HillClimb Nationals 2015

This forum is here for Australia wide events
firebug
Regular

Re: HillClimb Nationals 2015

Post by firebug »

Jonno wrote:f*#k you!
Hmm. I'll take that as that you are disinclined to acquiesce to my request.

Same setup as last year then guys... :)
"Can't stop addicted to the shindig!..."
Jonno
Korean Jesus

Post by Jonno »

Lol sweet
75 TX Coupe
GemiNats > https://www.facebook.com/GeminiNationals
#TurboFamily #Geminats #Bucketship
YT: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPKSHb ... akJ04sOYjw
Cazz
Regular

Post by Cazz »

I'm keen, just need to sell my current ute and buy an XR6 ute. Then either I'll race that or if someone wants to give me a steer of their car, I'll do that. Pay for fuel/ entry etc.
You put you left foot in, You put your right foot in , You take your left foot out and you slide it all about!
Jonno
Korean Jesus

Post by Jonno »

Bill Can you call/text me your number?
My new phone didn't port all the numbers across correctly so I can call/message you.

So as it stands are we going ahead with the same arrangement as last year?

$80 buy in plus what ever other s*#t you need? (I.e. L1 CAMS licence)
(Just remembered my L2S was due for renewal last month FK)

Let me know I've got $80 for entry ready to go.

Oh and it's to go into this account yeah?

Account Name: Bill Kelly
Account Number: 718086345
BSB Number: 637 000
Reference: (your username)
Amount: $80
firebug wrote:Hey guys, here is a link to your entry form to the event. Please print it off and have it filled out before the morning of the hillclimb. This is so we can keep the admin duties to a minimum.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b2v589mh69hlo ... 42014.docx

Also below is the Supplementary Regs for the event. Please read them. It's all pretty straight forward and somewhat the same as last year...

MG CAR CLUB NEWCASTLE SUPPLEMENTARY REGULATIONS COME & TRY HILLCLIMB

The event will be known as “Come and Try Hillclimb” hereafter referred to as THE EVENT.
The event format will be a NON-COMPETIVE EVENT.

1. THE EVENT will be held under the International Sporting Code of the FIA and the National Competition Rules of CAMS, the Speed Event Standing Regulations published by CAMS. CAMS Passenger in Vehicle Guidelines, these Supplementary Regulations and any Further Regulations that are issued. This Event will be conducted under and in accordance with CAMS OH&S and Risk Management Policies, which can be found on the CAMS website at http://www.cams.com.au

2. THE EVENT will be held on: 19/4/2014 At: Ringwood Park Motor Sport Complex Hillclimb, Italia Road Balickera (North Raymond Terrace)
STARTING TIME WILL BE 9.30 AM
FINISHING TIME WILL BE 4.00PM

3. THE EVENT will be conducted under CAMS Permit No: (TBA) which has been issued and will be displayed at the event.

4. THE EVENT will be organised and promoted by a committee from: M.G. Car Club Newcastle.

6. THE CAMS STEWARD for the event will be:
Steward: Doug Rae. Grade: Silver No.888125

7. OFFICIALS OF THE MEETING will be:
Clerk of Course: Bryn Baverstock. Grade: Bronze No.9893760
Event Secretary: Kerry Woollard. Grade: Bronze No.9912200
Vehicle Checker: Jim Gardiner. Grade: Silver No.9911040

8.ENTRIES
a) Maximum number of driver entries for the Event: 35.
b) Maximum number of drivers per vehicle: 3
c) Entries will be accepted in order of receipt. The organisers reserve the right to refuse entry in accordance with NCR 83 of the Current CAMS Manual.
d) Entries must be sent to the Event Secretary on a properly completed Entry Form with appropriate fee paid by cheque or credit card.
e) Money orders should be made payable to: MG CAR CLUB NEWCASTLE
and mailed with entry form to: Secretary of Event. PO Box 1752 Newcastle 2300 (this is taken care of)
f) Entries Open on the Saturday 12th of April and Close at 9.00 am Saturday 19th of April
g) All participants will be asked to present their current CIVIL DRIVERS LICENCE during the completition of the document checking with the Event Secretary.

9. MINIMUM LICENCES:
Current CAMS Level L2S, with current CAMS club membership are compulsory. Otherwise a CAMS L1 licence must be purchased on the day at the event at a cost of $25.00.

10. VEHICLE SAFETY CHECK:
Will be held at: Ringwood Park from 8.00 AM - 9.00 AM
a) All vehicles must comply with Schedules A & B of the CAMS General Requirements for Automobiles (as specified in the CAMS Manual), including a fire extinguisher (extinguishers were exempt last year); blue triangle (for battery) and a secondary method for fastening the bonnet.
b) Maximum Noise limit: 95 dB(a) fast response, at 30 meters drive by. When monitored by the MGCC Ncle. and its approved equipment, any car found to exceed the maximum noise emission limit will be suspended from the event.
c) The Event will not be delayed due to late arrivals. It is the drivers’ responsibility to ensure their vehicles have been inspected before the scheduled starting time of the Event. Drivers must attend the Vehicle Safety Check personally so that their driving apparel can be checked.

