2x 1600 powered Geminis for a 15second pass or 57sec circuit

15's for $1500 Competition
Jonno
Korean Jesus

2x 1600 powered Geminis for a 15second pass or 57sec circuit

Post by Jonno »

So my mate bought a TG
I've had a random gemi I've been working on.

I bought a 1600 figured I might do something with. I potentially bought it with something else attached. But that's another project....

Although with all the parts I have lying around I think the rules will probably last 1 run and I crack the s*)ts and run boosts.

I'm not going to clog up with a 100000 page build thread on how I changed the rims 181 times or put a tank of fuel in it.

Gemini 1.
The TG is a SL Purchased not running, carb not connected and in bits, no starter motor and homo rims. Low rust fairly original and zero bog.
Bought to run around skid pan but my mates away for the weekend.

Costing so bits have cost far less than $500
(Including a set of neat 17s for the sickness factor)

Currently Not running having an amount of problems which will sort.

Car 2
Gemini with a stocker 1600 (with original 15,000 ks on it!) Yes c*#nts I have receipts to.
Runs
Has 2 seats, a dash and a steering wheel

Both are Completely Standard G161zs
Nikki Fed No fancy ignition both have standard exhausts and manifolds, also both have standard suspension & both require bushes replaced.

Here in Canberra we don't care for straight line racing too much (seeing as the nearest 1/4 is in Sydney)
So we figure that we might make it a bit fun and race around our local race track and first of all see how fast we can get the 1600 powered Gemis around the track then when time and $ permit head up to Sydney and see how fast we can smash the things down the track (and drive home)

(Looking to run anything better than a 57second lap around the track)

Both cars are un-registered and have been out of rego for more than 12 months. For added hardness We will factor in the initial inspection fee for both cars to get over the pits.

Will update when both cars run and skid.

Then progress further

We aren't factoring in alcohol consumption, purchasing of tools (unless super specialty gemini related)

I'm not factoring in parts I have lying around as a cost either mainly as I generally can't remember what the f*#k I pay for most things.

All things that are new and purchased will be factored in.

Pending funds will factor in $50 for a tank fuel.
Is there a restriction on fuel type? I honestly cbf reading the rules lol.

Sicknez
Will get pics next time I remember
75 TX Coupe
GemiNats > https://www.facebook.com/GeminiNationals
#TurboFamily #Geminats #Bucketship
YT: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPKSHb ... akJ04sOYjw