the hill. It didn't look like it was in a position for any logical safety reason, just a cash cow. Be interested to see the history of that position to see if it had some past incidents. The ONLY reference to mobile speed camera locations I can find in Berry is to one of the side roads called Gerroa Rd, between Berry and Shoalhaven townships. There is no reference to locations on the Princes Hwy in Berry.

There was one that looked similar to this (had a much bigger round glass window in the front for the camera lens) which was disguised to look like a traffic counter with two rubber hoses across the road looking like this:

Most had a red/yellow mesh netting draped over them.

Reposting any of my forum posts (or substantial parts thereof) breaches the copyright act.
Germinator
Long Term Member

Post by Germinator »

tezza wrote:Well , finally made it home last night. Except for the mistery vibration everthing ran smoothly. Covered 2554km by the odo. The wags was my daughters daily driver so all you "maybe next year's' better have some more cars there next meet. I passed a Corvette,MG.Morris and Falcon GT club on the way home so next year we need to overrun Kiama with Gems.
Did that tail shaft change make any difference to the vibrations??

Andrew64
Regular

Post by Andrew64 »

No it didnt
Image ©2009
LOK15
Gemini Master

Post by LOK15 »

a board placed infront of them would render them useless
Germinator
Long Term Member

Post by Germinator »

So would a can of spray paint!! :wink:

The stuff they had draped over them looked like this stuff:

It would have been close enough to the lens with the camera aperture set to see right past it with no distortion of the image.

dbart1961
Long Term Member

Post by dbart1961 »

Germinator wrote:
tezza wrote:Well , finally made it home last night. Except for the mistery vibration everthing ran smoothly. Covered 2554km by the odo. The wags was my daughters daily driver so all you "maybe next year's' better have some more cars there next meet. I passed a Corvette,MG.Morris and Falcon GT club on the way home so next year we need to overrun Kiama with Gems.
Did that tail shaft change make any difference to the vibrations??
Loosen off the torque tube mounting bracket and let it rest in a different spot, then re tighten. Probabl just slightly misaligned.
Regards, Dave
gemsince88
Regular

Post by gemsince88 »

Germinator wrote:
dbart1961 wrote:Hey Germy, What speed cameras?
LOL I had a feeling people might say that.

There were a dozen or more positioned at ground level all over the place. The town of Berry was littered with them, I saw at least 6 there in the one pass through. Each time I drove through it they had been relocated to a different position, some were paired on opposite sides of the road at the same spot, some were on their own. There was a pair at Gerringong as well.
I was under the impression they have to have signage saying your speed was checked.
RTA wrote:Will the program be covert?

No, the cameras are not hidden, however, their locations will be less predictable than fixed speed cameras. Drivers are reminded they should not exceed the speed limit regardless of the presence of enforcement.
Is there signage warning motorists on the approach to the cameras?

There is signage after the mobile speed camera vehicle to alert drivers that their speed has been checked so they have the opportunity to modify their behaviour. There is no advance warning on the approach to these cameras.
http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/roadsafety/sp ... _faqs.html

Did anyone see these signs? I didn't!
Germinator
Long Term Member

Post by Germinator »

I looked for the small hanging frame signs you usually see with car mounted cameras etc but saw none. The whole area is peppered with general "Speed Cameras Used In NSW" signs. That may be all they need to display.

gemsince88
Regular

Post by gemsince88 »

Maybe! If I get a ticket, I'll be arguing the point.