arrows coupe

This Forum is here for each member to post pics of his/her Gemini’s. Keep it to one thread per car.. if you get more pics etc, add them to your existing thread, DO NOT start a new one
arrow
The Grand Master

arrows coupe

Post by arrow »

A couple of photos and some details

The engine is a g200
STD crank 10/10 grind
PAR rods
Aries pistons
Gapless rings
G161 oil pump
G200 head stainless valves, big springs and retainers
ARP studs top and bottom
Camtec cam
Wolf ECU, MW pro drag CDI and coils
Arrow inlet, 68mm TB
Arrow exhaust
GT3582R turbo
300X600X100 intercooler
ID2000 injectors
2 X 044 pumps

Gear box on the dyno was a STD 5 speed. I do have a built trimatic and converter to go in at some stage.

Diff is a full spool gem diff with 28 spline axels

I did take it out for a couple of shake down passes a week or so a go. It still had the stick shifter in it and the gear box was not great to start with (lot of abuse over the years) so I was very easy on it. Very soft take offs. It run 11.62 @ 127MPH the 60ft was 1.98. Buy the 3Rd run the box was all over.

I was happy with how it went come home in one piece. The plugs look good after each run.

Don’t know what to do now was planning to just put the auto in but I have this nagging feeling I would love to run a 10 with a manual. 10 second cars with manuals are just cool.

Next will be the cage I have brought the bender just need a couple of spare weeks ends don't know when that will be.

Dyno Run

http://youtu.be/slrGgTSmeMQ

sorry for the large photos but i have f##ked with them for a hour trying srink them and have got the s*)ts with it
OLDSCHOOL
Regular

Post by OLDSCHOOL »

luv it. The car looks awsome with the convo pro's. Just put the auto in and you will never go back to manual. Trust me ;)
TX Coupe. Isuzu G180, gemini auto and gemini diff. 10.84@127mph

TG Panel Van- G180
Jonno
Korean Jesus

Post by Jonno »

This is easily the coolest coupe I've seen in years.

(Looks and sounds awesome in real life to)

Just incase you can't get on youtube and didn't see it in the other thread

here's his dyno graph ;)

75 TX Coupe
GemiNats > https://www.facebook.com/GeminiNationals
#TurboFamily #Geminats #Bucketship
YT: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPKSHb ... akJ04sOYjw
DrewZa86
Regular

Post by DrewZa86 »

FUARK! Great work.
danman wrote:Seriously! A field of rape...
Jonno wrote:No gemini is a good investment
boostdgem
Chatterbox

Post by boostdgem »

Nice work mate the engine bay is very nicely done. what type of connector is that going through the firewall where the blower box usually sits?

Inlet manifold looks awesome.
How big is the cam in that thing?
I assume from the fuel system it is running on E85?

Can you post up your timeslip? if not I would like to know the 1/2 track MPH out of interest.

I say go for the 10's with the manual box, but it may be a good idea to swap for an MUA box if you do. You could do it with an MSG but reliability will definantly be a problem.
Do you have any problems with it falling off boost between gears with the 3582? I have a 3082 and it was a bit of an issue last time I ran the car, although there was a few factors such as cam size in my case that made the powerband a bit narrow.
G180 252Rwkw on 26psi with GT3082

126Mph on pump fuel
rotagem
Regular

Post by rotagem »

Very Tuff!!! :evil: sounds awesome in real life too. Awesome setup!
arrow
The Grand Master

Post by arrow »

The connector is of a cat truck its made deutch (spelling?? ) all the engine wiring gos through it quick and ease to pull the engine. The cam is not that big 240@ 50 it would make more with a bigger stick in it but would be slower to come on boost. The plan is to put a auto in it and big cams can be hard to get on the converter ( gas is good )

turbo. the exhaust housing is a .63 so boost comes on good it is making boost by 3300. Yes it fell off boost between 3 and 4 the way I have the boost set up it comes on slow. It seamed like for ever in 4th for the boost to run up. the wastgate spring is only a 7psi and the boost runs from there. The fuel is methonal for the simple reason its easy on engines. e85 is great I have used it on other engines with a lot of success the best fuel for for a rego car by far. This car is a trailer queen so meth it is.
almaster
Chatterbox

Post by almaster »

arrow wrote:The connector is of a cat truck its made deutch (spelling?? ) .
Deutsch :wink:
TX Gem Coupe Granny Spec
boostdgem
Chatterbox

Post by boostdgem »

Just looked up those Deutsch connectors they look to be very good value and perfect for automotive use. They use very similar (if not identical) pins to aerospace grade connectors but with plastic bodies and without the Milspec price tag.

Looking at your dyno graph as you cross the line at 200kph it is still ramping up, although behavior on the dyno may not be consistent to real load conditions on the track?

Are you planning on racing again soon?
G180 252Rwkw on 26psi with GT3082

126Mph on pump fuel
holdenrules
Chatterbox

Post by holdenrules »

I'm a diesel fitter at cat I would deffiently go down that track awesome connectors.
jimmymeik89
Regular

Post by jimmymeik89 »

that looks awesome.. good job!

is it just me or is the engine tilted up on the drivers side? i assume its for the inlet manifold if so..
arrow
The Grand Master

Post by arrow »

Yes the engine has been tilted over for the inlet.

Cat fitter by trade too

If I had the time I would be out at the next test and tune but I dont think that is going to happen. Hoping to get back to a track before Christmas But time will fly then it will be next year
MGOTD
Regular

Post by MGOTD »

Nice coupe mate......haha I'm going to be starting my apprenticeship as a cat fitter next year lol
almaster
Chatterbox

Post by almaster »

Awesome coupe mate!

Another diesel fitter in the mines checking in :lol:
TX Gem Coupe Granny Spec
gemini90

Post by gemini90 »

Hi very nice engine bay just woundering
do you no were to get arp studs for the
Bottom end. Thanks