Nicks TG Diesel

This Forum is here for each member to post pics of his/her Gemini’s. Keep it to one thread per car.. if you get more pics etc, add them to your existing thread, DO NOT start a new one
su59em
Regular

Post by su59em »

i wish i had your car dude, id be fuelling it for free! sweet ride but i love hyperfang wheels i havent seen any that big in a while.
redzone (coxy) wrote:I'm very keen to rape the s*#t out of my car with an lsd in it!
RB2633GTR

Post by RB2633GTR »

diesel hey cool
TDSLE
n00b

Post by TDSLE »

Number plate definitely back to the middle and if you ever tire of it let me know :)
strokemybone
Regular

Post by strokemybone »

mate this thing looks mint love it just ganna keep it a stocky cruiser??? or...?? i like it just how it is but number plate in the middle i reckon. chrome goes over guards and all under front apron looks awsome
thanx tea gem your a champ
stubbsy212
Regular

Post by stubbsy212 »

Ok time for an update guys.

Gem just passed rego, so another 12 months of fun ahead lol.

Car has had a noise in the diff for a while, new the wheel bearing was on its way out, the seal is now leaking though so its time to rebuild. while ive got the diff out i think ill sound deaden the underbody for somethin to do.

Also got an adjustable panhard rod to straighten up the rear, in my case the bar needs to be lengthened, which is different to what people say is the norm. Nearly finished my new exhaust, bought a 2 1/4 inch stainless exhaust off a VE ute for $50, cut it up and made it to fit. Was gonna polish it but dunno if i can be bothered lol.

Ill post some pics tomoz of the intercooler i picked up, aswell as the turbo mocked up in the engine bay.

Cheers Nick
degs..

Post by degs.. »

look nice and clean nice car bro
fleaboy
Regular

Post by fleaboy »

will be interesting to hear what they diesel sounds like with the exhaust... Youtube it :wink:
stubbsy212
Regular

Post by stubbsy212 »

fleaboy wrote:will be interesting to hear what they diesel sounds like with the exhaust... Youtube it :wink:
Hahah will do, suspect it will be quite loud till the turbo goes on, they tend to muffle a bit.

Cheers Nick
JT

Post by JT »

chuck up the build pics of the parcel shelf, mines also cactus and am contemplating attempting some glass work
stubbsy212
Regular

Post by stubbsy212 »

Bit of an update :)

Exhaust is finished and im finally happy with the fitment. Note is quite good for a diesel :), if you couldnt hear the idle (nacka nacka nacka lol) i rekon you would mistake it for a petrol. Ended up using 2 resonators in the system, no mufflers! :lol:

Also changed an axle/bearing/seal that was leaking and noisy for a good spare i had.
Fixed the brakes aswell, the amount of s*#t that was in the master/reseviour was stupid, must have had some s*#t fluid in it at some stage. Swapped the master for another that i know is good, made sure everything was adjusted and it was all good :)

still havent got round to finishing the parcel shelf, lazy but meh.

Turbo is all but ready to go on, only gotta work out what im gonna do about the sump drain and im good to go.

ill get some pics and a vid of the exhaust shortly

Cheers Nick
Nimbus
Regular

Post by Nimbus »

Looks the goods Nick! It's straight and clean as!
Look kids! It's an internet forum!
geminiv6turboute
Long Term Member

Post by geminiv6turboute »

i have a pair of NOS diesel rear wheel bearings to suit te,tf, tg diesel.pm if interested and i will find them.
stubbsy212
Regular

Post by stubbsy212 »

Hey guys

Stumbled across some photos of my old car, Red TE diesel :)

The car met an unfortunate end with a tree. It rolled down the hill at my parents house (silly me let it in neutral), probably only rolled about 20 metres or so, but the hill was fairly steep and hence it was dead :(

Photo before, rims were photoshoped lol, i cant find a pic with the rims it was running.

After it hit the tree :(

And after i straightened it out with the landcruiser and a chain lol, its now a paddock basher/parts hoar

Cheers Nick
MGOTD
Regular

Post by MGOTD »

bloody hell it must of got a good roll going, looks like mine when i hit a tree at 40 clicks haha :shock:

Cheers
Matt
stubbsy212
Regular

Post by stubbsy212 »

Well the diesels been pluging away like a beauty lately.

i really wanna get this turbo on, but i cant afford to have it off the road, at all really.

As well as bumping the thread a bit, I thought id ask what people think its worth, no arguments, just what you would pay if it was for sale.

ITS NOT FOR SALE

just to clarify lol

Cheers Nick