Stocky's Gold TG - It's been a while

This Forum is here for each member to post pics of his/her Gemini’s. Keep it to one thread per car.. if you get more pics etc, add them to your existing thread, DO NOT start a new one
stock_gem
Regular

Post by stock_gem »

Had a little accident. I was following a car through a major intersection with poor visibility through the nature strips, and an ambulance came through with its sirens on, I glanced to my right to look out for it, and by the time I looked straight, the car in front had stopped to let the ambulance through, which was actually coming from the left. Naturally, I had to run up his arse. That's just how things go.

Being gnarly by tying the Gemini to a large heavy object (read: Nissan Patrol) and reversing back to pull that s*#t straight.

Last edited by stock_gem on Fri Feb 32, 3043 13:75 pm; edited 3.14159265 times in total
Encyclopedia Ronnie
Long Term Member

Post by Encyclopedia Ronnie »

chin up bud happens to all of us at times at least ist verry fixable and fairly easily at that worst case do a rad panle swap job even thats not that bad of a job could have been alot worse did u f*#k tehrs up?

when i stuck mine up the arse of a vt wagon the towbar didnt even bend lol like the como had zero damage but my gemy did got the apron, bar both gaurds grill and light suround missed the rad by millimeters
Yes, i do still own my coupe, Yes it is still registered and running and ATM driven daily.

oh and NO its not painted yet
stock_gem
Regular

Post by stock_gem »

it was an 09 ford focus, it only cracked the paint on its bumper :lol:

whereas my car needs, a bumper, a grille, a headlight, a guard, a bonnet, and a radiator.

the rad support pushed the radiator into the fan and put a hole in it. I had to continue driving to work with the fan jammed up on the radiator, lucky its a viscous hub fan otherwise i don't know what i could have done to get the car home.
Last edited by stock_gem on Fri Feb 32, 3043 13:75 pm; edited 3.14159265 times in total
Encyclopedia Ronnie
Long Term Member

Post by Encyclopedia Ronnie »

no see thats the luky bit, the lack of damage our gems do to other cars i got off from that como i was stoked in a way yet devo in another
Yes, i do still own my coupe, Yes it is still registered and running and ATM driven daily.

oh and NO its not painted yet
F3ARED

Post by F3ARED »

Chin up mate, could've been way worse.

On a completely unrelated note, i couldnt help but read the topic title in Sue from Fast 'n' Louds voice. LOL
Previously GeminiCoupe/GeminiRollingShell/SCAR3D/Jonnoisac#nt

78 TD Gemini Sedan - R.I.P
81 TE Gemini Sedan
ajs991
Long Term Member

Post by ajs991 »

:(
List of people I hate: You.
stock_gem
Regular

Post by stock_gem »

Encyclopedia Ronnie wrote:no see thats the luky bit, the lack of damage our gems do to other cars i got off from that como i was stoked in a way yet devo in another
Yeah, after I realised the extent of the damage on my car, I felt pretty lucky I only needed to replace the bumper for the other guy's car. Got off easy I think.

My car is all straight again now, Just wait until you see how I've been driving it for the last couple days. :lol:
stock_gem
Regular

Post by stock_gem »

Unf. Image

I'll be putting the old guard back on once I straighten it out a bit. I think the black guard is attracting the wrong sort of attention. I must look like one of those 'hoons' we keep hearing about on A Current Affair.
stock_gem
Regular

Re: Stocky's Gold TG - Very Angry. I Mad Now.

Post by stock_gem »

It has been a while. I have no idea what happened, I used to be here everyday.

However, I've been a fairly interested in working on my car again, although I still haven't fixed the accident damage properly.

What I have done, is finished some mad ass wiring I've had in the pipeline for a while.

I don't have any pics yet, but here's what I've done:

-Finished the front power windows
-Installed remote keyless entry
-Integrated the two systems together.

I've wired the power windows so they work with the ignition ON, or with the doors unlocked, or both. So once I unlock the doors, I can use the windows. And, if I've forgotten to wind the windows up before I turn the engine off, I can still wind them up before I get out of the car. As soon as the doors are locked though, power to the window switches gets cut.

I'll take some photos soon, and I'll even do a write up for installing the power windows soon as well. Probably. Anyway, have a wiring diagram for this stuff I drew up cause I was bored.

ajs991
Long Term Member

Re: Stocky's Gold TG - It's been a while

Post by ajs991 »

More pics of car required dude :)
List of people I hate: You.
stock_gem
Regular

Post by stock_gem »

Tomorrow. I had nothing else to do right now and felt like posting something.
cjcrow
Regular

Post by cjcrow »

What did you do with the window winders mate? Did you leave them in, or take them out and patch the holes?
stock_gem
Regular

Post by stock_gem »

cjcrow wrote:What did you do with the window winders mate? Did you leave them in, or take them out and patch the holes?
I took them out and just left the holes. I have to make new door trims without the holes.
stock_gem
Regular

Post by stock_gem »

Here's some pics of the power windows. I've put the passenger side regulator in, and I've finally worked out all the bugs, which means I'm ready to write up a workshop article on them. I tried my hardest to make them fit without modifying the door too much, but unfortunately I've had to cut a small piece out of the door with a grinder to give room for the motor on the reg. I guess it doesn't really matter that much, the only reason I didn't want to cut the door up was in case I had to put the manual regs back in for whatever reason, but the power ones work great!

These switches are from a VN-VS Commodore, I used them for a few reasons. They're quite small, so they fit easily into the tiny Gemini centre console, they look like they're out of an 80's car, so they look like they belong there. They also run all the wiring directly through them, instead of though relays or control boxes, which really simplifies the wiring. Consequently, they don't have built in auto down, but I plan to wire this up soon once I figure it out. (I've mounted them further forward than I should've. I planned to make a console top that would get in the road of the switches if I put them further backward so they covered the hole perfectly. The console I've used is an early type one, TX-TE, because the hole in the same spot in a TG console is too big to put these switches into. You have to cut the front off an early one to fit it into a TF/TG.)

If you do put power windows into your car, it's a good idea to do it before making door trims. I made these 3 years ago though :lol: so there's not much I can do about that. It's a good excuse to make nicer ones though.

This is about the only photo I could've taken to show you the keyless entry.

(Note the way I painted my stone tray to look like a ZZ front bar :lol: )

Photos won't show you how the window switches are activated by unlocking the doors, so you'll have to take my word for it :lol: