MGOTD's TD Gemini with QAUDS and LSD!

This Forum is here for each member to post pics of his/her Gemini’s. Keep it to one thread per car.. if you get more pics etc, add them to your existing thread, DO NOT start a new one
MGOTD
Regular

MGOTD's TD Gemini with QAUDS and LSD!

Post by MGOTD »

Got the gem rego'd :D , passed road worthy no problems at all, Look forward to the next cruise or event.

Specs are:

Engine and Drive Train:
1.6L reco'd
80lb Valve springs
weber 32/36 with hi flow filter
70/30 cam
Lukey 4-2-1 extractors
excedy HD clutch
5sp gearbox
balanced tailshaft
reco'd brake booster and master cylinder
reco'd front and rear brakes running silicon brake fluid
reco'd radiator
9mm leads

Exterior:
Full respray in Atlantis Blue Metallic with two white racing stripes
Resprayed tail light surrounds in a aluminium based paint (look like high polished aluminium)
Re-chromed both bumpers

Interior:
New Tan hood lining
crack free dash
Original tacho cluster
triple gauges
Alpine Type R 6x9's (Rear) and 6.5" splits (front)
Alpine IDA-X001 HU
Electric Windows
Retrimmed Parcel tray
Retrimmed Door cards
Retrimmed sun visors
Retrimmed Boot
Installed a light in the boot

Left to do:
suspension-new everything
rims-Painting some old ones i have lying around here and will also be looking at getting some dragway Indies with bridgestone eagers on them
Engine- GT40 coil and will be getting dyno'd on the 30th of sep

A big thanks to the Ozgemini community all your help was greatly appreciated, especially elky for all his help with parts.

Cheers
Matt
Last edited by MGOTD on Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:58 pm, edited 10 times in total.
beausuf
Regular

Post by beausuf »

Very neat, i love atlantis blue its the best stock color i rekon. Read your off topic on the wheels idea and i think they would look good white, would go with the white stripes, will look good when its sitting on top of the trye :wink:
ALT + F4 = HAPPYNESS!
TGBOSS
Chatterbox

Post by TGBOSS »

Well done mate, very neat car, enjoy it! BTW did you know your number plate says " BALDY"(sort of) :D :D
Previously Known As siktg
kartracer1841
Regular

Post by kartracer1841 »

clean as car mate
MGOTD
Regular

Post by MGOTD »

Thanks every one, will upload some more pics when i take them at the GM day.......
siktg wrote:Well done mate, very neat car, enjoy it! BTW did you know your number plate says " BALDY"(sort of) :D :D
haha thats a better way of looking at it...all i saw when i got them was lady was thinking of asking for some different ones lol.

now i have a job i will be able to get stuff done sooner...will be looking at getting the exhaust done in the next couple of weeks and after that will be saving up to get the suspension done. Will be getting lowered springs(should drop it 25mm at the front and 35mm at the rear) and short travel shocks plus all new bushes.

Cheers
Matt
MGOTD
Regular

Post by MGOTD »

Bit of an update....got the exhaust done today.... lukey 4-2-1 extractors into a 2 1/4 inch system with a lukey ultra flow muffler and stainless dump pipe tip.....will get pics soon.....also going to get dyno'd on tuesday.

Cheers
Matt
MGOTD
Regular

Post by MGOTD »

Got the gem dyno'd today.....was told it will make more power and drive better at lower rpm if i up the compression and port and polish the head....still i am happy with the results.

hope to have the rims painted shortly, have one in primer and two ready to be coated in primer.....also saving to have the offset changed and new center caps for some dragway pro's i got off elky.

Cheers
Matt
YES13Q
n00b

Post by YES13Q »

looks good not bad power output
MGOTD
Regular

Post by MGOTD »

bit of bad news....was on my way to noosa today to get my heater outlet fixed and went around a corner at below the speed limit and accelerated (not hard) and the back end kicked out and i lost control and put the drivers side into a big narly tree so it is totaled :cry: was a combination of skinny oldish tyres and freshly wet road...no major injuries just a sore hip and a few scrapes and cuts from the glass....currently hunting another early model gem to transfer everything into :cry:.

Cheers
Matt
elky
Gemini Master

Post by elky »

s*#t dude!

wipe out

did the dash survive? if so that dash has good luck! 2 wipeouts so far....

cheers
MGOTD
Regular

Post by MGOTD »

yeah dash survived lol......you might no the spot elky, top of hill street in pomona on the way to cooroy that corner with those massive trees on the side of the road?.......hopefully be able to get my hands on another early model because the front gaurds and all the running gear and interior except for the drivers seat belt is all ok.

Cheers
Matt
*COUPE*
n00b

Post by *COUPE* »

NO WAY, that was one of the nicest stock paintjobs i had ever seen, sorry to hear mate i hope you find a new one soon :(
TD Coupe N/A 2L P/B 14.5

CA18DET TD Wagon

2002 GSXR600 for sale $7500
SLIMER
Regular

Post by SLIMER »

wow...maybe its the dash thats cursed...lol
got to hurt looking at them pics though, nice gem smashed, sad to see.
elky
Gemini Master

Post by elky »

yea i know the corner, is that bitumen the slippery coarse stuff? i havent been around there for awhile but it used to be evil...

yea that TD i got here might fit the bill....i have had a deposit put on it but he hasn't picked it up yet

cheers
MGOTD
Regular

Post by MGOTD »

yeah it is a pretty hairy corner even in the dry lol.....was just thinking that elky let me know if/when i can come get it.......just needs to be a rolling shell have all the gear here to put the old engine in it.

Cheers
Matt