11. DRIVERS BRIEFING will be held at: 9.00AM It is compulsory for ALL drivers to attend. Safety Checks will cease whilst the drivers’ briefing is in progress.
“Sign-on” sheet must be signed by all drivers to prove briefing attendance.

12. DRIVER SAFETY:
Drivers must wear safety equipment that complies with Schedule D of the current CAMS Manual, including
a) A helmet that complies with AS1698 or better (as per the current CAMS Manual of Motorsport) and carries marking to that effect, or is otherwise specifically approved by CAMS.
b) Non-flammable clothing, including cover from throat to wrists to ankles (apparel of nylon or similar material is forbidden). Flame retardant overalls, or better, are highly recommended
c) Suitable flame retardant footwear (thongs, open sandals, high-heeled shoes and nylon joggers are forbidden.
d) In open cars, goggles or a visor with a lens material other than glass (to AS1609) are mandatory as are leather or Nomex gloves which entirely cover the hands.

13. PASSENGERS IN VEHICLES.
Will not be allowed during this event.

14. MEDICAL FACILITIES: Qualified First Aid Officer & his equipment.

15. CRASH RESCUE AND FIRE FIGHTING FACILITIES: As per Track Licence.

16. INSURANCE: PUBLIC RISK INSURANCE is included under the permit for this Event. PERSONAL ACCIDENT INSURANCE - CAMS licence holders are covered by Personal Accident Insurance for the term of the licence. Insurance for this event will be provided in accordance with Appendix I of the current CAMS Manual.

17. POSTPONEMENT/ABANDONMENT/CANCELLATION: The organisers reserve the right to postpone, abandon or cancel the Event in accordance with NCR 59.

18. ALCOHOL: During any event, consumption of alcoholic beverages in the paddock, pits or any other portion of the competition venue under the control of the officials is expressly forbidden until all practice or competition activity is concluded for each day. Any driver or crew member who is found to be affected by alcohol on the day of the event or practice therefore shall not be permitted to participate. Refer NCR 145A of the Current CAMS Manual. In addition, the persons concerned will be subject to the Articles of the Standard Operating Procedure for Alcohol Testing and CAMS Anti-Doping Policy. Competitors, crews or officials may be randomly tested for alcohol by a CAMS Accredited Testing Official (CATO) or other drugs at any time during the event(s).
The CAMS Anti-Doping Policy, as appears in the CAMS Manual of Motor Sport and as amended from time to time, is recognised as an integral component of the NCR and is duly authorised as such. In any areas where the National Competition Rules and the Anti-Doping Policy conflict, the Anti-Doping Policy will take precedence.

19. ADDITIONS AND/OR ALTERATIONS: Any additions and/or alterations to these Supplementary Regulations will be notified to all Drivers in Further Regulations or during the Drivers’ Briefing.
75 TX Coupe
firebug
Regular

Post by firebug »

I will check with MGCCN Jonno and get back to you. Last year was $80 because we agreed to pair up with the National drivers but seeing as they cancelled that we kept the $80/driver agreement. All the above rules should remain exactly the same, but they will post me the guidelines before we race and I'll post them here. As soon as I know I'll post it all up... :)
"Can't stop addicted to the shindig!..."
Jonno
Korean Jesus

Post by Jonno »

No worries let us know how you go.

Will update/edit details as they come.

Martin & Matt have confirmed as coming to.
75 TX Coupe
Holden202T
Regular

Post by Holden202T »

I know its a bit late notice, but if anyone is interested there is a state championship round at Ringwood this Saturday apparently and it will be the full new track!
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower!!
Jonno
Korean Jesus

Post by Jonno »

202Gem wrote:I know its a bit late notice, but if anyone is interested there is a state championship round at Ringwood this Saturday apparently and it will be the full new track!
Are you going?
Grab some video :wink:

Also confirming Arrow and Martys attendance for next year.
75 TX Coupe
Holden202T
Regular

Post by Holden202T »

yeah I am going to try and get there to spectate for at least a few hours hopefully so i'll try and get some footage for ya's!
DrewZa86
Regular

Post by DrewZa86 »

Might duck up in the arvo for a squizz!
danman wrote:Seriously! A field of rape...
Jonno wrote:No gemini is a good investment
Holden202T
Regular

Post by Holden202T »

I found out its sat and sunday .... i'm planning Saturday cause other friends are going then!
Holden202T
Regular

Post by Holden202T »

more to come later!

track is top notch now, tar all through the pits and the new portion of the track looks pretty fast - they've done a great job upgrading it.
P1120388.JPG
P1120388.JPG (508.49 KiB) Viewed 7121 times
robbbbo666
Regular

Post by robbbbo666 »

I still should be 50% up for it just let me know by when I have to confirm and will decide then
G180 TG Wagon
Holden202T
Regular

Post by Holden202T »

ok heres some vids from the weekend, gives you a good idea of the new extended track.

Last edited by Holden202T on Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jonno
Korean Jesus

Post by Jonno »

robbbbo666 wrote:I still should be 50% up for it just let me know by when I have to confirm and will decide then
That's weak dude 100% IN or ban :lol:

Entrants So Far:
1. Jonno
2. Firebug
3. highwaytohell
4. DaveHAT
5. robbbbo666
6. Marty
7. Matt Egan
8. Scott aka arrow

TBC
9. Footner aka Cazz