76 TX Sedan

This Forum is here for each member to post pics of his/her Gemini’s. Keep it to one thread per car.. if you get more pics etc, add them to your existing thread, DO NOT start a new one
Encyclopedia Ronnie
Long Term Member

Re: 76 TX Sedan

Post by Encyclopedia Ronnie »

the brakes are not self adjusting like the later sailsbury, get under there and adjust them up and it will be a million times beter,

ohhh 1 thing u cant really stop is the 1st lock, almost every morning the 1st time i hit the brakes they lock up after that perfect lol
Yes, i do still own my coupe, Yes it is still registered and running and ATM driven daily.

oh and NO its not painted yet
Stig
Regular

Post by Stig »

Encyclopedia Ronnie wrote:the brakes are not self adjusting like the later sailsbury, get under there and adjust them up and it will be a million times beter,

ohhh 1 thing u cant really stop is the 1st lock, almost every morning the 1st time i hit the brakes they lock up after that perfect lol
How do you go about adjusting them? Didn't realize there was stuff to adjust, have to check out my manuals tomorrow.
Definitely prefer to do that.

Otherwise I have another TX parts car that someone has put a sals diff on, could always swap them over I guess.

Plans are to eventually get a diesel diff with factory rear discs and potentially factory LSD.
Whenever I can locate one and have the cash.
Stig
Regular

Post by Stig »

Done a little bit in the last few weeks.
Got some parts from Japan in the post. Some Isuzu hubcaps and a steering wheel.
Wheel is in, but probably end up selling the hubcaps as I have something else planned for the wheels.

TurboGem electronic ignition also installed. Dizzy cap was a bit corroded, so replaced that with a good one as well. Idles heaps better now, and a bit of an improvement on fuel efficiency.

Accelerator pump I replaced with the carby kit one wasn't working properly, do swapped it with another I had. Working properly now.

Also had a play with the choke, still isn't working great, but better than before. I have another that has a piston attached to it, a pull off or something. Might change it over and see if that works better.

Turns out the other TX with the sals diff still had the early brakes, but it had better pads and drums, so swapped them over.
Looking at putting in an adjustable bias valve to restrict the rears and stop them locking up.

Was having what I thought was a bit of trouble with my radiator overflowing. Dumping fluid every once in a while. Turns out I was just over filling it every time...

Rear shocks were also replaced as the old ones were as dead can be.
Still compressed after half an hour...

Stig
Regular

Post by Stig »

Few bits and pieces done over the last two weeks.

Completely redid the brakes AGAIN...
New shoes, machined drums and disks, new rear wheel cylinders.
Still hasn't fixed the locking up situation though.
May try some better front pads to see if that evens it up next. Otherwise it's on to the bias valve.

Also replaced front wheel bearings, and swapped the BW diff for the late model Sals, keeping the TX rear brake setup.
And I must say, it does drive nicer with all that stuff done. Less noises coming from everywhere, smoother, just more enjoyable to drive in general.

Also been picking up a few goodies here and there when I spot them.

Got some original fender mirrors sent over.

Great condition, would say someone's restored them recently, as everything is cleaned up, new glass (A bit dirty, but no scratches) and it's been painted.

Then late in the week I went and picked this boot load up!

Storey is; Boosted G200 that was running in a Rodeo, bit cracked a piston in between the rings due to too much boost.
Comes with some goodies like new double row timing chain, MLS head gasket, near new Exedy clutch (apparently custom weight), balanced bottom end, etc, etc.
Problem is, it's bored out to 60 thou. Fresh bore, but as bit as she goes.

Going to see what it's worth doing with. Either new pistons, chuck it together, away she goes.
Or toss the block, try and hunt down another good virgin one, or potentially go 161 stroker.

Here's some pics of the stuff I picked up though. Did I mention I got it all for $200? :lol:

moley
Long Term Member

Post by moley »

Wouldn't even attempt a 60 thou over turbo block mate it won't last. I can freight you a virgin block if you really get stuck and want one I have quite a few now. If it cracked a piston it would probably be due to detonation/poor timing
Coupe rebuild number 6..
viewtopic.php?t=44564
Stig
Regular

Post by Stig »

moley wrote:Wouldn't even attempt a 60 thou over turbo block mate it won't last. I can freight you a virgin block if you really get stuck and want one I have quite a few now. If it cracked a piston it would probably be due to detonation/poor timing
Cheers man. That's what my thought is too.
Taking the lot to Darren from GemRacing to see what he thinks and what we can do.

Picked the lot up as it was ridiculously cheap, and I figured if I couldn't use the lot, at least parts would be usable, or could be sold on to make back what I spent.

A new engine will be in the works either way. Not looking to make huge power. Want to keep it with some sort of carby for the moment. And as I'm still on my P plates, no point overdoing it just to get in trouble.
Car's a daily driver, just want something with a little more oomph, and something I know I can rely on.

Plan is to eventually drive it would Aus later this year with a little tear drop trailer, so piece of mind is definitely something I want.

You might get a PM from me next week. :D
Stig
Regular

Post by Stig »

Engine dropped off with Darren from Gem Racing a few weeks ago. Still trying to sort out weather to go 1.6L block and stroke it with the 2L crank and rods, or find another virgin 2L block to use.
I think I'll end up going which ever way is cheaper in the end, as there shouldn't be a huge power difference.

Also picked up another boot load of goodies! To be fitted up this weekend hopefully.

OLDSCHOOL
Regular

Post by OLDSCHOOL »

Any more pics with the wheels fitted?
TX Coupe. Isuzu G180, gemini auto and gemini diff. 10.84@127mph

TG Panel Van- G180
Stig
Regular

Post by Stig »

Not really as of yet.
Have to get some hub centric rings so they'd not sitting on the lugs, and I want more low.
Sitting on standard springs at the moment.
I'll get them fitted up properly this weekend and get a couple of snaps to post it up.
Be a good comparison once I lower it.
OLDSCHOOL
Regular

Post by OLDSCHOOL »

sweet. i have some king super lows for the front if ur interested. $100
TX Coupe. Isuzu G180, gemini auto and gemini diff. 10.84@127mph

TG Panel Van- G180
cdtpf60
Regular

Post by cdtpf60 »

rota shakotans?
happiness is a cdt pf60 race car
now being worked on!!!!!!!
Stig
Regular

Post by Stig »

cdtpf60 wrote:rota shakotans?
No fakes here! Hayashi Street.

14x6.5+13 and 14x7+7 with 175/65/14 rubber.
cdtpf60
Regular

Post by cdtpf60 »

DAMN...they must have cost a pretty penny...your one lucky man..very nice indeed
happiness is a cdt pf60 race car
now being worked on!!!!!!!
Stig
Regular

Post by Stig »

Got them for less than what I was willing to spend.
Had been looking at importing some wheels from Japan for a while.
Was lucky enough for these to pop up loyally, went for a test fit 2 days later, took them on the spot.
Managed to get the set what what I was going to import some for, plus these had tyres!

Pics as promised.
May not even need to go more low?

ImageImageImage
BLK-TDPANO
Regular

Post by BLK-TDPANO »

Needs more low. Make it level in the rear.

Sent from my ST21a2 using Tapatalk 4