My TG race car progress

This Forum is here for each member to post pics of his/her Gemini’s. Keep it to one thread per car.. if you get more pics etc, add them to your existing thread, DO NOT start a new one
tgracecar5

My TG race car progress

Post by tgracecar5 »

As a new member I thought that I might show my race car build progress and initial race meeting. Started as my son's car and I took over the build as he lost interest.
THe car was a very tidy TG SLX with no rust. The intention was to build a car to run historic regularity but as it is an 84 model it does not qualify so it has been finished as an improved production.

The engine is a 2 litre block with an early model head with the usual work done, race spec cam and twin 45 Dellortos.
Bond cage, VT commodore front brakes with 1 inch willwood m/cyl and no booster. Ran drums for one meeting with proportional valve but have since fitted the VS rear brake conversion. Running the standard diff with locked centre as well as 5 speed box. Wheels are simmons 15x7 with Bridgestone super softs. There is another set of wheels with Archillies R compound tyres but they are only used at club days and private practice. As an over 60's person I have been around cars for a while. Raced early model holdens in the 70's but this little car has been both fun and interesting to build and a great race car which is quite easy to drive fast.
At the moment the car is having a fresh engine prepared and the carbs up dated with larger chokes and jets, ready for the up coming season of racing.

Here is a link to some photos of the car. There is one of the car as purchased by my son. it was a very tidy road car but very standard with the Calibra wheels which now live on my wife's MX5
The other photos are from some of the race meetings.
I am happy to talk about the mods to the car, especially the commodore brake mods. It is not the normal Hoppers set up.

It appears that I have not been a member long enough to post links to photos. Will look at this and post asap.
GEMWRC
Long Term Member

Post by GEMWRC »

Hello and welcome ! Sounds like a lot of work has gone into this car, im keen to see the pics and some footage of it in action
All you need is 5 or 10 posts . Have a little look around and read some threads and simply comment to get your count up - then your pictures and links will work - Happy days
Gem13

Post by Gem13 »

Looking forward to reading more about it.....
Encyclopedia Ronnie
Long Term Member

Post by Encyclopedia Ronnie »

got afeeling this could be an intresting thread, ive nioticed alot of race car gems latley and not much street action, keen for some pics
Yes, i do still own my coupe, Yes it is still registered and running and ATM driven daily.

oh and NO its not painted yet
Jonno
Korean Jesus

Post by Jonno »

Send pics to the address I pm'd u ;)

I'll do the rest.

It's good to see more and more circuit spec geminis coming out.
75 TX Coupe
GemiNats > https://www.facebook.com/GeminiNationals
#TurboFamily #Geminats #Bucketship
YT: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPKSHb ... akJ04sOYjw