Dirty Gypsy found

This Forum is here for each member to post pics of his/her Gemini’s. Keep it to one thread per car.. if you get more pics etc, add them to your existing thread, DO NOT start a new one
Josh
Long Term Member

Re: Dirty Gypsy found

Post by Josh »

You're crazy man! That roof repair is huge!
GEMWRC
Long Term Member

Post by GEMWRC »

It sucks to get let down when you pay good money but it happens all the time ..

This is how it should have been repaired the first time , Being in a workshop at the start they were charging by the hour and that eats dollars rapidly , I cant imagine it would have taken much longer to do it this way but obviously you need the guru touch to do a repair like that time efficiently ..

Thanks for following the Build everyone .

Its paint time now .. Going 2pack
And its called Flamenco Red (GM Paint 568 30517)

.. Its quite an orangey red in color . Using Dupont Paint products which I think is the brand GMH used ..

Last edited by GEMWRC on Thu Jul 14, 2016 2:47 am, edited 5 times in total.
GEMWRC
Long Term Member

Post by GEMWRC »

Black outs next . You wont find blackouts on any other model Gemini Van or wagon .
If you think you have found a Gypsy this is actually something to look out for !!

A few months ago a Red Gypsy without decals popped up for sale in Melbourne on facesluts .. The blackouts gave it away to those in the know..

Guru copied the blackouts off the spare parts Gypsy . Yes thats right another one , and its toast..

Last edited by GEMWRC on Thu Jul 14, 2016 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
GEMWRC
Long Term Member

Post by GEMWRC »

This is it when I went over to help fit the doors , tailgate and bonnet . It came home shortly after ..

GEMWRC
Long Term Member

Post by GEMWRC »

This is the spare parts whore Gypsy that was given to me by the Guru after he had his devious way with it .. The roof went on my Gypsy and the doors / B pillars onto Gurus sedan.. He got the Yellow Gypsy for $100 from the paint supplier , thats even less than what I paid for mine , but at least mine had a floor pan (no f*#cking roof though !! :evil: ) The story goes something like this ..

Some dude bought the car a long time ago for $5g and it was Immac...
Then one day he bought a Monaro and parked the Immac Gypsy up .. In grass .. outside in the rain .... see where im going with this ?? Fast forward 10 years and you have 1 dead Gypsy Van ..
The decals vanished from the sun damage , the sills and floorpan are completely f*#cked .. This car would still be mint if it was parked undercover..
As i take parts off I notice how bad the rust is and also how original it is , unmolested unmodified , but eternally raped .. Sad sad sad , But perfect to copy and make mine spot on.

And dont worry about the rims being wrong , that was just to move it , I got another full set of SLEzzz with caps with it .

Codes = Jasmine Yellow .. 4 speed car ..

I Just have a few assembly pictures to upload and this thread is back up to date.. Hopefully i can keep it that way for once ..
Jonno
Korean Jesus

Post by Jonno »

The red look awesome1!!!!

Real shame about the donor van though :(

Makes you wonder some people.
75 TX Coupe
GemiNats > https://www.facebook.com/GeminiNationals
#TurboFamily #Geminats #Bucketship
YT: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPKSHb ... akJ04sOYjw
Holden202T
Regular

Post by Holden202T »

that roof looks mint now :D
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower!!
GEMWRC
Long Term Member

Post by GEMWRC »

Going back together .
NOS fuel pump

NOS GM taillights in . Painted new boot floor with rustkill red oxide

Cleaned up the tank with a scotchbright dropped that back in with original screws and clamps . new hose .

Screwed the lid on with armrest screws because they are shiny and fit .. (no idea what the original screws look like for the cover)

Cleaned up all fittings along the way using original bolts . Chipped the paint :twisted:
Last edited by GEMWRC on Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jonno
Korean Jesus

Post by Jonno »

*Heavy breathing
75 TX Coupe
GEMWRC
Long Term Member

Post by GEMWRC »

Hrmm looks like I lost a picture there , will fix it up and get some more pics up soon . Got the door locks , handles and latch all in now .
This is a super slow piece together , I have never done anything like this before Its all about organization and s*#t ..
I really need to start getting bolts plated and parts powdercoated black .. Its holding up the show .

Just thinking about it does my head in.. "Is this bolt meant to be painted red or plated .. Hrmm I cant fit that yet because its not powdercoated"

- what a process. Back up Gypsy is coming in handy .
F3ARED

Post by F3ARED »

f*#cking hell panel work turned out epic. You got the decals sorted yet?

Slight side track, did you ever sell the ZZ/Z?
Previously GeminiCoupe/GeminiRollingShell/SCAR3D/Jonnoisac#nt

78 TD Gemini Sedan - R.I.P
81 TE Gemini Sedan
GEMWRC
Long Term Member

Post by GEMWRC »

Hey man ..
Once the rust was fixed it was a straight car .. The panels were mint and didnt need much filler at all . Some of it was file finished.
I still cant believe I have had a bare metal respray and now im doing a nut and bolt resto .. This is killling me , today I spent some time collecting the engine bay bolts from the parts Gypsy and cleaning them up , finding doubles and chucking them in a plating box , got the loom in the engine bay after 2 hours cleaning it with a toothbrush. Looks brand new now and has all the part number strips intact including the rare as f*#k Genuine extra amp gauge harness with part number.. mental.

Decals are made , got the invoice yesterday. Made by the Sandman decal guy .. http://stickthisdecals.com.au/

And yes sold ZZZ to pay for the last round of rust repairs panel and paint .
Its up for sale on Gumtree now with more rare spares parts added to the NOS collection I started and carpet etc ...
GEMWRC
Long Term Member

Post by GEMWRC »

New pump in .

New hinge on . Sticks out a bit . Will have to polish that cap up

NOS lense

Started on the doors .

Bought new upper bailey channels for $80 each. The lock gaskets dont fit , dont waste your money on them .

Bought these and discovered you need 2 washers or the door wont shut right. Found my old washers which look horrible But I do have them at least if rare spares dont they will be plated.

I cant decide if i want to slightly over restore it and have nice plated bolts on the doors. I checked several Van doors and they are all painted body color when these cars are new..

The bonnet and tailgate hinge bolts are also ones that are painted body color when new . Geminis are preassembled before paint which you can see when you remove a bonnet or bootlid , there is no paint under the hinge at all .. I forgot to get my bonnet bolts painted lol and have guard ones in at the moment :(

Jonno
Korean Jesus

Post by Jonno »

Man, so cool.
75 TX Coupe
GEMWRC
Long Term Member

Post by GEMWRC »

Thanks man .. Feast your eyes on this
13580409_1725209214408480_4400440070353287300_o.jpg
13580409_1725209214408480_4400440070353287300_o.jpg (84.27 KiB) Viewed 7878 times