Gromets reply thread (help me pick my wheels :? )

This Forum is here for each member to post pics of his/her Gemini’s. Keep it to one thread per car.. if you get more pics etc, add them to your existing thread, DO NOT start a new one
Crazytim

Post by Crazytim »

Gromet wrote:cheers mate, its a shame because it gives the forum a bad name...
that's a nice DOHC B6 there haha... I like TX3s and familias.
yer lok15 make them to order but it might take him a little while cause hes just moved into a new house, but give him a PM.
Every forum I'm on has people like this, theres also those who get harrassed for doing things their way (differently) does suck much...
Our NZ gem forum www.gm-t.co.nz doesn't allow swearing which keeps things a bit more friendly.
Transforms words such as s*#t = nuts, f*#k = barrywhite, c*nt = Mrs Frunt Ma Runt and several others. In fact generally there isn't too much bad blood on that forum... small membership though.

Mazda's rule in my book almost as much as Gemini's and since I last had a Dohc Turbro 8-9 yrs ago the price of purchasing one (in NZ anyway) has plummetted... can pick up a fairly sweet modified 4WD example with not much needed to get finished for $2000 or so, the one I have an eye on is $3500 and has been converted to a BPT (1800 GTX engine) with all the bells and whistles, fresh paint etc plus it's a rare model... buying new family car a few weeks back has made me think twice though especially seeing I have 4 x Gemini's and Chevettes that need attention... (Family car is a Nissan Stagea RS4... RB25det niiiice)

Anyway big up's, yours looks like a sweet project, the last rims pictured look great too btw, does need a drop but I'm thinking you know this already!
Also with the bobtail spoiler, don't laugh but why not mock one up out of cardboard and spraypaint it orange before going to expense of purchasing one. Then you can look at it at all angles whereas photoshop will limit your scope on it.
Plus it will be pretty funny, cardboard spoiler... heheheh... there was a chick on another forum who had cardboard 6x9 boxes wrapped in fabric on her parcel shelf... cracked me up. They did work though and she has now ditched them...

One of my project cars has just gone into a shop to have heaps of stuff done, gave up trying to DIY... It's pretty much a hatchback version of your car check it out in the Isuzu/Opel Gallery.
Gromet
Chatterbox

Post by Gromet »

Im not gonna go with a bobtail any more, I keep changing my mind on this car aye...

I got a upswept zorst for it and im looking at another set of wheels to, there 15" wheels with the little holes in them and ther 6.5" wide, there not stocko rims, there mags il get a pic up tomorrow aye...

Oh and a got the genuine rear view mirrors for it to off ebay. ill post all this stuff up in my project thread tomorow.
lukes_tg
Regular

Post by lukes_tg »

looking good bro

t3/t4 haltech powered forged 4ze1 gemini in the build
Gromet
Chatterbox

Post by Gromet »

Thanks mate... Ok gotta choose between this rims. what would you guys pick?
these are 15x6.5
or
these are 16x7
lukes_tg
Regular

Post by lukes_tg »

are those rims in the first pic for sale? obviously not urs but yer

Gromet
Chatterbox

Post by Gromet »

yer, there a mates he got them re rolled for his gemini. but I can get them for what I think is rather cheap.
lukes_tg
Regular

Post by lukes_tg »

well if you dont want em ill take em off his hands ;)

Gromet
Chatterbox

Post by Gromet »

haha will do, there $400 for the set and they have good tread, is that good?
su59em
Regular

Post by su59em »

the first set :) f*#k yeah.
Cartman099

Post by Cartman099 »

gromet bro, the gem is looking sick as... Will be dope once you're finished..
kartracer1841
Regular

Post by kartracer1841 »

coming along nicely mate keep up the good work
DrewZa86
Regular

Post by DrewZa86 »

Gromet wrote:... any ways I got a few short clips of it on youtube now...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dR9c8Ep ... re=channel
Hahahaha i like how you indicated without lic plates on. Lookin schmick none the less :P :P :P
low-26l

Post by low-26l »

Gromet wrote:haha you can talk mate, but do you ever do?
http://www.ozgemini.com/forums/non-tech ... hp?t=30311

This is the funniest thread I mean every time I feel like a laugh I just click on it. i have it bookmarked to show my mates. lol a tin boot install bahaha
don't run you mouth mate and grow up. you ruined your thread don't do the same to mine. Oh and why would I come crying mate. it costs 40 bucks to get a door welded up, If it starts to rust Ill just plate it up.
Next time you post take a look at your own abortion first k. :wink:
is there still no more pics coming for a few years becuase of the sponser helping him with it or what ever it said :D

yours is lookin neat anyway, nice color
insert something witty
Gromet
Chatterbox

Post by Gromet »

Though I might just update, Ive had this car for almost 2 years now, nearly sold it once...

But its door jams are now painted, its covered in guide coat for the 3rd time. Im in the process of getting a bigger compressor... It should be done it the next few months. WOOOOH :P
Gromet
Chatterbox

Re: Gromets reply thread (help me pick my wheels :? )

Post by Gromet »

WOOOOPPPP!!!!! webbers been rebuilt too.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us